Caledonian Smurf's Diary

Caledonia

Day Zero, starting tomorrow.:D

Weight has been up and down a fair bit - but got engaged in May last year and getting married in October.

So time to get serious about being a low carb Bunnie. The dress is here and a bit erm... on the small side. LOL :p

My man has a new kilt and wants to lose his belly, so is joining me on Atkins. :rolleyes:

Hope it helps, but can't help thinking the first few days will be tough, I am not the nicest person when coming off my beloved sugar:eek: and he loves his coffee i.e the caffeine.

Asda delivery due in the morning with a fully planned menu for the first fortnight!!! We spent a couple of hours reading recipes and making a shopping list, bet that habit doesn't last long tho. :(

2012 a new year and a smaller me???:)
I hope so.

Welcome and good luck:D

hi caledonia and welcome, I wish you both the best of luck and that your man's skirt fits him soon ;)

Thanks everyone, I am feeling positive and you guys helps so much.

A SKIRT??? oh Jim how could you :D.
[It is Black Watch for my Grandfather.
He served with them in WW2.]

Okay Day One:
We got stuck into the kitchen, fridge filled with water and loads of protein and green, oh and a cauliflower for mash.;)

Half my water down, and my head is starting to ache, oh joy. Will be glad to be back in ketosis, how I have missed it :rolleyes:

Saying that I don't feel hungry today, must be high on motivation.

Could murder a cuppa, but baby tea.. so no go for that, water water and more water.

Pork fillet with rosemary and lemon, with green beans for dinner, and maybe a nibble of cheese later if needed.

Evening - dinner sounds great:)

Morning Cally,

Ah, The "Black Jocks" wonderful regiment, I loved it when they went marching past with the pipes and drums playing Hielan' Laddie

Morning, groan,

Oh my head :rolleyes: ah well it means I am up and running, so will get stuck into the water.

OH did well too yesterday, only had one coffee with cream and decaf too. He's a bit grumpy this morning though LOL

Bacon and egg for brekie, and the Atkins tomato and feta burgers planed for dinner.

Thanks Jim - I thought it would be a nod to the forces. My nephew is in the R.E.M.E.

The Wii Fit is starting at me... hmm not today my plastic gym instructior LOL. Think my head may fall off and I doubt you'll understand my need to be near the Loo.;)

It is nice to have people understand Induction LOL;)

I am glad your feeling better, I bet a lot of people are in the same boat this time of year. :eek:

Somehow the treats at Christmas don't seem such a good idea now, but Hogmanay was my birthday - so that is my excuse. :D

Evening Caledonia - how did your day go?
Xx

Morning Cally, I did 25 years in the Army, and seeing as I was an Army brat and went to an Army boarding school most of my life has been based around the forces one way or another. :)

So much for writing every morning :eek:

The burgers were so delicious... anyone on low fat etc would have a hairy canary if they could have seen us munching.

Ingredients

• 500 Grams minced beef
  • 1 spring onion chopped
  • Handful fresh spinach chopped
  • 1 tomato chopped
  • 200 grams crumbled feta cheese
  • 2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried mint
  • salt
  • pepper
Directions

Mix all together, shape into burgers [2]
Cook how you like.

We had them wrapped in iceberg, strangely we didn't miss the bun.

Aiming to try Lasagna tonight, if I can stop visiting the lo long enough.

I think I have a new mantra:
Water in - Fat out.
Water in - Fat out.
Water in - Fat out.

Would you believe my it, ketostick went pale (trace) pink last night.... I was well chuffed, till my man came through with his a shade darker.... 'humph...already.. but it is only two day' I though ;)

Wow Jim, may I say Thank You for all you did. :worthy:I wish more people appreciated our forces. Army brat, brings back memories, I went to school with a fair few of them.:)

Have to say, if I could choose when I was born, I honest wouldn't pick the end of December. You wouldn't believe the rubbish unwanted Christmas prezzies I got for my day. :cry:;) To add insult to injury it would often be in Christmas paper too!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, I think at 39 I should stop counting for a while :whistle:

Off to cook my Lasagna, haven't tried the recipe - fingers crossed dinner is edible:eating:

Hope you enjoy your dinner:)

I've just put my chicken with garlic parmesan mayo into the oven - smells divine. Another atkins recipe find:D
Xx

Whew, finally managed back on, the headache is passing.:D

Dinner last night was okay, OH loved it but I am not keen on aubergine.:sign0137:

Had Turkey and some goat cheese for lunch, yummy and the cheese was gooey and a bit stinky. LOL what can I say I love cheese.

Tried a new Atkins recipe from one of my books, steak au poivre, lovely meat with a creamy mustard sauce, cooked up some spinach too. Was sooo yummy, but felt so decadent, gotta love Atkins:D

Now I am up and running I will have a good old catch up in the forums tomorrow. See how everyone is.

Off to do my pee on the stick trick.
:fingerscrossed:

Back