Caledonian Dukan

LOL -no knockers, or smaller knockers are a small price to pay for a size 8 bod!!!! Glad you had a good day. Make the most of the free time now your youngest is in nursery. I love my two hours on a Monday which is the only time I am free of family or work - I usually watch rubbish tv or sleep - everyone knows that if they ring/text/knock my door during this time the horse better be dying or close to it!!! LOL - everyone needs a bit of me time!!! How do you make the courgette and carrot muffins and do you eat them on a PP day too or reserve them for PV only??? I am a bit hooked on the cream cheese icing - think I will try vanilla tonite with my remaining two!! Like you say feels like such a treat. Gosh it is a bit of a wait till you see Mr CD - mind you he will notice another big difference I bet in that time even if you only lose a pound or two as being so small now every pound loss will really show. Temperature has really dropped today but at least the sun is still shining!!! Need to get my thermals out ready for tomorrow as the grit men were out again tonight so I guess temps gonna plunge again. x

Ok - this evening made up 15 portions of vegetable soup for the freezer; it's a PP day and I had to force myself not to eat the cabbage I was chopping so memo to self - do this on PV days in future!
Have run out of baking powder so more muffins will have to wait till I've done a shop which is annoying. Very tired at the minute so have finally bought some Vitamin B tablets and hope they will soon help.

Trudy - I thought carrot/courgette muffins for PV, I'll put up the recipe once I've taste-tested it. Yes, you're right about a size 8 body being great although I'm trying to be realistic by saying it is a losse-style top I bought but even so - I am SOOOO happy I want to shout about it!! Dukan is amazing. Think it's going to be a cold night, wish I had some thermals. Might get some for my birthday in the autumn as I really really feel the cold now. Have a good weekend. x

CD ive stopped using baking powder didnt really make that much difference. I just beat it a bit more. I've noticed Im far more colder than I used to be so thermals would be a bril idea x have a good day with the children. x

I got ski base layers 2 years ago that are great for keeping you warm, they were from eBay and not that expensive. They will probably be even cheaper this yearseeing as we've had very little snow up here

Millets and Blacks are closing down, I should find my nearest and check the closing down sale for thermals. Or have they already closed?
Flipping TOTM yet again, five days early which is just depressing. Want wine, boo hoo. And kids are being awful today - have been constantly fighting/whining/crying since they got up. Grrr.

Not good CD make sure you have plenty of Dukan comfort food around you - at least it is a PV day and you can have veg!!! I made lady mahaylas creamy salmon last night which is poached in veg stock - was absolutely amazing - good enough for any dinner party - I added different veg and prawns to her recipe and a bit of chilli which I thought was delicious - worth a try if you like fish cos I felt like it was v naughty!!! SOOOO GOOOOOOD. Hope the children settle down today - why are they always awful when you are feeling a little off colour yourself??? Hope you manage to keep on top of it, my little one is home poorly with a temp but seems v happy to lie on the sofa and watch TV which isn't like him so I guess he isn't feeling great. Bless him. Fingers crossed that you have a good Dukan day CD! x

1 3/4lb loss today, bringing me to a healthy bmi!!!!!!!!!
Today I feel blurgh, really don't like PP days on TOTM - ought to go and get some nice steak or salmon to congratulate myself on the bmi and cheer myself up but can't be bothered, will try and do it later in the week on a PV. This afternoon we have to go out and be sociable with family and the kids want to bake so I have to do the washing - up. Still got a long way to go till I'm completely happy with my weight so need to stay focused. Muffins for breakfast are good when you're feeling yucky, they are delicious especially with cream cheese icing. A cup of tea and some gardening catalogues next I think (ignoring washing-up for a wee bit longer!)

Well done cd :D

Great weight loss CD, and down to a healthy BMI - amazing achievement, I think I would be in tears - just realised that even if I make my target weight my BMI will still be overweight so think I need to review target as and when it happens. Not overly fussed as anything lower than the high fourties I was at is better!!!. Hope you found something to eat to make you feel better - HATE TOTM, totally rubbish and a real diet challenge. Bet you have actually lost more like 4lbs if it is TOTM which should make next weeks weigh in one to look forward to and defo an incentive for a great Dukan week. Every time you feel rubbish remind yourself of your now 'healthy' BMI!!! xxx

Tomorrow's PV:
B - Rhubarb and ginger muffin, vanilla cream cheese icing (YUMMY YUMMY)
L - Mushroom and Tomato omelette, vegetable soup
D - Chilli with spicy BNS wedges, salad leaves the kids bathed

Can't wait till tomorrow!! Also, very impatiently, waiting for some jelly to set! Think I'll tidy the living room, get the kids bathed, do some ironing for the week, have a bath myself and go to bed early with a cup of tea and gardening catalogues and some painkillers. 28 days till I see my husband...I miss him.

