Caledonian Dukan

Very very wet here, we are all getting fed up with staying in!! My poor broken bottom is still incredibly sore and the painkillers have really bunged me up. Am going to go and spend a few weeks with Mr CD, I know I'll hardly see him as he is working insane hours but I can cook and clean and iron for him for a wee while to make his life a little easier.

Sounds a grand plan CD - will you still be on MM or no internet???? Hope your bottom feels better soon! And the whoosh fairy arrives!!! LOL! xxxx

Sounds a grand plan CD - will you still be on MM or no internet???? Hope your bottom feels better soon! And the whoosh fairy arrives!!! LOL! xxxx

Will be on internet fine this time as our laptop up there has been fixed! Will definitely need my minimins fix if the weather is bad :). Came up with a really good idea, I'm going to bake a freezer full of muffins for Mr CD whilst I'm there so he has an easy-to-grab breakfast before running out the house, I can make enough to last until October when I'll be back up again, and in October do enough to last till Christmas. He usually has the gallette or puts it into chilli but really enjoys my baking. Am missing him like crazy...we can't even Skype much any more as he is out of the house 14 hours a day. And wee bit jealous that he has his perfect job and I am stuck at home with the constant needs/responsabilities of the kids. I wish I was a man. My degree was better than his and I'm just as capable. Och, I'm just grumpy coz of the pain I'm in.

I you weren't grumpy CD then you would not be normal...... At least you can cuddle up at night next to your man even if you don't see him in daylight hours.... Kids will love it too I am sure.... Making enough muffins to last till your next visit sounds like a cunning plan! Hope the weather in Lewis is kind and you get some lovely sunshine. Be nice to be out of the city for a wee bit I am sure. Bet he can't believe the difference in you from those last few pounds disappearing!! Incidently I was reading Rosemary Conley mag last night and all of her success stories weigh WAY less than I am hoping to - made me think about my TW ALOT but then I believe Dr D when he says we need to maintain it not just lose it and to get into the tens will have to do - if I get said tummy tuck I am sure to lose another five pounds or so from that alone!!! LOL! x

I'm not surprised you're grumpy CD. I get cross with my OH when he goes away for just one night with work and leaves me to do everything for 4 on my own! No way would I let him shove off for a year or more! I'm amazed at your resilience.

Trudy, I'm absolutely convinced that getting skinny as a rake is not a good idea. It's not very nice (believe me, I've been there, albeit many years ago) and it's a full-time job to maintain. I guess if you're in your early twenties and want to be a clothes horse it's fine, but it's no way of life for us, or me anyway.

Have you tried arnica, for your coccyx, CD? x

Don't think arnica would help that much as it's the fracture that is hurting rather than the bruising, but might be worth a try anyway Sara! And Trudy, I think maintaining is THE most important part of what we are doing - how many of Rosemary Conley's successes have found they can't maintain at that weight? And being scraggy as a turkey is really not a good look!! I asked my doctor about a tummy tuck as I find it so disgusting but he said a big NO :mad:

Have really enjoyed my PV today - breakfast was rhubarb clafoutis, lunch prawn salad, dinner roast chicken with cabbage and green beans and I'm just going to have some yoghurt. Most exciting thing about the thought of Conso is 6 days of veg a week!!! Yum, yum, yum. And the odd glass of wine...wish Mr CD would hurry up and lose his last 8lbs!!

ooh just been catching up on your bottom issues, fractures hurt no matter where they are but the coccyx is so tender and they cant plaster it up either, keep taking the rhubarb and painkillers, maybe try and get one of those rubber rings to sit on?

Hope you feel better soon hun, and congrats getting to Dr Ds TW. Cx

Awwww lovely to read you're going to see Mr CD :)

Agree with you both CD and Sara - will defo stick to ten stone 12 TW - happy to be where I am now and if I lose a few more in conso then all the better!!! x

Have sat and watched 6 episodes of Gavin and Stacey tonight - never watched it before but think I might be hooked! Tickets booked for the 10th, so only 5 more sleeps till I see my hubby :). It's been 3 months since we've seen him, I can't wait!!
I kept getting told to have hot baths to help soothe my poor bottom, but found it too uncomfortable as I have so little padding there now - so this evening I blew up an airbed, put it in the bath then filled the bath up. It was bliss :D

4 sleeps to go :).
Lovely weather here but we are stuck inside as I need to rest my bum (!), so we have been junk modelling and I'm drinking copious amounts of black coffee to help with transit, to wake myself up as the painkillers send me dopey and finally coz I am bored! PP days are so tedious - can't wait till there is 1 a week rather than 4!
Today's Menu:
B - Porridge with cinnamon
L - Hard boiled eggs & Tuna
D - Mince
S - Yoghurt

Tomorrow's Menu:
B - Porridge with orange zest and ginger
L - Scrambled eggs/Ham
D - Salmon
S - Yoghurt

hope your derrière will soon be better CD and your off to the beautiful beaches of Lewis - lets hope this dreadful weather improves for your visit soon xxx

So exciting, hope your bottom feels better ready for the journey!! one of those cushions sounds like a fab idea!!! Menus are sounding good - mind you you must be walking on air with only three sleeps to go....... Hopefully I will reach TW whilst you are in Lewis - mind you feeling a bit bloated so maybe not this week!!! We will see...... Are the children excited too? Have they finished school already as they finish earlier in Scotland than down here??? Lovin the fact you are remaining so positive CD and are you loving being at TW? x

Yes Trudy, we finished school on the 27th, that was the evening I broke me bum lol. I do like being at TW, though am getting fed up of my 16 year old daughter and mother-in-law and Mum all nagging at me that my clothes are falling off me - size 12 on top and size 8-10 on bottom is slim not skinny. Nobody is actually saying well done, or that I look nice, which after all this effort I find soul-destroying. I'm very bloated at the minute due to the painkillers I'm taking so not going to weigh myself this week, would hate to find I'd gone above TW even if I did know the reason why!! Can't wait for bottom to be better so I can start exercising, any weight that comes off from now will be down to exercise rather than diet - I really want to get as fit as I can.

Morning CD xxx just started to catch up on diaries ....I missed sooo much while I was away
Marvelous (new word from Chris) and congratulations on joining the century club xxx well done, great to read your off to visit Mr CD and hopfully if he reaches tw while your there you can enjoy a glass or two of wine together. ooooo and you coxxis sounds very painful hope you get some good weather in Lewis while your there xxx

Back