Cali Sweden's Diary

I wish we had something like a MAX here, it sounds like a great option when out and about! Your food today looks really good actually, and more mention of the yummy mac and cheese! Mmm!

I think it's quite funny that the poor moose is internationally famous for having gotten a bit sozzled and stuck in a tree. The poor deer! (sorry, that was a truly terrible pun)

I do love a good Christmas market. As Ashie says, all that pre-holiday goodwill is nice to soak up. :)

I wish there were MAXes everywhere too. It's not in every town/city here either.

Yes I do feel sorry for the poor moose, but I guess it was having too much fun getting drunk on apples :) It's funny that they eat the fermented apples and get drunk, and they actually like them. I know a few years ago on the news someone got bitten by a drunk moose eating fermented apples in their garden. The person decided it would be nice to pet the drunk moose.

Ohhh I love the Christmas foods here! I can't wait, sort of, I don't know. Or my tummy can't wait, but my waistline is having second thoughts.

Hmm I wonder if the person who wanted to pet the drunk moose was also a bit tipsy themselves? As otherwise I can't imagine that seeming like a good idea at all.....

I'm not even thinking about Christmas food yet, oh dear. Did buy some Christmas presents the other day, though, which was freakishly early for me. Usually I can be find tramping around the town center on the last shopping day along with all the other disorganised procrastinators!

We're usually always trying to find presents the last day too :)

I would never imagine petting a drunk moose, or a sober moose. Really can't imagine what that person was thinking.

Tomorrow's weigh in day, but I'm not stressing about it, I know it will be a +. I feel like a Huge waterbuffalo >_< Oh well I will look forward instead to next weeks weigh in instead :)

My OH wanted schnitzel tonight, he suggested that we make our own with wholegrain spelt version. Though when I was preparing the schnitzel at home, I realized we could have bought crispbread crumbs at the store. Using the wholegrain spelt flour makes a really crunchy crust. It's great that my OH is wanting to try more foods cooked in low GI/GL fashion. I know I should have had something healthier but, I'm so blah today I was like well at least it's better than eating out like he wanted to originally.

I just realized that I completely forgot to look for veggie pate at the store today :( Been a really busy day.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, strawberries and raspberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, milk and agave syrup.

Snack: 1 dark chocolate.

Lunch: Last night's leftover: grilled pork, my mac n cheese, spinach and cucumber salad with lots of lemon.

Snack: 1 bite of my Allévo bar before going to the store.

Snack: 6 peanut M&Ms, cottage cheese and pumpkin seeds, and a peeled apple. 1 dark piece dark chocolate.

Dinner: Wholegrain speltflour schnitzel, red lentils, and pizza salad (it's a Swedish cabbage salad that's usually served with pizza).

Exercise: 28 minutes fast long walk, pushups, crunches, 56 minutes yoga.

Mmm your food looks good today Cali! Is pizza salad anything like coleslaw? What goes into it? I love cabbage type salads but traditional coleslaw is not so much my thing.

Good attitude about tomorrow; I think at the TOTM we have to just accept whatever comes our way so it's good that you're not stressing about it! :)

I guess it's sort of like coleslaw but it doesn't have any mayo in it. It's more like a German cabbage salad. I found two recipes in English, but you don't have to follow it exactly.

I threw together vinegar, canola oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, fruit sugar, water and some italian salad seasoning. Mixed it up in a bowl. I used a slicer to slice the cabbage into thin slices, and mixed them together.

Pizzasallads all taste so different by who makes it. Some are vinegary, some oily, some with lots of spice.

Swedish Pizza Salad My Recipes: Classic Swedish Pizza Salad

Yes I've come to accept that when it gets close to totm, you just gotta do what nature tells you to do. It makes it so much less stressful that way too :)

Food sounds good today, Cali. Good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow. x

This past week was all about taming the beast. I am happy that I satisfied the beast with a little bits of naughty foods. Before the diet, it used to be that I'd just eat whatever and how much I wanted when certain times of the month approaches. It's like the cookie monster attack or something, I become a totally different person.

