Caledonian Dukan

I had a 6ft Grannie too CD - my dad was 6'4" and my mum was 5'4" - I ended up 5'10". We are a family of giants as once said to me :)

Sounds like you are right on track CD and not long till Mr CD will be home all the time and you can defo make it through this last little bit!! OMG so amazing about your daughter - you must be so proud and happy for her. What an achievement. You've got us all in a dither about tablet cheesecake now - LOL - really promise I am gonna have some on conso - it will happen!!! LOL! Made myself some tofu creme at Mum's as was missing it soooooooo much - decided I prefer the Blue Dragon Tofu to the Nori whatever one - not sure why but the Blue Dragon one had less of an aftertaste!!! Having another PP day tomorrow to get back into my usual routine so will defo be making some more in the morning - mind you I also made some strawberry mousse and some muffins so got loads to nibble on if needed!!! Bought the biggest rump steak ever which I will marinade in the morning in soy and ginger - yum!!! Getting hungry thinking about it!!!

trudy stop going on about tablet grrrr nom nom nom wonder if i can make a bar my gala meal when on conso LOL

still not got tofu....im gonna head into fraserburgh this week and scour tesco myself to see if they have it... failing that it looks like ill have to order it online

Another really busy day, very tired now. Kids are watching the original Batman series on DVD, so being relatively peaceful. Menu has gone fine today, I do dislike PP days though! I find my mood is lower, though tofu creme definitely helps:D. Ha, kids thought there was an exploding killer sardine on Batman?? It was a shark!!
Tomorrow is meetings in morning followed by shopping/coffee with a friend in the afternoon. Need to make up another batch of muffins, think it's going to be rhubarb and ginger this time. Much prefer having eggs for breakfast and muffin for snack in the evening.

Know what you mean about PP days, I have just had two in a row and now really looking forward to some veg tomorrow - I find it hard to enjoy PP days but usually try and keep my head down and get on with it!!!Usually have some custard on a PP day as a treat which helps too! Made chocolate orange tofu creme today as a celebration for WI day!!! Was nice but not as nice as just plain vanilla which is my favourite I think!!! Keep it simple!! Sorry about the mention of tablet Ellie - shall we say that if we are both at conso for Royal Highland that we will exchange tablet bars????? LOL - I will get advice on the best tablet to get!!!! No mass produced stuff - the real deal - in fact I did make it once so maybe I will do that - mind you it was more like fudge and good tablet is not like fudge!!! LOL! Gosh I really, really am obsessed with it!!!! Original Batman???? I would have been hiding behind the sofa!!! LOL x

home made swiss milk tablet is the best ;)

I always have problems understanding regional accents, so I guess it's not surprising that I haven't a clue what you guys are talking about! Straight over my head!! (tablet cheesecake... hmm...)

CD - you must be very proud of your daughter indeed. An amazing achievement at her age. Does she want to be a solicitor or a barrister?

Jo - Thanks, she wants to be a barrister. Very focused so I hope so much she gets in. Tablet, by the way, is Scottish and very like fudge but even sweeter and has a different texture. Very sustaining in really harsh weather, about a billion calories per mouthful :eek: Very, very nice.

I have really enjoyed my food today, even though it has all been quite rushed. Made some great muffins tonight, very well risen and light. Am trying to perfect a recipe that I can write down so each batch is slightly different at the minute with trial and error. Tonight's had two medium eggs and an egg white and seemed to work very well. Having wheat bran definitely helped, don't know why I've been so long without it.
Have been surprised by how much better I feel only weighing once a month - I feel less anxious and obsessed with tiny amounts on the scales. After all, I do know this way of eating works and therefore I will lose weight in the end.
Thursday PP:
B - Scrambled eggs; L - Sardines, cottage cheese; D - Mince; S - Muffin/Tofu creme
Friday PV:
B - Scrambled eggs, mushrooms; L - Beef & vegetable soup; D - Chicken, beansprouts, bns; S - Muffin

think id better stay away from the tablet recipe for a while yet ;) wheatbran makes muffins so much better less eggy think ive got it just right now ive been trying for 6 months - shame about the gallette. Still no silken tofu will have to wait until I can get to Waitrose. Im just watching the bbc weather going to be as high as 15 in my area then dropping to 4 but looking dry today & tomorrow :) :) :) so 2 walks planned. Soon be spring CD and then summer with MrCD x

My muffins are different every single time yet I use the same recipe and always use wheatbran!!! Funny that isn't it!!!

mines were really good yesterday and today... much firmer and least moist in the middle... possibly as my oven was hotter and i left them in longer (forgot about them lol)

At first cooked mine for 16 mins at 160 degs they were sometimes a bit wet & too eggy so upped it to 20mins and 180 degs - much much better. Liked the smaller ones at first but now ive changed my mind to liking 3 big ones!!!

Think I might stay up till midnight so I can have some roasted butternut squash :D

CaledoniaDreaming said:
It's readily available all over Scotland, square sausage too which you should also try!

I so wish square sausage was allowed!

So CD how was your midnight feast???? LOL!! Was laughing at you, picturing you at midnight with a big plate of BNS!!!! We are sad aren't we??? Hope all is good with you today and you have a great Dukan day. The weather here is fair to middling so hopefully not gonna piddle down!! Missing the sunshine we had yesterday tbh! x

Back