C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

thanks everyone found the app to download and visited the website

Just completed Wk5 Day 1. Was a lot easier than I thought it would be, I guess the running on the treadmill is paying off!
I needed to walk my two spaniels so as it was late, I decided to take them with me!! Ha ha! Never again-they've been with their 'daddy' for the last 3 weeks and appear to have come back to me having lost the ability to walk on the lead like normal dogs!!!
haha ive got 2 dogs like that! 1 is a collie the other is a staff, i often wind up in places i dont want to be!

Morning all. Did Wk2d3 last night. Can't wait to get started on Wk3 now!

Can I ask what headphones all you guys are using as I'm having real trouble with mine as they don't stay in. Has anyone got special sports/running ones & can recommend some good ones?

Sure I'd run much better if I wasn't spending half the time worrying about trying to keep them from falling out! lol x

That made me laugh Jools! I threw such a temper tantrum with my headphones and now run without. Thankfully it is quiet where I run, no cars, so I can hear my iPod pretty well.
Be interested to know the answer to this!

Woodland girl said:
That made me laugh Jools! I threw such a temper tantrum with my headphones and now run without. Thankfully it is quiet where I run, no cars, so I can hear my iPod pretty well.

I bought some sport ones from Argos-I think they are Phillips. They were 15.99 two weeks ago, they are bugs that go in ur ear with adjustable over the ear hooks-if that makes sense! Will try to find the catalogue code and add it on
Cant find the catalogue code but they are called Philips iPod adjustable earphones or something-they come in different colours too :)

Last edited:
Can I ask what headphones all you guys are using as I'm having real trouble with mine as they don't stay in. Has anyone got special sports/running ones & can recommend some good ones?

Sure I'd run much better if I wasn't spending half the time worrying about trying to keep them from falling out! lol x

I had exactly the same trouble and got these - Sennheiser PMX70 - Sportline Stereo Neckband Headphones -which you can get for £12.99 at Amazon. They ain't falling out! They take a little getting used to and bug me as soon as I stop running, but while I'm running I don't notice them at all, which is as it should be.

xx

Treadmill. First run of the dreaded Week 4 plus first run on new, carefully chosen shoes! Shoes felt wonderful - I wonder how they'll be outside tomorrow? Tough run - I really felt those 5 minute ones but enjoyed it a lot - can't imagine ever being ready for Week 5 though! Started at 9.5kph but then had to go down to 9.2. That was fine and I could have done more than the last 30 seconds at 10!

Have also started 30 Day Shred - Day 2 today. Loving it so far. The best thing about it is that it's over so quick (20 minutes in total!) you can really give it everything you've got.

Well done sunshine ! You run twice as fast as me!! Puts me to shame! Lol

Only on the treadmill - I slow down more outside - although I do think trying to go as fast as I can on the treadmill is speeding me up generally, I have a theory that the faster I can (reasonably comfortably!) go the less likely I am to get injured. Now I just need to get my endurance up to your level, WG!

Today's (in fact, yesterday as usual cos I post so late!) run was outdoors - W4R2 - the start of a run is always so hard but gradually it got better. The new shoes feel different - no achilles problem at all anymore but it's strange feeling everything through my forefoot (feet?). Did fine and ran over 5 mins at the end cos that last 5 min cooldown walk is so boring!

Day 3 of 30 Day Shred - I think this is responsible for me losing another pound btw - was a killer but feeling gooood....

xx

Glad I amused you! x ;)

I bought some sport ones from Argos-I think they are Phillips. They were 15.99 two weeks ago, they are bugs that go in ur ear with adjustable over the ear hooks-if that makes sense! Will try to find the catalogue code and add it on
Cant find the catalogue code but they are called Philips iPod adjustable earphones or something-they come in different colours too :)

Thanks. x :)

I had exactly the same trouble and got these - Sennheiser PMX70 - Sportline Stereo Neckband Headphones -which you can get for £12.99 at Amazon. They ain't falling out! They take a little getting used to and bug me as soon as I stop running, but while I'm running I don't notice them at all, which is as it should be.

xx

Thanks. x :)

Welcome Sparkles and other new comers!
I have just finished week 8 - or should I say week 8 finished me? My knees have declared war and I am having a week off to rest them - well, I shall do cycling instead, I am determined to complete week 9!
Have a good one!

Hope your knees feel better soon Woodland girl. U must only have a couple of runs left?
I am still waiting to start week 4, but I am in centreparcs next week, so will have plenty of time to do some running and my O/H will be there to look after our daughter, so no excuses for me!!

Wk3D1 done tonight. Not as bad as I expected! My new headphones made all the difference!! lol

Hope your knee gets better soon Woodland Girl.

Enjoy Centreparcs Shazzabir. x :)

hope your knees are feeling better woodland girl! i got my treadmill and started again on sunday so its w1 d2 for me today, im going to do most of it on the treadmill, well the first few weeks then tackle the great outdoors again and see how my knee holds up! hope your last few runs are good ones good luck!! x

W4D3. Treadmill today. Went to new gym and unless their treadmills run differently - I was AWESOME! Started at 9.5kph for the first 2 runs and did 10kph for the last two - finishing at 10.5 for the last 30 seconds. It felt amazing - I didn't have any significant pain or lung distractions, just about kept my breathing in check, had time to concentrate on my form a bit, and just running, running, running. The last 5 minute run felt like it was over too soon - if I keep going like this - bring on Week 5!

And that darned 30 Day Shred Level 1 Day 5....

xx

Wow sunshine, you have obviously found your niche! Great going!

I am still cycling and loving it. I bike out to the beach :) take no money though as there is an ice cream van there! I will buy one maybe next week as a treat!

Well done Sunshine, that's brilliant. x :)

Well done sunshine hope I ferl like that on week 4. Last night completed w2d1 (repeating wk2). I'm also doing Zumba twice a week and body conditioning once. That's 6 lots of exercise per week with c25k. Feels good but getting a bit annoyed that along with Sw I'm only losing 1/2 lb a week grrr

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back