C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Week 8 DONE

Another 28 mins done! :D :D Whilst the second 10 mins was, once again, a bit of a challenge, the fact that I was running later in the day meant that there were lots of people out walking their dog. Those coming the other way passed me without looking as if they were wondering if they should call the paramedics....so it obviously looked more comfortable than it felt.

I'll start Week 9 (oh I sooooo never thought I'd be saying that!) on Tuesday and will get D2 done on Thursday hopefully but then I'll have an extended break from running because I'll be away with my cub-pack at the weekend. If all goes to plan I'll do another couple of Wk9 runs the following week and be a C25K graduate by the end of the month! Yay!

Thereafter I want to do a 30 minute run every other day whilst I'm on TFR, as I think much more than that is to big an ask on such a low calorie intake.

BUT.....I'm already looking at bridging to 10k once I start maintenance.

No stopping me now!

xx

OMG how exciting is that!!! I am soooooo proud of you!!! Your my inspiration for this!!! You've done soooo well!!!

My run was awesome this morning!!! Feel great.... no achey legs!! But becoming quite terrified of week 5!!! I can but try!!!

I should (In theory) graduate by xmas ; ) x

Wow you're both doing fab!

Another 28 mins done! :D :D Whilst the second 10 mins was, once again, a bit of a challenge, the fact that I was running later in the day meant that there were lots of people out walking their dog. Those coming the other way passed me without looking as if they were wondering if they should call the paramedics....so it obviously looked more comfortable than it felt.

I'll start Week 9 (oh I sooooo never thought I'd be saying that!) on Tuesday and will get D2 done on Thursday hopefully but then I'll have an extended break from running because I'll be away with my cub-pack at the weekend. If all goes to plan I'll do another couple of Wk9 runs the following week and be a C25K graduate by the end of the month! Yay!

Thereafter I want to do a 30 minute run every other day whilst I'm on TFR, as I think much more than that is to big an ask on such a low calorie intake.

BUT.....I'm already looking at bridging to 10k once I start maintenance.

No stopping me now!

xx

That's excellent! Are you going to enter any 5k races? Park run's are good ones, if there's any around where you live. They're on every Saturday (I think) and they're free to enter xx

That's excellent! Are you going to enter any 5k races? Park run's are good ones, if there's any around where you live. They're on every Saturday (I think) and they're free to enter xx

Oooh I don't know hun! I have a friend who completed C25K at the beginning of the year (that's where I heard about it!) and she now competes regularly. Thing is, I don't have a competitive bone in my body; as my signature quote says I like to excel but not compete. I'm reluctant to extend my workout beyond a 30 minute run whilst I'm on TFR anyway and I don't think I cover 5k in that time......yet LOL:D

Do you find the middle session hardest....

I've gor WK4D3 on Sunday.... I'm terriffied of week 5!!!

Well done!!! XXX

Sorry just seen your post, i've been posting and running! wes i think i do find the middle one the hardest and by the time you get to the third its a case of 'i know i can do this so don't stop now!' not looked at week5 involves as i think if i know it might put me off going haha... intended of going last night but the OH decided to help and cook sunday dinner, we didn't eat until gone 7! the little ones were both starving and were ready for bed so by the time i got them to bed and cleaned up the disaster zone in the kitchen all i wanted to ddo was get a nice long bath!! plus didn't fancy giving myself indegestion :( so had a few glasses of wine instead :D so will go on wed.

Sorry just seen your post, i've been posting and running! wes i think i do find the middle one the hardest and by the time you get to the third its a case of 'i know i can do this so don't stop now!' not looked at week5 involves as i think if i know it might put me off going haha... intended of going last night but the OH decided to help and cook sunday dinner, we didn't eat until gone 7! the little ones were both starving and were ready for bed so by the time i got them to bed and cleaned up the disaster zone in the kitchen all i wanted to ddo was get a nice long bath!! plus didn't fancy giving myself indegestion :( so had a few glasses of wine instead :D so will go on wed.

Lol on the disaster zone!

I'm doing a TFR diet and couldn't manage if it weren't for the fact that my hubby and sons cook for themselves whilst I sit in the lounge with my shake, but oh! .....my poor kitchen!
:cry:

ohh i don't know how you do it! tried it and only lasted a few days lol... i'm finding Slimming World great as we can still all eat together just a few tweeks and it SW friendly and i still get to stuff my face!

ohh i don't know how you do it! tried it and only lasted a few days lol... i'm finding Slimming World great as we can still all eat together just a few tweeks and it SW friendly and i still get to stuff my face!

