C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Fionat29 said:
I just can't believe that I ran for 15 whole minutes without stopping! It really is a fantastic program. I'm looking forward to being fit enough to run for twice as long.

You will! It's like magic x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just got home from Wk2D1, and increased my pace yet again! Am exhausted today tho, working nights this weekend, so just had breakfast and off to try and get some sleep soon x

Oh nights, I hate them, they put me so out of synch & I just eat eat eat! Well done on the pace improvement :)

I have just done week 6 run 1....after Fridays 20 minuter I thought it'd be quite easy but no!!! Still I upped my pace again so that's good :D

slimjim79 said:
Oh nights, I hate them, they put me so out of synch & I just eat eat eat! Well done on the pace improvement :)

I have just done week 6 run 1....after Fridays 20 minuter I thought it'd be quite easy but no!!! Still I upped my pace again so that's good :D

Thanks, last night tonight-really struggling with the whole sleep thing-take now for example-should be sleeping, but managed 2 hours and now cant get back to sleep!!!
Looking forward to doing wk2 day2 tomorrow morning when I finish :) well done on your progress so far x

Hi everyone, I'd like to join this thread please! Been reading your down-to-earth and inspirational progress stories here and I'm encouraged to give it my best shot :)
Did W1D1 today and if you saw someone gasping and spluttering along in a kind of shuffle this morning, chances are that could have been me venturing on my first day on the C25K!
I also did this a long time ago and got to week 4 or 5, but.....
Anyway here goes and well done to you all for your progress so far :)

trimlee said:
Hi everyone, I'd like to join this thread please! Been reading your down-to-earth and inspirational progress stories here and I'm encouraged to give it my best shot :)
Did W1D1 today and if you saw someone gasping and spluttering along in a kind of shuffle this morning, chances are that could have been me venturing on my first day on the C25K!
I also did this a long time ago and got to week 4 or 5, but.....
Anyway here goes and well done to you all for your progress so far :)

Welcome to the madness, and well done for starting-that's the hardest bit done :) z

Welcome Trimlee

I have been lazy, doctor took me off my thyroid medication and i got ill so no exercise but back on the tablets again and feeling so much better so gonna start again tomorrow, will repeat wk2 and see how i get on with that.

Good luck everyone else with their runs (hehe) this week

Does anyone else look at other joggers and wonder if they're doing C25k too? We need a secret sign.

I know one thing: I am by far the largest person out there running. I'm choosing to think this is a GOOD thing- perhaps if I carry on I'll end up looking like them! Good news is that normally nobody takes any notice of me whatsoever. I don't want my earlier post about some woman staring to put anyone off. People are remarkably forgiving of a huge woman wobbling about the place in jogging pants already 2 sizes too big! Bit like if MC Hammer let himself go.

Ha ha boggins you crack me up :) MC Hammer trousers....!!

I think a secret sign would be good too! I actually had a lorry driver beep me the other day & point out that I'd dropped something

....obviously pressed send by accident!! But just commenting to say I agree people are generally nice & I think it's always good to see other people out there sweating away no matter what there level :)

Thanks everyone for the welcome! I relate to the feeling about other runners or passers-by. Yesterday I was jogging in the opposite direction from another runner and just as I passed by I got the voice prompt to walk again. Well I thought what if the runner looks back and sees that I've stopped and thinks 'how lazy'! I forced myself to jog on for a few seconds more... Splutter, who am I trying to impress, lol :D

Great to see everyone still doing so well. I havent got out running for a couple of weeks due to one thing or another but finally got out this evening to do week 9 day 1. I wondered if I would manage it after a wee break but surprised myself by doing it comfortably...maybe a wee rest was good after all!! :rolleyes:

I did it!! 20 minutes running straight off with no cheating! Woop woop!
And I agree, we need a secret sign because I quite often wonder if the other runners who're speeding by, were once as slow as me?? Lol!

Well done Sweet Pink & Fiona. I look forward to building up to running that well :)

Did W1 D2 today and completed it (even if out of breath!)

Well done trimlee...you're doing the hardest part....once you get going it seems more achievable!

I completed week 6 run 2 this morning, but stupid me forgot to press start on map my run so I don't know if I improved or not, ah well :)

Wow, everyone's doing so well! Congrats all.

Up to 8 minutes tomorrow- I'm sure I'll be ok (weird to think I was stressing over 3 minutes the week before last!). I think I might put in an extra day before doing that sudden 20 minute run that's in the NHS version- it just seems too much of a leap. I plan to do 10 mins - 2 min walk - 10 minutes.

Then, on Monday it'll be the dreaded 20 minutes! Can't put it off forever!

Back