C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Sleepy59 said:
I've got the C25K app that is a green circle with a running man in it. I think it is really good. You set up your own playlist so there is music that you like and it has a built in gps so that when you finish you can see where you have been. It also has a journal section so you can record how you thought the run went and anything else you want to record.

Ive got the same one, and it's brilliant. Have also just bought the next one for when I finish-it's another 6 weeks to bridge to 10k :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well I appear to have been an idiot!

Last run of Week 5 - SUPPOSED to be 20 minutes straight. But I was feeling so good that I decided to just keep going and did 30 minutes at 10 minute mile pace! :bliss: Lots of the usual little aches and niggles through the run but I was being AWESOME so this was not a problem! Or at least until I stopped and realised that I had done something rather serious to my right calf. Eg. a Grade 2 torn calf muscle.

BUGGER!!!

So I'm off games for an undetermined period. :giveup: When I restart I will start at the beginning of Week 5 again and see how I go.

So ladies, learn from my mistakes (cos I probably won't!) and DON'T overdo it!

xx

Still think that run was worth it, though......!

Sunshine runner said:
Well I appear to have been an idiot!

Last run of Week 5 - SUPPOSED to be 20 minutes straight. But I was feeling so good that I decided to just keep going and did 30 minutes at 10 minute mile pace! :bliss: Lots of the usual little aches and niggles through the run but I was being AWESOME so this was not a problem! Or at least until I stopped and realised that I had done something rather serious to my right calf. Eg. a Grade 2 torn calf muscle.

BUGGER!!!

So I'm off games for an undetermined period. :giveup: When I restart I will start at the beginning of Week 5 again and see how I go.

So ladies, learn from my mistakes (cos I probably won't!) and DON'T overdo it!

xx

Still think that run was worth it, though......!

Oh no! Bet your really gutted. Hope you make a quick recovery.
However that is also really impressive. That's a fantastic achievement!!!! :)
I will certainly take more care now.

Poor you Sunshine, :( hope you make a speedy recovery!! :)

Thanks for the info about the plasters Sleepy, the infection sounds nasty - pleased its cleared up for now!! :)

xx

That's awful Sunshine. Hope you make a swift recovery. x

Hi everyone
I completed w3 d3 on Wednesday do tomorrow it's on to w4. On d3 found the 1.5 min run easy but still struggled at end of 3 min. Can anyone give me any inspiration as to how I'm going to manage the step up to 3 mins and 5mins!?!?!

Hi everyone
I completed w3 d3 on Wednesday do tomorrow it's on to w4. On d3 found the 1.5 min run easy but still struggled at end of 3 min. Can anyone give me any inspiration as to how I'm going to manage the step up to 3 mins and 5mins!?!?!

If you can - slow down! Just make it as "easy" a run as possible - often I am quite surprised when I reach the end of some dreaded target time...

xx

Hi everyone

I'll be doing Wk4 on Monday (after 2 wks or no running! :rolleyes:) so I'm worrying about it too.

Good luck. x :)

I too am struggling to get my head around going from week 3 to 4... well good luck.. ill be doing mine on Monday...

I did W1 D2 today and it was easier than I expected as I haven't run since Monday. I got to the end of the run and I thought that I could run a bit further.

Hi kes
Good Luck for Monday. Well today I managed 3 mins, 5 mins, 3 mins and 2 mins. Didn't think I was going to do the 5 but surprised myself. Couldn't quite manage the last 5 but still pleased overall it's an increase from 9 minutes to 13 whilst carrying over 16 stone.

Fantastic progress Mr Gilbo!!

Repeated W3D3 today - not run since Monday - had cold.

Stepping up to start W4 on Tuesday. :)

Sorry to hear that Hannata! Might be worth getting your knees checked? In some ways it doesn't matter, you are still running, heart still pumping and fat still burning !!!

Less of me said:
Hi kes
Good Luck for Monday. Well today I managed 3 mins, 5 mins, 3 mins and 2 mins. Didn't think I was going to do the 5 but surprised myself. Couldn't quite manage the last 5 but still pleased overall it's an increase from 9 minutes to 13 whilst carrying over 16 stone.

Thanks... and well done... I doubt that I would have been able to when I was 16 stone!
But I managed to do them all... slowed right down and made more of an effort to think about ny breathing rather than how far I have gone .. so I'm chuffed with that!

Sorry to hear that Hannata! Might be worth getting your knees checked? In some ways it doesn't matter, you are still running, heart still pumping and fat still burning !!!

I'm just doing what I can, happy enough to stick to week 1 as long as it takes. And yeah its still exercise... bloody good exercise. Even at the week 1, I can get 200 cals burned in about 20 minutes!

I've got arthritis, although it's not diagnosed in my knees, its heading that way and my weight is certainly a huge factor.

I also fell on an escalator, cracked my left kneecap off the sharp pointy edge of the step, and tore down my right leg... which has caused a lot of weakness in my left knee.

My doctor basically told me that I was too heavy and to go away...

Oh my goodness , that sounds horrid and so does your doctor!
Very well done for working on your fitness, and be careful with it!!
Yes, the more sessions I am out running / speed walking or whatever the thinner I get. Lovely x

Back