C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Yeah! Well done, no stopping you now!

I have just realised that as hard as I found the 25 min runs, I can now carry on with my day as normal afterwards ( not feeling dead!) so I guess that is a good thing!

i cant even begin to imagine running for 25m let alone being able to get on with my day after lol

You will be able to! It's amazing how well it works!! At the beginning I never thought I would but I can, and I am sure others will give you the same story. When you get to week 7 you will be telling all the new starters your success story ;-)

You are doing great woodland girl!!!

I am starting wk 4 this week. A little concerned about doing 5 mins, but I'm sure I will get through it. :)

i hope i can make it through wk1!! my knee is hurting this morning, prob just general aches? thought i would go and buy some knee supports today ready for my next run tomorrow see if that helps i kind of do have a weak right knee so im hoping its just sore from the impact because i really do not want to give up with this!! any advice anyone??

Hi Wednesday
I also have painful knees so I know what you mean! Make sure you do lots of stretching during the training. I did extra in the walking sections just to be sure. Rest days are important too!
Hope it goes well. You might find running is too high impact for you but you won't know until you try. My knee is bizarrely getting better as a stretch and strengthen it!

Hi Wednesday
I also have painful knees so I know what you mean! Make sure you do lots of stretching during the training. I did extra in the walking sections just to be sure. Rest days are important too!
Hope it goes well. You might find running is too high impact for you but you won't know until you try. My knee is bizarrely getting better as a stretch and strengthen it!
im going to get a knee support today and prob an ankle one too, im so gutted because i really want to do this, im not going to give up unless it gets absolutely unbearable, it doesnt help that my right knee is slightly dodgy and im right side dominant lol it will be ok, i just need to keep telling myself i can do this!! before i go out tomorrow im going to do some stretching and warm up exercises rather than just rely on the 5m brisk walk to get me warmed up.
reading this thread has really inspired me to get off my backside and start it, ive been wanting to do it for ages but didnt think i could!!

Just with regards to supports-be aware that if you have a bad knee, it's worth getting too, and your 'good' knee will overcompensate for the bad one and you could end up straining that one too-just a bot of friendly advice! Good luck with the running plan tho-it is awesome! I'm hooked

nice work woodland girl!! did you spend any longer on any of the weeks? im wondering when ill struggle!! off out for week two day two in a little while! x

Hope you have a great run Jayne! I think I had 2 goes first time I had to do 8 mins. I put that one down to running too soon after eating!
I had to pause a couple of times today to ease a stitch so I broke the rules by stopping for a mo. My knees ache tonight and I am sure that there are more stairs in our house than normal :)

Not the best run! had to stop half way through and walk the rest because my knees started to hurt! typical!

it was really tiring tonight but I'm glad I tried, will give week 2 day three a go on Thursday night and FINALLY get onto week three next week, knee pain or no knee pain!!

x

W3R3 - Treadmill. Did the 90 sec bits at 10kph but couldn't get above 9.2kph for the last 3 min segment - ie. really overdid it... Felt a bit sick/wobbly afterward. That said, I like the idea of caning it on the treadmill and then having a nice easy run outside. Time will tell if it works... Achilles reasonably quiet today.

Wednesday, I am thinking about 30 Day Shred but it scares me silly! Are you doing that at the same time as C25K? xx

W3R3 - Treadmill. Did the 90 sec bits at 10kph but couldn't get above 9.2kph for the last 3 min segment - ie. really overdid it... Felt a bit sick/wobbly afterward. That said, I like the idea of caning it on the treadmill and then having a nice easy run outside. Time will tell if it works... Achilles reasonably quiet today.

Wednesday, I am thinking about 30 Day Shred but it scares me silly! Are you doing that at the same time as C25K? xx

hiya, yeah i do the 30 ds everyday only started the c25k on monday but its my plan to run mon wed fri. give the shred a go, the first few days are the worst but your body really does adapt very quickly, i wont say it gets easier as you go on, but you will really notice a change in your strengh and endurance. i love jillian in the first 9 days i lost 9 inchs and 4 lbs :D
i notice you do the c25k on a treadmill, my knee is really playing up, is there less impact on a treadmill or will it still mess with knee?? i have to do w1 d2 today, and im dreading it because my knee is hurting so bad but i really want to do it :cry:

Bad knee friends : might be worth seeing a physio before you carry on? I know how frustrating and painful it is, but might be worth a check up before you make them worse? X

2 days in a row now ive woke up with a really sore knee, but once i get going and moving it it seems to ease of?! im going to attempt d2 today but going to leave it until later and see what happens, toying with the idea of getting a treadmill but ive read so many conflicting stories, some say its easier on the knees others say it makes it worse :confused:
you are doing so well woodland girl!!! :D

Hi everyone.
I hope you don't mind me joining. I'm on W4D3 but I must admit I usually run on the treadmill. It's just more convenient for me as I work shifts. I know it's not ideal but hopefully I'll be able to go out for a run as I'm on hols next week.
Well done everyine!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Welcome Magda!

My knees were moaning too much for a run today, so I went for a bike ride instead! 3 fast miles and I was at the sea- lovely!

Treadmills are easier on the joints but obv if there is an existing problem they will only make it worse. Have you got the right shoes for your gait, Wednesday? I had chronic knee problems the last time I tried a running programme a couple of years ago and changed my shoes - so far so good fingers crossed! It's my achilles that's grumbling now... Make sure your shoes are not too old/worn as well. The Runners World website is a mine of info on injuries, shoes and gait (way that you run). I hope it sorts itself out - I know from experience there's nothing worse than being all motivated and raring to go and having a stupid injury holding you back!

I'm off to find the cheapest 30 Day Shred DVD - you've persuaded me!

30 Day Shred is wicked! I'm on level 2 now. It's tough but you get results!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Back