C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Week 3 day 2 completed. Wow it was a toughie!!! Really wondering how/when I can make the step up. Sticking with it though. Well done to all xx

I remember thinking the same but just trust in the plan & you will be able to do it. I nevr in a million years thought that I would be able to run 5k without stopping never mind enjoy doing it. If I can do it anyone can :D

Haven't run since saturday and should have done wk2 day2 but Nick(my bf) wanted to go for a jog and he's still at end of wk 1, so I did wk1d3 again with him and repeated a few extra walk/run cycles :) he's really enjoying it and lost 5lbs in the first week! I'm going to go iut in the morning and do wk2 d2 by myself and ot food planned for tomorrow too so hopefully the weight will start shifting again this week :)
Well done all of us-we rock x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow, fab Fiona; I so look forward to being able to do 20 mins without stopping. Well done!

Wk 1 Day 3. Now starting to jog as opposed to dragging myself along, lol! Looking forward to week 2.
Well done everyone :)

Been watching this thread for a while and thought I'd join you all!!

I have just completed W1D3 today and so proud of myself! I really hope I can keep at it , good luck everyone!! Xx

Hi - forgot to log completion of week 6, day 3 VERY tough....all runs next week are 25min. But, my neck locked up this morning & I can hardly turn my head, I'm seeing my osteo tomorrow, but I think the running will have to go on hold, at least next week....absolutely gutted. It's things like this that make me fall off the wagon both with exercise & diet....I will be strong & I will have willpower!!!

Hi all I thought I'd join in if that's ok!

I started C25K last week and could only manage 3x 30 second runs!
Day2 I managed 3x 1 minute runs
Day 3 I did 5.5x1 minute runs

So I've decided to repeat week one for a while and
Thursday C25K Wk1.1 Complete! I was grinning like a cheshire cat!
Today C25K Wk1.2 Complete!

All that weighing 260lb! I can't believe the improvement!

What I have noticed is that my legs would prefer me to run faster, but my lungs want to pop!

Hi welshtigger,

I'm doing ok, I have done a bit of running in the past with my mum but gave up after a few weeks. The first night I went round my local forest and it wad really tough because of the hills! The second day I went with a mate around the streets by me and third day I did it all on my own round the streets which I have never had confidence to do! I'm so worried about people I know seeing me! Hopefully as the weeks go on I'll get a bit more confidence and not care so much!!

Will check out your diary for inspiration! And I'll keep you informed about my progress, I can't wait to be able to run properly xx

Slimjim I do hope your neck gets sorted quickly. It's really frustrating when things like that get in the way of running.

Shirleen, sounds like you are doing well. The lungs and legs soon start working together. I dont run very quickly now even though I now run 3 times a week It does get addictive and the sense of achievement is amazing.

Oh slimjim I'm so sorry!

I saw my GP about a similar issue and he told me you must keep moving it. Last thing I wanted to do, of course. He said move it every way, so circles, head-on-either-side, look left and right, and nodding. He also prescribed diclofenac (sp?) which didn't agree with me. I suspect any NSAID will work- ibuprofen should help.

Hope you feel better soon. And good luck to all new C25kers! You can do it!

Wow, this is all new to me, I just found C25k online. I can't download the NHS podcasts because I'm on a phone (no flash), so I just downloaded a smartphone app. Not sure if they are different. Today will be W1-D1. I'm going to go for it just after 2pm today, when my housemate goes to work, because he'll probably mock :p

Tazzy said:
Wow, this is all new to me, I just found C25k online. I can't download the NHS podcasts because I'm on a phone (no flash), so I just downloaded a smartphone app. Not sure if they are different. Today will be W1-D1. I'm going to go for it just after 2pm today, when my housemate goes to work, because he'll probably mock :p

Good luck!! I use the phone app for it and it's really good, I have done week one and hoping to get out and start week 2 today.

I use a C25K app too, it's free & you can use your own playlist with it - brilliant! You can also track your run on a map, costs 0.69p to download.
Did week 2 day 1 today and struggled a little but still enjoyed it!

I've had to skip the planned wk1.3 today as my hips and knees are really sore, will be doing it on Wednesday after work instead!

Does anyone else have problems with their hip?? I seem to get a kind of grating soreness in my left hip since I started running for more than 20 minutes. It's kind of putting me off which is a shame because I was enjoying being able to run for that long and not die! Lol!!

Back