C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

It's been a while but I went back to it today & jumped a week! So I completed run 1 of week 9, a 30 min run, so excited! Legs were very jelly like afterwards! Hope everyone is progressing well :)

I have been putting off starting this for weeks but today is the day.
Before I got pregnant I was running 12k twice a week albeit slowly. I really want to get back into running again.

I will report back later.

Managed to do W1D1 yesterday and it wasn't too bad although I can feel how unfit I am which makes me weep a bit!

Baby went nuts when I left her with daddy though so I will be using the jogging pram in future!

Managed to do W1D1 yesterday and it wasn't too bad although I can feel how unfit I am which makes me weep a bit!

Baby went nuts when I left her with daddy though so I will be using the jogging pram in future!

Baby needs to cope, and so does daddy! It's only half an hour to yourself after all! Well done on getting started xxx

Started C25K on Tuesday, having successfully avoided running for at least 30 years. I knew it would be difficult and wasn't surprised that I only managed to complete the first ' run' cycle; for the others I ran for as long as my aching knees would let me and then walked. The proportion of walking to running steadily increased as the session continued. I resigned myself to several weeks on WK1D1 :-(

Then I had a chat with my friend who is super-fit and runs regularly.......her advice? Slow down!

So I did and today, on just the second attempt I very nearly (I twisted my ankle unfortunately which spoiled things in the middle) completed ALL of the 60 second runs!

:)

Denise140 said:
Started C25K on Tuesday, having successfully avoided running for at least 30 years. I knew it would be difficult and wasn't surprised that I only managed to complete the first ' run' cycle; for the others I ran for as long as my aching knees would let me and then walked. The proportion of walking to running steadily increased as the session continued. I resigned myself to several weeks on WK1D1 :-(

Then I had a chat with my friend who is super-fit and runs regularly.......her advice? Slow down!

So I did and today, on just the second attempt I very nearly (I twisted my ankle unfortunately which spoiled things in the middle) completed ALL of the 60 second runs!

:)

Well done for completing it-that was the best advice your friend could have given you! Far too many people try and do things like this and don't get past the first 60 sec cos they go too fast! When I first did the program, I was jogging so slowly, that I could actually have walked faster, but I completed it all-I even completed a 10.4k route at snail pace :) which was a mahoosive achievement. Good luck x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Baby needs to cope, and so does daddy! It's only half an hour to yourself after all! Well done on getting started xxx

Good advice :) Baby will be fine!

FINISHED....but not quite up to 5k in the 30 min :( Still new trainers should be arriving tomorrow, proper running ones as opposed to the rubbish ones I use now, so that could help?! Doing 2 more 30min runs this week & then starting B210K next week. Slightly chuffed here ;D

FINISHED....but not quite up to 5k in the 30 min :( Still new trainers should be arriving tomorrow, proper running ones as opposed to the rubbish ones I use now, so that could help?! Doing 2 more 30min runs this week & then starting B210K next week. Slightly chuffed here ;D

Well done you! I've just managed W1D1 properly for the first time having learned not to run too fast! I don't think Paula Radcliffe has much to fear but I'm very pleased with myself. :D

Back