C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Lol! 10mph - I wish!! Btw Woodland Girl, if you're still looking for ethical trainers and are a neutral or underpronating runner, Brooks Women's Glycerin 7's (eg. last years model) are going for an amazing £34.99 on M&M Direct. They are normally a top range shoe costing at least £80-£90. Apparently the stuff they use in the heels for cushioning, BioMoGo(!) will break down in landfill in 20 years rather than a million... xx

Oh, thanks bytheway! Doh, I have some now! I will look at those next time though, as I hope to run these ones into the ground!

Im surprised you havent already! Just got back from another re-start of week 2. STarting at 2 rather 1 makes me feel like ive still got a tiny bit of progress saved up! one day i WILL get to week three lol.

Felt like my legs were made of concrete towards the end, but i got a second burst of energy and managed the full workout!

Well done Jayne!
I did week 7 day 2 - another 2 miles, in 25 mins! Not very fast! lol
Week 7 is killing me though, I find the last 10 mins pretty difficult...

Im so impressed!!! and jealous! really cant imagine getting that far right now!

what is week 7? im almost too scared to check lol

oh and i think you can still map out a route even if you arent running on roads, might be easier if you use the satelite image rather than a map. I've done it before when I've run through a country park.

Did you buy nike+ shoes? when i get to 5k im going to buy the little gadgets that go with my shoes so i can see how far and how fast im going, im just using an app on my phone at the moment and im sure the speed isnt accurate!

Don't worry Jayne I think it is just me! Week 7 is 3 days of running 25 mins. It seems ages and ages ! Lol. I can do it bit it wipes me out for the rest of the day! I am not invigorated I can't move! Ha ha. Guess it will get easier and if I get a loss this week I will be delighted and forgive week 7 for its torture!
Just plain old shoes for me, no fancy gadgets :)

Yes I'm back!! Just done week 3 day 2. Luckily I found it quite easy, I was a little worried the break between the last run would have set me back, but it doesn't seem to have done. I am planning to run again 2moro :)

Following Shazzabir in more ways than one....

Just done Week 3 Day 1. I found it quite tough but I think I find my treadmill workouts tougher than my outdoor runs cos' I set it to go at quite a fast speed. Will see how I get on outside on Sunday (I've decided to do an extra run each week - eg. 2 treadmill and 2 outside - just to get an extra workout in and keep taking the progressions slowly). xx

I'm the same, I run really slowly outside, but I'm still 'running' for 25 mins now so I'm really chuffed! I follow C25k outside and run on the treadmill once or twice a week, shifts depending! I vary the speeds on the t/m and do interval sprints at like 9kmph and run the rest between 7.3 and 7.8 :)

I just got in from week two day two, struggled in the middle a bit but even ran for an extra 3 minutes at the end because I felt like I had enough energy left.

The improvements do happen quickly and I'm quite pleased that some tw*t that laughed at me as he drove past didnt put me off, few months ago and a stranger laughing at me would have had such an impact on me and probably made me cry but tonight it made me laugh! There are some real idiots out there, too many to be worrying about one that feels like it is necessary to try and make me feel bad about myself!

apologies for the rant!!

well done everyone else thats in week three! you are all encouraging me to get on with it! x

I'm really cross with myself! I was meant to do wk4 day3 tonight after work, but instead I came in at 7.30, had a shower and then just crashed on my bed! Have only now surfaced to get work stuff sorted

Did W3D2 YESTERDAY (must start getting to bed earlier!) and it was good - true to my name, outside in the sunshine. I accidentally wandered onto a field (as I do) and my achilles started playing up (instant ice when I got home seems to have done the trick) but I really loved the run itself!

Oh, and Jayne -
Bloody fantastic - well done, woman! You go girl, and don't let the idiots get you down. You have more character in your little finger than that t**t has in his whole body!

xx

hi everyone
i hope you dont mind me popping in here, im starting the c25k today (bit nervous) i was just wondering is it better to run on the road, or on grass?? thats probably a really stupid question lol its just that i take my dogs out everyday for an hour or so through fields so i thought i could fit my c25k in with that?
cathy

Welcome cathy! You could run on either, just be careful on the grass for hidden holes and dips where you could twist your ankle. Good luck, let us know how you get on! I nearly died first day so if you find it hard don't worry, that's normal!!
X

Welcome cathy! You could run on either, just be careful on the grass for hidden holes and dips where you could twist your ankle. Good luck, let us know how you get on! I nearly died first day so if you find it hard don't worry, that's normal!!
X
thanks woodland girl....
well i managed to get through d1 without falling down a rabbit hole and breaking my ankle :eek: it was hard but im glad i got it done!!

Yeah! Well done, no stopping you now!

I have just realised that as hard as I found the 25 min runs, I can now carry on with my day as normal afterwards ( not feeling dead!) so I guess that is a good thing!

Back