c25k question

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by NeedsMotivation, 18 March 2011 Social URL.

1. NeedsMotivation

NeedsMotivation Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(24.15%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers ProPoints
    Hello
    I started doing c25k a couple of weeks ago and after day 1 i hurt my knee and so had a couple of weeks rest, I started again yesterday and was wondering would it be ok to do the wk 1 exercise every day for a full week and then move onto wk 2 and do the same or is it best to have a break. The reason i am asking is i stopped smoking 2 years ago and then got ill with a thyroid problem and so apart from cycling (which i am trying to do 70 miles each week)i havent really done any exercise for a long time and was hoping this would be an easier way to help ease myself into an exercise regime.
    Thxs :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    no no no nooo...your body needs rest to heal and repair!! Especially if you've suffered a relatively recent injury! with any exercise your body really needs 2 days a week to recover.

Its not always a good idea to go in all guns blazing at the beginning because its very hard to maintain long term, and too often people end up giving up.

4. kirstabubble

kirstabubble Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(9.44%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    I'd go with sticking to the plan exactly as it's set out :)

5. NeedsMotivation

NeedsMotivation Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(24.15%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers ProPoints
    Thxs for the advice, i decided to listen to logic and do as you have advised and follow the plan properly. Finished wk1 and ready to start w2 tomorrow, really starting to enjoy it, noticed a big difference in how easier it seemed by day 3.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.