C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Hiya everyone :D

Im doing W2 D1 today :D
I've never done anything like this before!!!
I really enjoyed W1 and didn't seem to struggle, running makes me feel free if that makes sense :)
I'm doing it on my treadmill for now but in a few weeks I'll hopefully feel confident enough to hit the pavement :D xx

Miss-G said:
Hiya everyone :D

Im doing W2 D1 today :D
I've never done anything like this before!!!
I really enjoyed W1 and didn't seem to struggle, running makes me feel free if that makes sense :)
I'm doing it on my treadmill for now but in a few weeks I'll hopefully feel confident enough to hit the pavement :D xx

Well done :) it's great isn't it. One tip that an experienced runner gave me about running on the treadmill tho, in order to get ready for running outside-always have it on a bit of an incline-otherwise it is too flat! I very rarely run on the treadmill anymore, but if I do its always on atleast the minimum incline and it makes a heck of a difference :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

boggins said:
Hmmm...I've just very roughly worked out my speed. I am doing under 5mph, somewhere between 4.6 and 4.8mph. I'll use a pedometer next time to make it more accurate.

Admittedly that's on the first day of doing a 5 minute jog, so perhaps I was slower than I normally would be, but still, that's pretty slow.

Conflicted now as to whether to start over and do it faster, or plod on at a slower speed. Any thoughts?

I've found I've been jogging at about 4.8mph (ish) but I figure that i'd rather get the length I'm running for, up, before I increase my speed. (if I can! Lol!) up to 10 minutes now. Who'da thunk it.!

Just done week 2 run 1 :D it was tough but I managed it :)
I might venture out into the real world for Thursday's run!!!! :) xx

Welshtigger said:
Definately do-able. I have physically completed a 10k, altho I did it very slowly-in about 85mins. So you can defo do it. There is a B210k app which is a 6 week bridge from finishing the C25k app to fojng 10k. Good luck :)

Thanks for your vote of confidence! I'm doing 12.5min miles at the moment, but I guess I'm aiming for 10min miles, so a 10k time of about 1hr....wishful thinking! But I will cross that bridge and see how 'fast' I am when I get to the final week of c25k. Thanks on the bridge to 10k, I'll definitely be getting that.

Hope you have a good 'first' run today :)

Welshtigger said:
Have just got back from starting all over again!
Week 1 D 1 completed a lot faster :) actually really enjoyed it x

Ah I see you got back out there yesterday, well done on the faster pace, hope I can get quicker :)

Welshtigger said:
Have just got back from starting all over again!
Week 1 D 1 completed a lot faster :) actually really enjoyed it x

I did W1D1 again tonight-but a bit slower-as my boyfriend wants to start running with me too. He's never run before-well he used to play football years ago-but not really done anything for 12 years-and has subsequently put on about 7/8 stone in the process!
Am planning on repeating each day a bit slower with him for a few weeks, and see how it goes.
Looking forward to doing my fast w1d2 tomorrow, then having a day off on Thursday x

Just about to try week 5 run 2, my nose is very blocked though so I don't fancy my chances much as I'm struggling to breath already!! :)

OMG excuse the 16yr old girl text speak but crikey. Week 5 day 2 done, which was 2 x 8 min runs. I think I nearly died on the second run! My pace was slower than day 1, but only by a few seconds, probably because it was 2 longer runs.

All I know is it's not getting any easier!! But then if it was getting easier it wouldn't be working properly! Just don't know how I'm going to do 20 min straight....I need to do some research & find a good flat spot to do it around!!

OMG excuse the 16yr old girl text speak but crikey. Week 5 day 2 done, which was 2 x 8 min runs. I think I nearly died on the second run! My pace was slower than day 1, but only by a few seconds, probably because it was 2 longer runs.

All I know is it's not getting any easier!! But then if it was getting easier it wouldn't be working properly! Just don't know how I'm going to do 20 min straight....I need to do some research & find a good flat spot to do it around!!

Well done slimjim79 for getting it done!

Did Wk3 Day 1 yesterday....went to the local park for a "flatter" surface......it worked a bit, although I forgot about one section that has a reasonable incline.
Probably going to do Wk 3 again as hubby is working loads this week, so probably won't get the full 3 work out's in.

Just got home from doing w1 d2 on my own! Ran along the cycle track, which at the moment is covered in sand so like the beach!!! Pouring with rain, wind blowing a hoolie but I did it nice and quickly(for me) so am chuffed to bits x

Just failed Week 4 Day 2. Not surprised; I had a bad day and then went too fast on the first 5 minute run, because these two very fit ladies were running past me and looking at me, and I was embarrassed.

I knew I wasn't going to manage the final 5 minute run, so I didn't try it. No problem, I'll do it on Friday.

Not sure where my steely resolve has sprung from, but I like it!

boggins said:
Just failed Week 4 Day 2. Not surprised; I had a bad day and then went too fast on the first 5 minute run, because these two very fit ladies were running past me and looking at me, and I was embarrassed.

I knew I wasn't going to manage the final 5 minute run, so I didn't try it. No problem, I'll do it on Friday.

Not sure where my steely resolve has sprung from, but I like it!

Hi boggins I feel your pain. I usually 'run' on the local common & on a Wednesday morning there is a bootcamp exercise class. Ever since I felt like they were looking at me in a 'oh my god how unfit is she' kind of a way I avoid that area completely!! Silly isn't it?

I like your steely resolve too, there's no harm in repeating days/weeks, they told me so on my get running app!! Good luck today :)

Well I managed my day 3 of week 5, which was a 20min non stop run. I am so chuffed! I did a road run as I was trying to find the flattest place!! I did have to stop a couple if times, but only for seconds, to do some traffic dodging! Bring on week 6....I'm beginning to enjoy this :)

Are there different versions of C25K? Only I've just done week 6 day 3 and I've just done my first 15 minute run. I was quite pleased with myself but on my app it's the next day that's my first 20 minute run. I'm confused.

Yes I think there are a few versions around. I'm back to interval runs for day 1&2 of week 6 and then the 3rd is a 25 minuter. As long as they get us there in the end!

Fionat29 said:
Are there different versions of C25K? Only I've just done week 6 day 3 and I've just done my first 15 minute run. I was quite pleased with myself but on my app it's the next day that's my first 20 minute run. I'm confused.

I'm a bit confused by your question? Altho it doesn't take much to confuse me!! Why did you do 15mins today if your app says different? Or have I misunderstood what you wrote? :) x

What I meant was that slimjim79 said they were doing their 20 minute run but was only on week 5 day 3 whereas on my app week 6 day 3 was a 15 minute run ( that's what I did today ) and that it's not until day 1 week 7 that I get to do a 20 minute run.
I hope that makes sense lol!!

Fionat29 said:
What I meant was that slimjim79 said they were doing their 20 minute run but was only on week 5 day 3 whereas on my app week 6 day 3 was a 15 minute run ( that's what I did today ) and that it's not until day 1 week 7 that I get to do a 20 minute run.
I hope that makes sense lol!!

Ah right get it now :) I reckon it doesn't matter how you get there as long as you complete the program :) its a great feeling to complete it, I did it, and have started it all again x

I just can't believe that I ran for 15 whole minutes without stopping! It really is a fantastic program. I'm looking forward to being fit enough to run for twice as long.

Back