C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Good luck Sparkles! :D

Wk3d2 done tonight. Not one of my better efforts. Might have been a bit too warm still when I went out. Also had a few things on my mind so probably wasn't concentrating properly.

Will see how day 3 goes on Friday & can always repeat the week I guess. x

Outdoors - last run on week 4 (I do 4 runs for each week). Really did not feel like going out but did well once I got going. Very stiff and sore afterwards though - pain in both calves and am starting to get heel pain in left foot. Still aching now as I type 3 hours later. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn into something baaad.....

You are doing really well Sunshine! Sounds like a couple of days off are in order. I read on a running training thread that the days off are just as important ! The muscles need time to regrow and heal up etc
Well done so far!

Have a good rest Sunshine. Hope the pain eases soon.

I've been out this morning & done Wk3D3. Went really well so can't wait to get started on wk4 although I've got a little pain too down my left leg. Still trying to sort out my running technique though so sure it'll be fine.

Have a good Easter weekend all. x :)

Can I ask how you ladies who are doing both C25K & 30 day shred are feeling? I've just started the shred and feel tight in my calves and back and was wondering if starting running again would help loosen me up a bit!!

I used to run until a few years ago, but gave up due to ill health. I'm really well now, and keen to lose another stone and get fit in the process.

I have to admit to having the C25K app on my phone for quite a while, but have never used it!! :eek:

I have read all of this thread today and feel inspired by you all to give it a go. I want to really up my level of fitness and blast off the last of my weight!! xx

Hi all, I will be back on the c5k tomorrow.

I was ill, then got caught up in loads of overtime at work and then was mugged for my iphone so lost my c25k app but all is back on course now. Iphone has been replaced and the sync with my MAC has picked up the c25k app with all the old data and so I can carry on where I left off.

I have had 3 PT sessions at the gym this week so am raring to go again.

I tried wk1d1 at the gym on wednesday night. I didn't come anywhere near half way, completed the 3rd jogging section and then the walk bit after but just couldn't go anymore. Next time I will try for 4 jogging sections complete.

Mr Gilbo said:
I tried wk1d1 at the gym on wednesday night. I didn't come anywhere near half way, completed the 3rd jogging section and then the walk bit after but just couldn't go anymore. Next time I will try for 4 jogging sections complete.

I was like that the first time, go even slower than you did! I walk on the treadmill at 5.5km/hr and started running at 6.2km/hr! Literally just really slow jogging to build up your stamina, and speed will come with time :) HTH

I think most of us were like that in week 1. I certainly was.

Just keep doing a bit more each time and it builds.

Hi Gilbo
I'm just under 17 stone and at present I'm doing 3 1hr Zumba classes plus I'm on W2 D2 of c25k. (repeating some of c25k as I was running 9.5mph which was too fast and I couldn't get past week 2, really slowed it down and I can now manage the sessions). Once you start it's amazing how your strength and stamina starts to build so what if it takes longer than the program suggests. Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

downsizingmycurves - sounds like you had a terrible week! Sorry to hear it but glad you got everything sorted in the end.

I've just started W2 for the second time. I did W1 and started W2 and got an injury because I was running on pavement in tennis shoes. Had to lay off for a week then go back to square one, so have done W2D1 and W2D2 is tomorrow morning, in proper running shoes this time ;)
How is everyone else finding it? Anyone else getting any aches and pains?

I really cant see myself getting to running 5 minutes non-stop yet but thats what everyone says isnt it :)

Anyone doing this for the race for life too??

Wildtrapeze
Im doing w2 d3 tomorrow morning. And feel exactly the same can't even begin to imagine how I'll do the three minutes next week let alone 5 :D. Now I've slowed down I don't get a stitch anymore but when I exercise the bottoms of my feet really hurt?! Bizarre.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can I ask how you ladies who are doing both C25K & 30 day shred are feeling? I've just started the shred and feel tight in my calves and back and was wondering if starting running again would help loosen me up a bit!!xx

Hey Hannah - you and me are pretty much the exact same size - I'm also trying soooo hard to get under 12 stone! I'm doing both C25K and 30DS and I gotta say if anything the running is making the calves even tighter! That said, I'm not about to quit as I have a feeling these two programmes are a good combination. Make sure you do top class stretches after every run and also try and flex your feet to stretch your calves out whenever you think of it during the day. Another tip - don't try to do 30DS within anything more than 4 hours of your run - I did one about 2.5 hours later one day and just died....

Today was C25K W5D1. On the treadmill again which seems to be my lucky charm cos I just loved it and my speed is increasing all the time. I will try the same run again outdoors but go easy rather than trying for speed due to my constant injury paranoia! xx

Also 30DS L1D6 done!

:)
Hey Hannah - you and me are pretty much the exact same size - I'm also trying soooo hard to get under 12 stone! I'm doing both C25K and 30DS and I gotta say if anything the running is making the calves even tighter! That said, I'm not about to quit as I have a feeling these two programmes are a good combination. Make sure you do top class stretches after every run and also try and flex your feet to stretch your calves out whenever you think of it during the day. Another tip - don't try to do 30DS within anything more than 4 hours of your run - I did one about 2.5 hours later one day and just died....

Today was C25K W5D1. On the treadmill again which seems to be my lucky charm cos I just loved it and my speed is increasing all the time. I will try the same run again outdoors but go easy rather than trying for speed due to my constant injury paranoia! xx

Also 30DS L1D6 done!

Wow! Weightloss doubles!!

Thanks for the advice about doing both - on a work day spacing 4 hours apart would be impossible, without working out into the night!!

I think I will stay with the Shred for now and perhaps just do some low level cardio in the gym, and walk my dog.

You are doing brilliantly - well done!! :) xx

Back