Caledonian Dukan

Well I'm watching Indiana Jones with two poorly weans and Connolly is out with his Papa on a special "Boys Only" adventure that includes windmills, a forest and chocolate so he'll be having a great time! Tomorrow the sling comes off the youngest's broken collar-bone so I'll be able to wash her hair for the first time in a fortnight! She has long blonde curls so you can imagine how yucky they've got with her high temperatures/runny nose coupled with honey from her breakfast porridge and general dirt!!
Today has been not too bad dukan-wise: a PP that hasn't made me grumpy :eek:.
Sunday PV:
B - scrambled eggs; L - tuna, vegetable soup; D - Salmon, salad; S - 250g yoghurt/muffin

Monday PP:
B - Bacon, eggs; L - tuna x 2; D - Salmon; S - 250g yoghurt/muffin

Tuesday PV:
B - Bacon, eggs, mushroom, tomato; L - Tuna, cold beef, vegetable soup; D - Salmon, salad; S - Muffin with icing :)

CaledoniaDreaming said:
Hi Sara, I'm glad my weight-loss is motivating ;) and I hope you are enjoying Dukan. You are so right about enjoying cuddles whilst they are young and don't ration them - my fifteen year old rarely cuddles me and "puts up" with it when I cuddle her. I wish I could give my father a big hug, he passed away four years ago and was the only affectionate member of my (rather dysfunctional!) family. My "me time" is going to be some pampering - I'm thinking an Indian head massage if I'm feeling flush or a new bottle of bubble bath if I'm not! :D

Its absolute bliss having a friend who's just trained in Indian head massage and wants to practice. I've made myself available 24/7 lol x

I need to rein in the praise though, so she feels she still needs to practice! X

Hi CD how are the children doing after the weekend? You still hanging in there? Hope so lovely. Gosh this last couple of weeks have a been a tester for you. The fact you have kept going with your Dukan plan is amazing..... Hats off to you love. Well done for not reaching for the wine/choccy, your medal is in the post!!! Have a good PP day today and hope you get a bit of a rest!

Thanks Trudy - everything is slightly calmer today than it has been for the last fortnight - although I was up twice in the night with the youngest coughing. Back to nursery today so I'll get a couple of hours of silence later which I'm really looking forward to. Realised yesterday morning that I had to do a second PP in a row as my shopping (with all my veg) was being delivered in the evening - very annoying! However, it means I'm enjoying veg today - TOTM so I'm starving.

Phew there is light at the end of the tunnel then. An unexpected PP day is never a bonus so well done for going with it and I hope the veg was lovely today!!! Did you enjoy a few child free hours today??? I was whizzing around town this morning whilst Ben was a Preschool and picked him up and went for lunch with my Dad - by 2.30 he was soooo grumpy so I put him down for a nap and then promptly fell asleep on the sofa - I woke up at 5.30!!!!!! Ben was still asleep so then we went into overdrive to get dinner done and me out the door with everything in order by 6.45!!! It was a rude awakening - can't believe we slept that long!!! Was a nice nap though - LOL! Here's to a week of children improving and you getting some R&R! x

Well, not doing too well with keeping to ratio - today was meant to be PV but has turned PP, again! I wouldn't mind, but had a sneak at the scales and it's not helping :(. Was just too busy to eat anything but protein during the day, then planned to do chicken and bns casserole for dinner but between homework and an unexpected long phone call that hasn't happened either. Looking forward to tomorrow, PV for definite! TOTM at the same time as a cold/sore throat and after the last couple of weeks of disturbed sleep is leaving me utterly drained...been going to bed at same time as kids!
Tomorrow's PV:
B - Bacon, Eggs, Mushrooms; L - Salmon, salad; D - Chicken & BNS casserole; S - Rhubarb & Ginger Muffin/yoghurt

Chin up CD and enjoy your PV day tomorrow - hope the sore throat doesn't develop into anything and is gone in the morning. Stay strong CD you have all my admiration - your doing amazing! Don't look at those scales - you know how TOTM affects you so not the time to have a sneaky peak!!!

Well, I'm a happy bunny as have had a nice weight loss. Bmi of 24 is good too! Really am not going to look at the scales till the end of the month now though as will probably stay this weight for a while now. All feeling brighter, though my sore throat is lingering which makes chicken incredibly unappetising. Found out last night that all the Mums in the family are having Sunday brunch out with no young kids allowed. Lovely idea but have a horrible feeling I'll be drinking only black coffee whilst watching all the rest scoff almond croissants and sip champagne:eek:. Couldn't think of a way to get out of it! Some time off from the wee ones will be nice anyway, it's just they ply me with champagne and get quite hurt when I refuse! My self-control amazes me at times :D

YAY AMAZING - way to go CD - we both have lost the same weight again!!!! Glad everything on the up and hopefully your sore throat will 'do one' before long. Difficult about the Mum's get together - maybe it won't be sooooo bad. It is amazing the self control we show at times - when at other times ------------ the less said the better!!!!LOLOLOL. Hope you have a great day and have an exciting weekend planned with the children - weather permitting!!!! x

thats fab CD :D only 2lbs to go you lucky moo LOL

Not good - seven year old came out of school with earache, is in bed suffering poor thing. Looks like it's going to be another hard few days - just when I was thinking things were looking up! Thank goodness it's only twelve more sleeps till we are with Mr CD for a fortnight, I need a break.

12 more sleeps will be gone before you know it - hope she feels better soon nothing worse than earache used to get it a lot as a child and still end up at the docs sometimes with it.

I know Chris - I got it a lot swimming as a kid so I've lots of sympathy for her. Her big sister who is nearly sixteen has never had it and isn't that sympathetic but gave her cuddle anyway!

oh no... poor wee toot... theres nothing worse than sore ears

Lordy will it ever end - hmmmm I guess not with five to chose from!!! LOL Keep sane CD and hope the earache goes away quickly - not nice. x

Yippee earache gone!! The wonders of penicillin! All up at 6am, which was unpleasant, but have gutted the kitchen already and going to have a cup of tea and relax before...looking on the computer for "space" things for my boy who is going to have his own room finally. Want to make it a really nice place for him to flee from all of us girls when he needs too.
Looking forward to lunch - bacon in lettuce wraps with tomato. Yum Yum Yum. And mushroom omelette and salad for dinner sounds good.

Seven year old sat in lotus position, murmuring "Ommmm,ommmmm", then asking her brother and sister "Am I levitating yet?" Love it.

Back