Caledonian Dukan

I love PV days and can't wait till Conso - veg SIX days a week :). Just been shopping and the price of tinned fish is going up, had to get sardines which I don't really like but they were a third of the price of everything else. Fishmonger for fresh fish next week I think! My youngest got me up early, so today is going to be a caffeine day - I am sooooo tired.

Was too tired to stay up till midnight for BNS so looking forward to it for dinner! Was peeling kiwi for the kids earlier and it was hard to resist, managed it though so pleased with myself. At the minute lentil soup is cooking for the kids and I'm about to make aubergine lasagne, the whole flat is clean and tidy and nobody is fighting. It might just be an okay evening :).

Another early morning thanks to three year old... and I have a cold :(. What's worse is my father-in-law has bought the kids more Mars Ice Creams which are now in the freezer laughing at me :eek:. Don't know why they bother me so - I don't even like them that much really!
Any way - been a good Dukan day I suppose, just my mood is low with the cold and it being a PP. Sore throat, itchy eyes, runny nose, headache - no doubt the kids will be getting it very soon too. Tomorrow's PV:
B - Scrambled eggs, half a grilled tomato; L - Sardines, salad; D - Aubergine Lasagne; S - Muffin

Hope your not feeling too poorly CD and that those horrible Mars ice creams have stopped calling you!!! I am constantly amazed that the chocolate Ben got for Christmas is still in the fridge - normally I would have scoffed it all for him!!! Don't even notice them now!!! Must remember to let him have some every now and again!!! Hope you had a good weekend and did some lovely things with the children! I'm looking forward to having a PV day tomorrow!!!

Yesterday evening three year old broke her collar-bone. Poor wee thing was so brave. I missed my PV dinner though :(. By the time we got back from A & E I was just too tired to do anything. My wonderful (divorced) in-laws came round, one to look after the other kids and one to go to the hospital with us. They then insisted on doing my washing and drying up before leaving!! They were married for twenty years been divorced for ten yet are such a team where their children/grandchildren are concerned - truly inspirational.
Today's PP:
B - Scrambled eggs; L - Tuna x 2 tins; D - Spicy chicken; S - muffin/tofu flavoured with SF jelly crystals.

Tomorrow's PV:
B - Scrambled eggs, mushrooms; L - Sardines, vegetable soup; D - Shepards Pie; S - Muffin

oh no poor wee toot :( but what amazing grandparents ....I think its great that they can pull together and get on with each other. I wish me and my ex were like that but sadly he was a control freak and still tried to tell me what i could do when we split and his wife doesnt make thing easy either. I actually dread the time my son gets married as I know how difficult they will make it for me. i hope your wee one isnt in too much pain ... keep feeding her mars bar ice creams ;)

You're right Ellie, it is amazing. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it's hard being in the same room as them as they can be very cutting towards each other - however, they both put family above everything else and I love and greatly admire that. I loathe my (very nasty) ex-husband and can't even stand being in the same country as him!

even couples that are together can be cutting to each other LOL

So sorry to hear about your wee one CD, hope she feels better soon :)

great effort from the gparents...hope you're ok too, it's worse thing in the world for stress levels when your kids hurt themselves :) (big hug) xx

All calm, daughter coping very well with pain/sling apart from when she needs the bathroom - she thinks she's going to fall down the toilet, poor sweetheart. Kids got macaroni cheese and broccoli for dinner and I'm cooking chicken in Irn Bru for me - hope it turns out ok. Going to leave all the dishes till tomorrow as I am exhausted from my cold and the stress of the last day. Going to have a bath then my muffin with a nice cup of tea. This week I'm baking mocha muffins with quark icing and a coffee bean on top, can't wait.

my mouths watering at the thought of the irn bru sauce

hoping your little girl is coping ok with her broken collar bone ah! and you too with the trauma of it all. Children eh who'd have em! let us know how the irn bru chicken goes years since I tasted irn bru x

Sending hugs to you and your very brave three year old - poor wee thing - they are amazing at that age though - totally resilient!! Can't wait to hear how the irn brew chicken turned out - have all the ingredients apart from the irn brew so could make it on Wed!! Slow cooker still out from the last attempt at slow cooked beef in diet coke which I wasn't that keen on tbh. The mocha muffins sounds nice - been having mine with tofu recently - remembered about the cream cheese icing today and packed a load of philly extra light into the trolley!!!! Keep laughing at my trolley when I get to the till - packed full of quark/philly extra light/tofu and meat and not a lot else!!!

thats like my trolly plus eggs lol.... still no tofu here :( im going down to the other house this week so will check out all the supermarkets down there. If i can get it i'll make some down there before buying a stash lol

well...... how was the irn bru chicken ??

Yes how was it - got my chicken at the ready!!!!

Irn Bru Chicken - tasted nice but I was soooo tired that I couldn't be bothered boiling up the irn bru afterwards to thicken it into a sauce, I just took the chicken pieces out and ate them! Going to do it again tomorrow and do it properly :D

Back