Well I did originally have a +.06 lbs earlier in the week, but then it soon dropped to just +.02 lbs the other day. I know yesterday I drank much more water than I usually do. Trust me I drink a lot of water normally, I usually have no problems drinking the minimum 2 liters of water a day. I felt bloated yesterday. I imagined it'd be an easy +1lbs gain today. But luckly I was wrong, and I was really happy about that. Don't get me wrong, I'd take a minus on the scale anyday.

My measurements stayed the same this week, except I lost a little bit in my knee area :)

Here's the 11th weekly weight update:

+-0.0 lbs (+-0.0kg)

Total amount since started: -12.0 lbs (-5.45kg)

Oh well done Cali on sts during totm. :)

This is a big deal since you have said in the past that you always put on weight during this time. Your strategy of just eating small amounts of "naughties" worked and you did not crack under the pressure. :D

Super, super well done.

Also, well done on measurement on knee. I don't know why, but I think it's really cute that you measure your knees. :)

Oh and you need to change the signature so that the goals you have achieved are highlighted, as it still looks like you have not achieved any of them! It confuses me :(

Thank you Ashie, though it's not totm yet. But it's working it's way to it>_<

Well I originally started off measuring only the ususal parts, but then I thought "hmmm, but all of me is chubby and thick. It'd be interesting to see how much I lose everywhere." I've never been big before this, and never measured myself at my biggest. I wish I would have measured myself at the very beginning to see how much I've really lost since the beginning.

Since yesterday afternoon, we've got a visit from tropical storm Katia. It's still going on now. Talk about a really windy and rainy day. I didn't get to go for a walk, so hopefully by tomorrow the storm will go away.

I've been cleaning and painting today. Been painting a lot lately, a little here a little there. I still have a lot more painting left, but it's nice to see the transformation of the color to a new fresh vibrant white.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, milk and agave syrup.

Snack: 1 piece dark chocolate. Some peanut M&Ms, some pieces of wild boar, reindeer, and moose(elk) sausages.

Lunch: Last night's leftover: Speltflour schnitzel, red lentil, and Swedish pizza salad.

Snack: Some pieces of wild boar, reindeer, and moose(elk) sausages.

Dinner: Last night's leftover: Speltflour schnitzel, red lentil, and Swedish pizza salad.

Snack: Some more peanut M&Ms and roiboos tea.

Well done on STS Cali especially at TOTM, you did really well to keep things in control. :D Nice to see your goals updated with progress too, you're doing really well! :)

We still have really windy weather here with some rain. Hopefully tomorrow will be nicer so I can go on a walk. I felt a bit lazy today, but I threw my yoga mat down, and as soon as I started doing yoga I felt vibrant again:) I love how yoga makes recharges me.

Haven't been in too much of a eating mood today. I didn't have much of an imagination either on what I wanted to eat. Though I did want to eat peanut butter and jam all day.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, black berries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, milk and agave syrup.

Snack: 1.5 piece dark chocolate.

Lunch: 1 slice of rye bread with seeds in it, peanut butter and jam.

Snack: Pizza salad. Later on I had cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, and a peeled apple.

Dinner: 1 slice of rye bread with seeds in it, peanut butter and jam. Also a large green lettuce, spinach, tomato and cucumber salad.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 60 minutes of yoga.

Mm your porridge combos always sound so good! I have days too where I don't fancy much, funny how the body does that sometimes. PB & jam will keep you going though! ;)

I have days too where I don't fancy much, funny how the body does that sometimes.

WHAT? I never have days where I don't fancy much. NEVER. EVER. :sigh:

Yoga is great for making you feel re-energised, centred and feeling at one with the world.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but Cali, it looks like you have not eaten enough calories today . Sorry for bringing it up. :( <runs away before Cali hits her>

I had a lot of peanut butter on the bread :) I didn't want to starve myself so I made sure to pile on the peanut butter. I'm more worried I probably had too much calories today with eating so much peanut butter today.

Back