Cali Sweden's Diary

Your food today looks fantastic and how great to run into a friend you haven't seen for awhile and have them notice a difference! :D

(and, nudge nudge, I think you can tick off one of the goals in your signature now! :D )

inches down, new smaller clothes at the shops, and the compliment from your friend... you must be feeling AWESOME !
You are doing so well Cali : )

Thank you ladies, I have to say I was really happy with yesterday. The only thing is I have a .8lbs gain from yesterday!!! I don't know if I'm underestimating my portion size. So today I'm weighing my food on the scale again.

I know a lot of people do it, but I think you have to stop weighing yourself everyday- I know its tempting to see how its going, but it seems to be stressing you out over minor fluctuations. Unless you ate nearly 3000calories over and above your normal intake yesterday, you can't have actually put on 0.8Ibs !

No worries Ruth, I shouldn't weigh myself everyday. But I find a great way to keep myself in check. I know I shouldn't whine about the small fluctuations, just don't get how the body works at times is all :)

I've already brought up daily weighing in my diary this morning; maybe I'll bring it into chickpea chat since it seems to be an issue for more than just me at the moment.

Cali, I am wondering now if your intermittent small gains could be a result of your daily calories sometimes being too low? (sorry to go into nagging mom mode again, I'm a pest, I know!) I know you find it difficult to eat a large amount of food but maybe you could include some calorie dense foods like avocado, peanut butter, nuts, olive oil in cooking etc to increase calories without bulk? I just know that I've seen people before stall when eating too little and exercising a lot and their losses pick up again when they increase their intake. I am worried that your body might start trying to use your new hard-won muscle for fuel if it thinks it is in a starvation crisis for too long.

Nagging mom mode off!

I agree Plum, it's either that I'm not eating enough, or maybe I'm not judging my portion sizes right. In order to combat this, I'm weighing everything I eat today, just to be on the safe side. I will try to eat closer to the calorie goal too since I am moving my bum around alot these days.

So I'll see what happens this week with weighing food, and trying to eat more. Yeah maybe I need more peanut butter in my life. I can't argue with peanut butter since I love it :)

First time in my life I'm actually having to wonder if I'm not eating enough to lose weight. Lol, the irony. :)

My walk today was perfect, clear blue skies and warm. I tried to walk really fast as if it was going to start pouring, I did pretty good. But it just wasn't the same as the actual threat.

For some weird reason my guy and I have been hungry all day. It was one of those hungry days. While we were out looking for wallpaper, we got really hungry so picked up food. I got a schnitzel salad, this time I had them hold the potatoes.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, strawberries, cinnamon, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, milk and agave syrup.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds. Then a piece of dark chocolate a little later.

Lunch: Last night's leftover chicken salad with quinoa.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, and a peeled apple.

Dinner: Schnitzel salad with quinoa.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Exercise: 28 minutes fast long walk, pushups, crunches, and 50 minutes of yoga.

Looks like a good day, well done on ordering your salad the way you wanted it! Sounds like you're in the middle of a lot of home projects at the moment, I'm sure that burns calories! :D

It's an on going project for over the past two years. We moved into a whole house and yard fix me upper. So our summers are full of fixing the house most of the time :) Throughout the year we do small projects inside the house.

It has it's moments:) At times it felt like it will never be completed, but then seeing the renovated results is really rewarding. It's starting to feel like a complete house :)

It's a nice feeling isn't it! Kudos to you for taking on such a big project, you'll have the satisfaction of a house that is just what you want. :)

Today's been a fun day of taking down old wallpaper. Looks like my weekend will be busy with taking down 3 layers of old wallpaper +1 layer of paint on them. I didn't do yoga since scraping old wallpaper, and holding the wallpaper steam remover thing is a decent workout for the arms.

Looks like I've influenced my OH with my good eating habits. He told me today that he bought oats and flaxseeds to keep at work for his breakfast. I guess he's been eating that this week at work :) Last weekend I made him a bowl of my way of making oat porridge, so it had flaxseeds in it, and I was telling him about the good Omega 3 oils in it. So I thought it's really cute of him that he decided to eat healthy for breakfast at work :)

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, strawberries, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, milk, and agave syrup.

Lunch: Chicken, pinto beans, fresh salsa and rucola/spinach salad.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds and a peeled apple.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

Dinner: Chicken, pinto beans, fresh salsa and rucola/spinach salad.

Exercise: 27 minutes fast long walk. It didn't rain, but I tried my hardest to walk really fast :)

Food yesterday looks really good Cali and it sounds like you've got your work cut out for you with the wallpaper. :D How fun that your eating habits are rubbing off on your OH!

This afternoon will be filled with taking off old wallpaper :) It's a little weird but taking old wallpaper is a little fun to see the ugly stuff go away. Can't wait till we get to put the new wallpaper up :)

It is fun and nice to see OH starting to think about healthy eating habits too. Before he was just a total meat and potato guy.

I like taking off wallpaper, especially when it has many layers - it gives you a glimpse into the decoration history of your house through the ages. ;)

That said I'm often surprised that people have wallpapered over several layers of old wallpaper because I never would! (which I guess is obvious if I am the one stripping it all off!)

Yes, I'm surprised that it's a common practice to just keep layering wallpaper. I hate the idea of it, but my guy thought it was ok. He put up one sheet, and looked, but we could still some bumps etc from the old wallpaper. He wanted my opinion, I said the OCD Japanese in me says to take all the old wallpaper off, spackle the wall, sand it down, and then put new wallpaper on. I did say to him that it was up to him on what he wanted to do. In the end I was right :)

Back