Cali Sweden's Diary

Menu looks fabulous. What kind of roast was it and how did it turn out?

It was a beef roast. In Swedish the meat cut is called Högrev, in English I think it's a part of chuck roast. Chuck steak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The roast came out nice. I think we will try to do more roasts as the weather is getting colder here, and it's nice to have some warm roasts to eat :) Next time we want to try Fransyska meat cut, I have no idea what the English equivalent is. But it's one of those tough meats that need to be stewed or roasted too :)

Tomorrow's weigh in day, so it's always a little bit of nail biting the night before. Never know what the scale will decide to do. I've been pretty good this week, so I'm hoping the scale will show it in the morning.

There wasn't too much special going on with my food today. I didn't get to have a proper snack today, I will be better about it tomorrow. At least I was able to go on a walk today again.

Breakfast: Musli with dried peaches, raspberries, sultanas, goji berries, almond slices and milk.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Lunch: 1 slice of rye bread with seeds topped with peanut butter and jam.

Dinner: Last night's leftover roasted beef with veggies and spelt pasta.

Exercise: 29 minutes long walk, pushups, crunches, and 41 minutes of yoga.

This morning was weigh in day! I completely forgot to write about my weigh in, I just remembered it a couple of minutes ago >_<

It looks like I might have finally figured out what works best for me in order to lose weight. I eat good all day long, and eat til I'm full (not OMG stuffed), I can also eat some corn chips etc during the day and it doesn't seem to do much damage. But it looks like the main key for me is to be done eating dinner before 20:00, and to make sure I don't eat a lot. I have to watch my dinner portion.

I don't count or think about the calories anymore, which feels really nice. Especially since I was getting so confused on eating back all the workout calories etc. Now I just focus on dinner time portion sizes and trying to eat it before deadline time.

I also learned that what people on mfp say about it doesn't matter when to eat your daily calories is all wrong. As for myself, I now know for sure that my last meal of the day has to be smaller than lunch, or have a lot of green leafy veggies to fill up on. It seems that evening foods are the ones that likes to stick to my bum. It doesn't matter if I stay up until 01:00, if I eat past 20:00 it will cause me not loose weight.

Here's the 13th weekly weight update:

-1.4 lbs (-.64kg)

Total amount since started: -15 lbs (-6.82kg)

I must be on a lucky streak because it was sunny today, and I was able to go on my walk :) I'm really happy about that.

I went to the grocery store today just to replensh my stash of dark chocolate. My OH took the last bar of dark chocolate with him to work, and I was left with milk chocolate at home. No way was I going to touch milk chocolate. My OH has become hooked to dark chocolate now too.

Breakfast: Musli with dried peaches, raspberries and milk.

Lunch: Spelt pasta with falukorv, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and carrots leftover.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate. Later on cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds and peeled apple.

Dinner: Last of Spelt pasta with falukorv, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and carrots leftover.

Exercise: 27 minutes fast long walk, pushups, crunches, and 20 minutes of yoga.

Congratulations on the weight loss, that's fantastic news. :)

I think each person is different when it comes to weight loss, what works for some does not work for others. It is good that you have found what works for you - that's brilliant. I'm not sure that I have worked out what works for me yet, except to say that portion control is the main thing. I can now understand how I managed to put on so much weight.

It's great that know not eat dinner after 8pm. I've heard about the no eating after 8pm before but since I have dinner at around 5 or 5.30, not eating after 8pm is inconceivable for me. If I did not eat a snack before bed I would not have eaten for at least 14 hours or more. Besides, Rick Gallop says have a snack before bed and I do as I am told. :D

I'm glad you had a lovely weather so you could go on a walk again. We also had good weather today and according to the forecasters we are going to have a bit of an Indian summer the next few days. :)

I totally agree, what works for one doesn't work for another when it comes to losing weight. It's really amazing how each body acts and reacts so differently to gaining and losing weight. I guess the toughest part is finding what works best for your body to lose weight. I sure wish I would have known about low GI/GL a year or two ago, or even 6 months ago.

I've heard to not eat past 19:00 or 20:00. I used to not eat past 19:00 some years ago, and well I was only 130lbs back then, so it's time I go back to being skinny me and not big me :)

A little bonus to myself, I got to check off a mini goal today!!! Woot!!!:woohoo:

I felt like I ate a lot tonight for dinner. Not sure if it's because it was a salad and all the spinach made me feel really stuffed. Luckly I ate at 19:00 so hopefully it won't cause me to go plus.

Breakfast: Musli with dried peache, raspberries, sultanas, goji berries and milk.

Lunch: Leftover beef roast with veggies and spelt pasta.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate and a peeled apple.

Dinner: Tuna salad with mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and spelt pasta.

Salad sounds lovely :)

Btw, I might be finally catching the cold that's been going around. I went to bed with a really sore throat, and woke up with it even more sore. Also my nose was really stuffy.

At least my throat isn't as sore atm. But I did sleep in really late today.

I wasn't feeling too good this morning so I slept in and missed breakfast time. I had a sore throat last night, and woke up this morning with my throat really sore and nose stuffed. I decided to go back to sleep and I felt better. Now my sore throat is barely noticeable, hopefully it doesn't get bad again tonight. I'm keeping myself really warm right now, as it makes me feel much better.

Lunch: 1 slice of rye bread with seeds topped with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, and a peeled apple.

Dinner: Whole grain brown rice with Chicken, mushrooms, cabbage, spinach, carrots, bamboo shoots, and ginger stir fry.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

Exercise: 27 minutes long walk, pushups, crunches, 38 minutes yoga.

Thank you Plum :)

I do feel the back of the throat starting to hurt more than a couple of hours ago :(

Oh no, not another sick person :p Actually, its no joke feeling ill, is it? Hope you are feeling better and keeping warm. As well as sounding yummy, your stir fry should help you with your sore throat too. :)

Thank you Ashie. I think the ginger in the stir fry will help :) I'm also drinking some Rooibos tea to help with the throat.

The weather today was pretty nice. It's unusually warm for us during this time of the year, but I'm not complaining. I wish it could be like this all the time.

Breakfast: Musli with dried raspberries, peaches, sultanas, goji berries and milk.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

Lunch: Last night's leftover Chicken stir fry with veggies and wholegrain brown rice.

Snack: a peeled apple.

Dinner: Last night's leftover Chicken stir fry with veggies and wholegrain brown rice.

Exercise: 27 minutes walk.

Back