Cafe Style Banana Bread

lemma1968

Silver Member
This recipe is courtesy of WeightWatchers: I have one of these in the oven as we speak.

POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 14
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 60 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Enjoy WeightWatchers low fat version of this sweet bread with a cup of tea or coffee.

Ingredients
5 spray low-fat cooking spray
220 g flour, plain white
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
110 g low-fat spread
100 g light brown sugar
1 teaspoon artificial sweetener, powdered
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 medium egg(s), lightly beaten
3 small banana(s), (ripe), well mashed
125 ml sour cream
Instructions
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F. Spray a standard 11x26cm deep loaf tin with oil. Line base with a piece of baking paper and set aside.

Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.

Beat spread, sugar, sweetener and vanilla essence in a separate bowl using electric beaters until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, ensuring each egg is beaten well before adding the next. Fold through flour, bananas and sour cream, making sure not to overbeat mixture.

Spoon mixture into prepared tin, smoothing surface with a spatula. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 1 hr, or until golden brown and cooked through when tested with a cake skewer.
Notes:
This banana bread can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days. It is also suitable to freeze for up to 3 months. We suggest slicing the loaf before freezing for best portion control and freshness.

Last edited:
Ok - this is simply scrumptious. My daughter is on her second piece as is my husband. Its soft on the inside and slightly crisp on the outside. Yummy.

I would highly recommend this. Oh and i can be frozen!!

How big are the portions? I'm not expecting a fat slab, but I don't want to make it if one portion is the size of a brownie bite! :8855:

Not bad sizes. Enough. Larger than a piece of malt loaf smaller than a slice of bread. If that helps.

How big are the portions? I'm not expecting a fat slab, but I don't want to make it if one portion is the size of a brownie bite! :8855:

:silly:took the words right out of my mouth!

cake sounds yum, gonna try that :D ta for posting!

This sounds delicious! I am going to make it this evening. Thanks so much for posting it. x

Back