Caledonian Dukan

good recipes CD wouldnt mind having a go at the cheesecake :) thank you for posting them - see you tomorrow have a good dukan day :)

Onion soup for PVs only alas... I think I started the cravings for onion soup as I mentioned elsewhere that I made some on Sunday for the freezer. A delicious filler when feeling peckish.

I have cooked in the past with agar agar, but I found it all a bit of trial and error to get the texture right (either solid or too runny!). I don't like recipes with too many tolerated though, particularly so early in our restart diets! So I'll keep well away from cocoa + cornflour in same recipe with my this week's slowed (stopped?) weight loss :-(

I agree about keeping away from tolerateds at the minute Jo, the recipes I put on here I just pasted for future reference so I don't forget about them!! I had far too much cream cheese yesterday and going to have to not have it in the house at all for a while I think:(. It's too nice:(. So plain muffins for a while:cry:

I am so hungry for chocolate/wine. Arrghhh.
Got to be strong...

Sending you staying strong vibes CD - think size 8 fitted top!! LOL

I just found out a girl from my class at school (obviously, a woman now!) weighs 7stone 11 and am completely gobsmacked. That's just over three stone less than me, it's made me feel enormous. I know my mother-in-law and sister-in-law weigh very little and try not to feel huge when I'm with them but it is very hard. I know I've had five kids and my friend has had only one but she is my height and I think I should maybe seriously trying to lose at least another 1.5stone. I can do it if strict, and maintain if strict. I know I shouldn't feel so upset by this but feel so weary of being the big one.

Everyone is different CD your weight depends on how 'you' feel about it. Its being able to maintain at that weight and there in lies the biggest problem for us all. Ive always been the tallest hated being shoulders and head above everyone else.
But now I love my height ...... just wish I had more confidence with my new found figure and clothes ive yet to buy. Wish I didnt have these hangups but I do ...............

7 stone 11 lb is seriously too little for someone of your height! Lordy CD you are a SIZE 8-10 if I am correct????? How much smaller do you want to be??? 10 stone 7 is a good weight for your height - you don't want to look gaunt. I say this but also agree that you should be the weight you want to be - all I would say is ask a very good friend or your husband what they think of how you look when you get to target, tell them to be honest and believe what they say as they won't be trying to sabotage you.. I put on a pair of jeggings today and was convinced my legs looked huge and really wanted to change - I didn't and went out in them and the amount of people that said how thin my legs were was amazing - I really couldn't see it - but I had to believe it after the 6th person commented!!! LOL. Be confident in the new you CD and try to see the new you in the mirror. Good luck. x

7 stones 11 pound sounds like an emaciated skeleton at 5'6". The last time I weighed that little was when I was 11 - and I was 5'4" - right before my growth spurt :) -- But I know some people are just lighter than others so even though they may look the same, wear the same size clothes, on the scale one will weigh more or less than the other. I also know some women that looked way larger than I even though they weighed 40 pounds less. I figure if you have always "carried your weight well" you are naturally a heavier type person and trying to turn into a super skinny version of yourself will be an incredibly depressing and ultimately unsatisfying experience. Get fit, toned, and healthy. The scale is one of our red flag measures - I know I should not be over 200. But anywhere between 160 and 180 is a safe zone (because I can gain 10 pounds in water weight at TOTM, have ever since I turned 14). Pick your zones as you get ready to move into conso - what is a normal range that you will fluctuate around. If you just keep on losing in conso, then maybe you do get to a lower true weight than originally planned but use yourself as you guide - not someone else. {{{VIRTUAL HUGS}}} You are awesome, amazing, and an inspiration! And you need to put out a cookbook - your recipes sounds so yummy!

(five kids? wow!!)... Hey girl, you are you, she is she and at that weight she's certainly a feather weight... Keep Californian Dreaming :)

Ok guys, thanks for the support - I'll try to bear it in mind. I need to be careful not to get obviously obsessed with weight/skinniness as I have four daughters. I have one friend who I know would be honest if I asked her serious opinion, so I will when I need to.
Anyway, no cream cheese in the house. Boo. But, just bought 2 packs of Tetley in Sainsbury's for £5 instead of the £9 they would have been when not on offer so I'm happy. Have a good Dukan day everybody and, seriously...thanks.

Better not to be too skinny - think of people who've lost too much weight and think of how their faces look afterwards....gillian mckeith is one who springs to mind...can't say that pauline quirk looks better in the face for losing all that weight either tbh....

everything in moderation...I think I look younger now because of the bit of extra weight...when it starts to take it's toll on my face/boobs - then I'm stopping :) xx

Couldn't agree more - it really does show in the face when you start to lose too much (so I'm told!!) Pauline Quirk looks gaunt and do you remember Nigel Lawson - he looked terrible!

Yeah my worst fear is boobs that look like let down water bombs...(if that makes sense)....now I know a good bra can fix most things...but still...I think people like NigellA Lawson/Kelly Brooke are much nicer to look at with all their curves than skinny androgenous looking people...

ask most blokes (or women for that matter) who would you rather sleep with...

a. Kelly Brooke

or

b. Victoria Beckham

just as an example...99% I'm sure would say Kelly...even though they're similar ages....similar IQ's as well :) xx

Mmm I think my boobs already look like let down water bombs :)
It makes me laugh though the way the DM tries to portray Kelly Brooke as the icon for the normal curvy woman, as if she is fat in some way. She is just gorgeous but way out of the league of the normal woman in my opinion!

It's the comparison between her and VB I was getting at :) I'd substitute for Christina Hendricks but I wouldn't want to take her to bed :D x

your aiming for the same weight as me CD give or take a 1lb... i used to be the same height as you till i had a riding accident... fractured my back and lost an inch in height as a result lol. I know Ill probably still feel a bit big at that weight but i keep reminding myself i was 10 stone 2 when i got married so Ill only be 6lbs heavier but 20 years older and 1 child later :) Id never ever contemplate going to 7 stone 11 .... i got to 9 stone at 19 and looked anorexic with clothes on but fat in a bikini ..go figure LOL ill be over the moon if i get to 10.8 and maintain it.

My boobs have definitely deflated!!! However, can hide them!! And don't look at all haggard in the face (I think?); still shocked at someone I know weighing so little though. However, I'm going to refocus and carry on a little at a time. So...today I have had no tolerated food or dairy (apart from in my muffin), no fizzy drinks either. Ok on a PV but not looking forward to tomorrow's PP.

Back