• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

c25k question

Hello
I started doing c25k a couple of weeks ago and after day 1 i hurt my knee and so had a couple of weeks rest, I started again yesterday and was wondering would it be ok to do the wk 1 exercise every day for a full week and then move onto wk 2 and do the same or is it best to have a break. The reason i am asking is i stopped smoking 2 years ago and then got ill with a thyroid problem and so apart from cycling (which i am trying to do 70 miles each week)i havent really done any exercise for a long time and was hoping this would be an easier way to help ease myself into an exercise regime.
Thxs :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

hannata

I can haz cake?
no no no nooo...your body needs rest to heal and repair!! Especially if you've suffered a relatively recent injury! with any exercise your body really needs 2 days a week to recover.

Its not always a good idea to go in all guns blazing at the beginning because its very hard to maintain long term, and too often people end up giving up.

Thxs for the advice, i decided to listen to logic and do as you have advised and follow the plan properly. Finished wk1 and ready to start w2 tomorrow, really starting to enjoy it, noticed a big difference in how easier it seemed by day 3.