C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Have just done W2D2 and only took 1 minute breaks between runs instead of 2 minutes. Must be getting better!

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

Hi all,
I downloaded C25K to my Touch a while ago but haven't started it yet.

What did you wear on your feet when you started? I only have a cheap pair of trainers at the moment do I need a proper pair of running shoes?

Thanks
Cat x

Sleepy59 said:
Hi all,
I downloaded C25K to my Touch a while ago but haven't started it yet.

What did you wear on your feet when you started? I only have a cheap pair of trainers at the moment do I need a proper pair of running shoes?

Thanks
Cat x

I got a pair of running trainers out of sports direct for £30 :)

I was ready to start week 4, but haven't been out for 2weeks, so thinking I should do another week 3?
I am getting concerned that I won't finish this in time for race for life on 3rd July. My problem is I have a 2yr old and cannot always get someone to look after her while I go running. My hubbie works as a driver, so doesn't come home until very late in the evening. So weekends are the only time I can go out.
I think everyone doing 30 day shred and this are doing a fab job. I struggled to doing any other exercise whilst shredding!

Yeah I got a pair of Nike Darts from sports direct for about £30 too. I was running in dunlop tennis shoes at first and along with not wearing suitable trainers and running on pavement I did myself an injury in just the first week.

Shazabir - are u able to run with her in a buggy? Or even powerwalk?

I hadn't thought of that. My daughter would love it!

that sounds great. I did W1D1 but been ill for days since so doing it again today. Im lucky where i live..got to the sea and then came home. Kind of a good incentive ith it...the sea is the half way point.

downsizingmycurves - sounds like you had a terrible week! Sorry to hear it but glad you got everything sorted in the end.

I've just started W2 for the second time. I did W1 and started W2 and got an injury because I was running on pavement in tennis shoes. Had to lay off for a week then go back to square one, so have done W2D1 and W2D2 is tomorrow morning, in proper running shoes this time ;)
How is everyone else finding it? Anyone else getting any aches and pains?

I really cant see myself getting to running 5 minutes non-stop yet but thats what everyone says isnt it :)

Anyone doing this for the race for life too??

Thanks, it was a terrible few weeks as far as progress on c25k goes.

I tried week 3/day 3 today but found the 3 min run too hard after leaving it 4 weeks since doing week 3/day2. Also, I was out on the pavement and not on the gym treadmill.

I had brought a new pair of New Balance running shoes over the weekend and they felt very comfortable. New Balance are the best for wider feet I think.

I think I may have to do all of week 3 again.

On the plus side, I have bought 30 day shred off ebay today after all the good reports so hopefully that will arrive this week and I can do that too.

Last edited:
Outdoors again. Went without ipod - ok run - tried to keep it easy and wasn't inclined to cane it. Nice 7 min run at the end to get me ready for the 8 min segments in next run! Left knee has started hurting which is a worry. May try to finish week 5 and then take a week off to rest from running generally.

Didn't shred tonight though - that's two nights in a row I've missed :ashamed0005: - need to get back with the programme now that Easter's over and I've nearly finished all my chocolate! xx

I've had a few days off too, with Easter and also working nights! Have struggled more than normal with sleeping during the day-cos the weather has been so nice, and towns been really noisy cos of the tourists!! My shred DVD arrived on Thursday so when I move back to the house on Saturday I will crack on with that-can't really do it at mum and dads cos don't have anywhere to do it :(

W1D1 completed after work on the treadmill. :)

Did my shred this morning at 6am!! Hope I can get out of bed that early to do it again tomorrow. Plan my next run Friday as it's a bank holiday so I will be able to rest between my run & my shred.

You have all inspired me to do this, hope I can cope with both!! xx

Bloody bell Hannah! Up at 6 to shred, that's motivation!
I just finished week 2, gonna have 2 days off then go into week 3. I ran on pavement this evening, for the first time since I got an injury. Left leg was a little achey but seems to have gone but I've got shooting pains almost consistently in me inside left thigh every few seconds. Doing my head in!

W5R3 - although really its R2 as I'm doing each one twice to acclimatise. This was two 8 min runs. Treadmill. Ran despite niggly knee and didn't feel it at all. But the heel pain is back. All my 'injuries' are on my left leg - my right has not had a thing wrong the whole time..... The run itself rocked - 10 kph on grad 1.0 for 1st 5 mins then up to 10.5 for last 3 of that bit. Then instead of running another 8 mins I ran about 10, all at 10.2kph.

Sadly my shred did not happen again today :eek: - must take a leaf out of Hannah's book.....

:4633:

I did week 4 yesterday and despite my concerns of having too long of a break between runs, I managed it with no probs. First time I have done it on a treadmill. Going to do another run today. :)

Welcome Hannah and well done everyone! I have had ten days off to rest sore knee and due to do week 9 day 1 today - 30 mins. No idea if I can do it. I have been cycling but .... I will try! I doubt my knee will let me carry on with the long runs but I would love to complete the course having got this far!! I will let you know ;-)

Good luck Woodland Girl, hope it goes ok :)

W5R3 - although really its R2 as I'm doing each one twice to acclimatise. This was two 8 min runs. Treadmill. Ran despite niggly knee and didn't feel it at all. But the heel pain is back. All my 'injuries' are on my left leg - my right has not had a thing wrong the whole time..... The run itself rocked - 10 kph on grad 1.0 for 1st 5 mins then up to 10.5 for last 3 of that bit. Then instead of running another 8 mins I ran about 10, all at 10.2kph.

Sadly my shred did not happen again today :eek: - must take a leaf out of Hannah's book.....

:4633:

Those speeds are impressive. Well done.

I am hoping to get home from work early enough to try and do a week 3 day again as I couldn't manage it the other day. I may even go back and repeat week 2.

Back