I'm off to bed early too soon be 6.30am (ugh) hope I sleep better than last night awake at 3 and then 5 so snoozed until 6.45 and then got up and started the very large pile of ironing. MrR is washing up now so the house is tidy for a few days at least. I tend not to do much during the week because im too cream crackered other than cook, do the washing, get it all dry, shopping, taxi service, etc etc ......... you know what I mean CD - LOL
have a good early night hope the pain killers do the trick and take it easy when you can. Is there any 'ME' time tomorrow if so 'ENJOY' :) x

Hope you have a good nights sleep and feel better in the morning! x

Lol at waiting for jelly to set (much like watching paint dry, I imagine ;)) I tend to make the next jelly up evenings before the previous one has been finished!

Your vanilla cream cheese icing - is this philly extra lite, sweetener, and vanilla pod? I made a "sandwich" cake out of a goji muffin using that. OH stole half, so delicious was it. I did this to a few muffins and froze them individually for future treats. I've done it before and it defrosts perfectly!

Hope you're still sleeping soundly lol

Lol at waiting for jelly to set (much like watching paint dry, I imagine ;)) I tend to make the next jelly up evenings before the previous one has been finished!

Your vanilla cream cheese icing - is this philly extra lite, sweetener, and vanilla pod? I made a "sandwich" cake out of a goji muffin using that. OH stole half, so delicious was it. I did this to a few muffins and froze them individually for future treats. I've done it before and it defrosts perfectly!

Hope you're still sleeping soundly lol

Hi Jo, yes that's my cream cheese icing and it is divine!! Makes a muffin for breakfast a really lovely meal, especially with freshly ground, strong black coffee to wash it down!! I need to get better at making jelly up, it's so easy but I get tired and spend so much of my energy looking after the kid's needs that I quite often can't be asked!! Yet I'm the only one losing out when I have no jelly to enjoy - go figure!!

Blurgh I hate being female. Highlight of my day is going to buy a 10kg bag of cheap onions. I'm thinking onion soup, onion gravy, onion in omelettes, onion in cottage cheese...

Preparation Time: 10 mn Cooking Time: 5 mn Serves 6 Cruise Phase PP days

Ingredients

400ml skimmed milk
1 tbsp sugar free low fat cocoa powder
1 tbsp Cornflour
30g Low fat cream cheese
3 tbsp Splenda granulated Sweetener

Mix the cornflour into 200ml of the milk to dissolve.
In a small saucepan, dissolve the cocoa in the remaining 200ml of milk; bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Transfer to the cornflour the milk mixture into the saucepan and continue to stir the two until the mixture thickens.
Remove from the heat, add the cream cheese and Splenda and mix well until smooth. Transfer to 6 individual ramekins, cover with cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before eating.

* Just found on Dukan website, might be good for TOTM?*

Orange chocolate cheesecake

Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Refrigeration Time: overnight
Serves 2
Cruise phase

Pie base:
3 tablespoons of Dukan oat bran
2 tablespoons of powdered skim milk
1 tablespoon of Dukan reduced-fat cocoa
1 egg
2 tablespoons of Splenda granulated sweetener

Topping (no cooking involved):
200 g of 0% fromage frais or quark (low-fat cream cheese is also an acceptable substitute)
1 egg white
1 heaping tablespoon of Dukan agar-agar
50 ml of water
2 tablespoons of Splenda granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon of Clementine or Naturally Orange flavouring

For best results, prepare the day before serving and chill overnight.
Preheat oven to 200°C.
To prepare the pie base, mix the Dukan oats, milk, cocoa, and lightly-beaten egg together - be sure not to add the sweetener at this stage.

Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The pie crust should be about 1 cm thick.
Bake at 200°C for roughly 10 minutes (keep a close eye on the pie base to prevent it from burning). Set aside and let cool.
For the topping, soften up the fromage frais/quark/low-fat cream cheese with a fork and add sweetener and orange flavouring.
Heat 50 ml water, then add agar-agar. Bring mixture to a boil, let boil for 30 seconds, then remove from heat. Lightly beat the egg whites, add 1 teaspoon of sweetener, then continue beating until stiff peaks form. Blend the agar-agar mixture and fromage frais in with the egg whites, folding gently in order keep the egg whites light and airy.

Place the cocoa cookie base in a mixer and grind until crumbs form, then add the sweetener to the crumbs.

Place a layer of crumbs at the bottom of a ramekin to form a pie base roughly 1 cm thick. Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top, and fill to the brim. Refrigerate overnight and serve very cold. Enjoy!

Both of the above recipes, found on the official site, sound nice, and agar agar sounds interesting so I think I'll read up on it some more.

It's very cold here, wish I had a hot toddy to warm up with and cure my new cold!! I think next week I'll be as strict as I can be foodwise and see whether that helps with weight loss - I could do with the occasional glass of alcohol that you can have on Conso:D

Like the idea of the custard like recipe - will try that later in the week. I am not so sure about the cheesecake but that is cos of the agar agar. I tried making the jellies with it and hated the texture and the funny smell, really put me off - LOL . I am going to try and cut down little bit on my philly lite addiction this week. Have treated myself today to celebrate and all was yummy but defo getting a little bit addicted!!! Hope you re feeling better today, loving the idea of onion soup - would you have that on a pp day or just pv???? I really like it and am thinking of making a batch!!!!

Back