Trouble is hun, when you've 10 stone to lose you need something drastic!
LT has literally turned my life around as I was on the slippery slope toward Type 2 diabetes but, having said that, the most life-changing decision was made before I even started TFR. I decided to change my lifestyle, eat healthily (once I've got my BMI down ) and EXERCISE! Hence the running and swimming.

You have done brilliantly well on SW though haven't you? Well done :D. Good luck on your next run!

xx

Last edited:
Disappointed :(

Went to the gym for w7d1 and the treadmills were full the whole time!! How dare other people use it!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!! :) Spent almost an hour there though so used x-trainer, bike and weights. Just means having to fit an extra run in this week!!!xx

Oooh I don't know hun! I have a friend who completed C25K at the beginning of the year (that's where I heard about it!) and she now competes regularly. Thing is, I don't have a competitive bone in my body; as my signature quote says I like to excel but not compete. I'm reluctant to extend my workout beyond a 30 minute run whilst I'm on TFR anyway and I don't think I cover 5k in that time......yet LOL:D
I want to enter a breast cancer 5k next year!!! *Crosses fingers*

wooohooo just ran for 6.4k and only slowed down to a walk twice to try and get rid of a stitch.

Will feel it in the morning though, how i let myself get talked into doing that i will not know but feel so good now.

wooohooo just ran for 6.4k and only slowed down to a walk twice to try and get rid of a stitch.

Will feel it in the morning though, how i let myself get talked into doing that i will not know but feel so good now.

If you're troubled by stitches, try to make sure that you take some water on board BEFORE your run.....that should stop them! :D

Question gfor those of u that use the podcast..... I am stating wk 5!! But up till now I've just used a printed sheet of when to do what... I want to start outside using the podcast! Do u think the earlier weeks are woth listening to? Did I read somewhere that there are lots of tips in them?? X

Question gfor those of u that use the podcast..... I am stating wk 5!! But up till now I've just used a printed sheet of when to do what... I want to start outside using the podcast! Do u think the earlier weeks are woth listening to? Did I read somewhere that there are lots of tips in them?? X

I only recall 3 tbh, one at the very begining about getting your running speed right, then a bit later about landing lightly on your heel being a good technique. Finally there's the advice about drinking before a run to avoid stitches. Unless anyone else can remember any others .....

Really angry with myself......

Grrrrrr :mad:

I really messed up my WK9D1 run this morning!

My first mistake was to try a different route through the woods. I was TRYING to ensure that I could complete the full 30 minute run on the woodland trails rather than end -up running along the side of the road. BUT I ended up giving myself a very steep downhill about 5 mins in where I couldn't really run properly for fear of "arse-skiing" and then hitting the dreaded middle 10 on a steep uphill that I just couldn't manage.

I must have run for about 15 mins in total before giving in to the gradient (I didn't go into this for fell running!) and then walked, promising myself that I'd run again once it levelled out.

However, and this is why I'm so cross with myself, I just couldn't face running again and I just settled for a miserable walk home with pod-cast Laura babbling in my ear about how fantastically I was doing. Yeah right! :cry:

I don't know what came over me....it was a bit like one of those horrible downward spirals you get in when you break a diet
' I can't do this.....might as well walk.....everything is ruined..... yada, yada, yada :(

so.....I've given myself a much needed kick up the bum:asskick: and will be getting back on the proverbial horse (a real one really WOULD be cheating!) tomorrow.

I WILL do this <determined face>

Chin up Denise we will all have off days, its what you do after that counts and you never know give it a few months and you could well be running that whole route! look how far you have come.

Denise - we all have days when we feel like that and things just don't go to plan. I bet your next run will seem easier than you expect and you will get home with a smile on your face.xx

Denise don't be hard on yourself ....running isn't easy when gravity tries to pull against you!

That's why I prefer swimming :D ~lol~ I hope that your run tomorrow is better honey :) ...and I know your gonna be back on the horse and going at full gallop tomorrow!

I think you'll do really well with what you've done so far...and just rattle that bracelet again if you need reminding of exactly how WELL! x x x

Well I totally avoided the whole running/gym thing today. Not good!! Was going Christmas shopping and wanted to go pretty early and the gym doesn't open on Tues until 9. Decided I'd go out for a run with oh when I got home and he finished work, but had a complete toddler tantrum and refused to go :( I'd bought a couple of dresses in a size 12 today (I was a 16 3 months ago) and they fitted nicely in the shop. By the time I got home I'd bloated up big time and they didn't look as good. So, basically had a tantrum and refused to go!!

Running Thursday next, and will go Friday and Saturday as well. Also going to a kettlebells class Thursday evening. It's a taster session so will be interesting to see what it's like :)

Back