C25K .... Overture and beginners please!

Yes still doing it. Week 6 day 2 tomorrow.

How are u getting on? Any tips?! :rolleyes:

Clover, two big pieces of advice from me - I graduated last year. First, trust the programme. Nearly EVERYONE thinks at some point that there is NO WAY they can do more next week! But you totally can. Just try it, and if you totally fail, try it again, and if still doesn't happen then, and only then, maybe repeat the week before. But otherwise, just keep at it. C25K has successfully got people far less healthy and less motivated than you running 5k/30 mins. If they can do it - you can do it!

And my other bit of advice is do not fret about speed or distance. You can not run too slowly, some people even run slower than they walk. As the times ramp up, just concentrate on running for as long as Laura tells you to. The distance and speed will come later, but if you try to do too much too soon you will struggle. It's the times that matter as they build your stamina and fitness.

Enjoy hun, best thing I've ever done!

Clover, two big pieces of advice from me - I graduated last year. First, trust the programme. Nearly EVERYONE thinks at some point that there is NO WAY they can do more next week! But you totally can. Just try it, and if you totally fail, try it again, and if still doesn't happen then, and only then, maybe repeat the week before. But otherwise, just keep at it. C25K has successfully got people far less healthy and less motivated than you running 5k/30 mins. If they can do it - you can do it!

And my other bit of advice is do not fret about speed or distance. You can not run too slowly, some people even run slower than they walk. As the times ramp up, just concentrate on running for as long as Laura tells you to. The distance and speed will come later, but if you try to do too much too soon you will struggle. It's the times that matter as they build your stamina and fitness.

Enjoy hun, best thing I've ever done!

Thank you so much for that. Really helpful, im not using thd podcasts, I use a garmin watch, iv been increasing the running time and now doing 2:1 (2min of running and 1min walking) my running pace is sooo slow but I'm managing and can feel my breathing improving which is great. Im always running/Walking
5k at a time with aim to Increase the intervals as I go and improve mu time. Do u think thats ok? Its taking me 50mins at the mo x

Sounds like a great plan hun, I'd stick with that if you are feeling/seeing the benefits already. I completed my first all-running 5k at about week 8 I think, and that was about 45 mins. I graduated with a parkrun for week 9 run 3 and that was about 42 mins. I got down to about 32 mins before my current injury. The times will come, I'd say you're making great progress!

I would say that the one thing the podcasts give you is the push to keep running until Laura says you can stop. The key to building your fitness is to keep running even when you're absolutely shattered - without Laura in your ear you might find it too easy just to stop. If you set yourself a goal of so many minutes each time, do absolutely everything you can to reach that goal before you slow down to a walk. Those are the times when you are doing the most for your fitness. Keep up the good work lovely!

Keep at it Tink. Taking up running is the most satisfying thing I've ever done, what a sense of achievement!

Wow way to go Pippa! How did W3R1 go yesterday?

Oops, sorry, slip of the finger! I think it's supposed to be tough hun - I certainly remember it being that way. Add in the heat and humidity and I'd say that's a pretty spectacular effort! Good luck with the rest of the week, don't let anything psych you out, you may get to the stage soon where your body isn't the problem, it's your mind that is telling you you can't do it. Don't listen to those demons!

I am finding the heat tough really like running when it's cold doing week 5 but skipping the 20 min for the moment. I have to run up 2 hills one's not that bad but the last one is bad and I have to run all the way up to the top 3 mins long.

I start week 5 today, im looking forward to it, just a little disheartened as my weight losses have turned into small gains since i started this app, but im hoping it will soon settle down once im running 5k more consistantly, plus i feel healthier xx

So, week 4 is now complete but I really struggled tonight after Wednesdays good run :( I had cramp in both legs, in both the thigh and calf muscles.

I did go to a toning class which uses dumbbells last night, but I normally go to it on a Tuesday night and my Wednesday running hasn't been affected before.

Any ideas? I'm really disappointed after feeling so good about this week before.

I started this this morning....I was sweating loads (due to the weather more than anything I think) but I found it ok. Looking forward to getting to the more challenging weeks but going to follow the app to make sure I build up properly. I hadn't heard of this app so thanks to everyone was has posted, it's given me some good motivation.

Back