Cali Sweden's Diary

By the way, if you buy individually wrapped redbush or herbal/fruit teas (or a tiny Tupperware), you can keep some in your bag. That's what I do - usually at a cafe I'll explain that I'm happy to buy a tea but have my own teabag, and they have always just given me a pot of hot water for free. :)

Oh wow thank you for the good idea. I never even thought about that >_< I'll have to put some rooibos teabags in my purse from now on to be on the safe side. I'll put it in a plastic bag, so that way it will stay fresher in the purse.

Ohh cucumber kimchi, yum yum yum.

If you've been eating the right amount over the week, I don't think one day will tip your body into starvation crisis mode. Your blood sugar will just have been a little wonky today. :) Good luck for the morning!

I really hope so. I know I'm being paranoid. But I do see the scale jump up and down still, sometimes a pound difference from one day to the next. Now I don't let it get to me, as I know that the body does that, and as long as on weigh in day it behaves then I'm ok and happy :) I'm still very addicted to the scale, just learned to live with the daily fluctuations :)

It really is interesting how much it can vary isn't it? Just goes to show how complex the human body really is!

Yes it's scarey how the scale can read so differently from day to day. I'll keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

My weightloss this past week wasn't the greatest or the worst. I do have to admit I was hoping for a bit more. Though it is is much better than a gain and staying the same.

I'll have to try harder for next week's weigh in :)

Here's the 14th weekly weight update:

-.8 lbs (-.36kg)

Total amount since started: -15.8 lbs (-7.18kg)

A weight loss is a weight loss is a good thing. :) Well done, Cali. That's one step closer to 150 lbs.

I was able to go on a walk today, so that's always a nice feeling. I've been trying here and there to do some harder yoga moves, and boy are they tough. I'm not strong enough to do them completely yet, looks like I'll need a lot more arm strength and a smaller bum to carry. They are some challenging poses, and the how to videos for them make it look so easy.

Food wasn't too exciting today. I finished off the last of the Korean leftovers, it was still very yummy:) I bought some fresh red beets yesterday as they were on sale. I'm thinking of making some borscht tomorrow. Borscht is a Russian red beets soup, it's really yummy especially on cold weather days.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with blueberries, strawberries, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and soy milk.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Lunch: Leftover Chicken bulgogi, korean style spinach, cucumber kimchi and rice/barley/oat mix.

Dinner: Leftover Chicken bulgogi, korean style spinach, cucumber kimchi and rice/barley/oat mix.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate

Exercise: 27 minutes long walk, pushups, crunches, and 47 minutes of yoga.

I went to the library today to return some yoga books I borrowed, and I found some interesting books there. So I ended up borrowing them. They're all Swedish books naturally:p One is Matsmart (Food smart), knowing where your food comes where, how it's grown or raised here in Sweden, and also how other countries like USA and Germany raise theirs. It talks about how nowadays food is much more important than how much it costs and the volume you get for that price. So it will be an interesting read as it does go along with the low GI/GL diet mentality :) The other book I borrowed is about Power Yoga, thought it'd be good to read about the harder poses:)

I picked up some dark chocolate as they were on sale still, and wanted to horde them away. I also needed some creme fraiche for my borscht, but thank goodness I stopped to look at the labels. The creme fraiche has about 330ish calories per 100g. There was the light version, but it has starch etc in it to make it firm, so I took a pass on that. Luckly we have gräddfil here, I think it's the equivalent to American sour cream, and that has about half the amount of calories as the creme fraiche did, and it's made with cream that's soured, so is creme fraiche but gräddfil uses less fat so it's a lot less firm.

Breakfast: Oat porridge, strawberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and soy milk.

Lunch: 1 slice rye bread with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: a peeled apple

Dinner: Borscht with a slice of rye bread with butter.

Cali, borscht sounds good! It's amazing what labels can reveal isn't it!

How are you not starving though? I would be starving with only bread/pb/jam and an apple between breakfast and dinner!

:eating:

Borscht is really yummy. I made it with fresh redbeets this time, and it's much sweeter than with the canned or jarred stuff. I put in Hungarian style kolbász (not the real one, since this one's made in Sweden and nothing like the real stuff), fresh redbeets, parsnip, carrot, cabbage, onion, and garlic.

When I eat pb and j for lunch or as a meal, I make sure to coat on the pb really well. Also the slice of rye is big and it's full of nuts, so it's really filling.

The apple was because I got hungry and I knew the soup wasn't going to be ready in time for eating within 4 hours rule.

I love the fact that your food is influenced by different regions, countries and areas of the world. I would love to come to a dinner party at your house (except on a red meat night!) :)

PS. And shellfish night! :eek:

I love good food. If it tastes good then I like it :) I also love trying out new foods too. My parents are the same way, so I was raised eating all sorts of different country style foods, so to me it feels like they're home cooking even if I'm not from those countries :)

I can cook pork or chicken or even tofu if you like :)

Erm, I don't do pork either. :(

But I'll come on a chicken or tofu night for sure. :)

(Just to explain, in case you think I don't like anything. I was a vegetarian for years and I still am not able to eat a lot of the different meats! I love all veg [except bitter gourd], all beans [ except navy beans] and all nuts [except pine nuts])

You eat a lot different foods, I don't think you're picky at all. There are days when meat just really grosses me out, and I'm not a vegetarian.

I know some picky people who really don't eat anything but processed foods and no veggies.

I think my cold is coming back, I wasn't feeling too well this morning hints the no breakfast today.

I felt much better this afternoon so I was able to do my exercise. Too bad it was raining so I wasn't able to go on my walk. Instead I brought out the mini trampoline and did something different, I did a running style jumping thing for 425 jumps. It was much harder than normal jumping on the trampoline. I also did 30 pushups instead of the normal 20 pushups:character00115::party0011::bunnydance:. I also did some sanding for an hour and a half.

Hopefully I didn't over do it this afternoon. This cold hasn't really kicked in full gear, but it hasn't left all the way yet :( Luckly I didn't have to cook tonight.

Lunch: Leftover Borscht soup with gräddfil and 1 slice of rye bread with butter.

Snack: A peeled apple with peanut butter

Dinner: Leftover Borscht soup with gräddfil and 1 slice of rye bread with butter.

Snack: Maybe I will have a piece or two of dark chocolate.

Exercise: Trampoline, pushups, crunches, and 60 minutes yoga.

Oh dear Cali, sorry your cold isn't gone yet. Exercise can be good for the immune system. Hope you feel better soon!

Congratulations on the extra push-ups. :) They say (whoever "they" are) that you need to shake your exercise routines every 6 weeks or so as your body gets used to the ones you do. I think extra push-ups and trampolining counts as a shake up, don't you think?

Having said that though, please be careful of that cold of yours. The reason that you might not be able to shake it off is that you are exercising and your body might want a proper rest to recover from the darn thing. That is a lot of exercise for someone who is not feeling well. Also, they (and here "they" are again) say that one needs to feed a cold.

But then what do I know? I overeat and don't exercise. :D

It's true you have to balance the exercise with enough rest to get better. A little gentle exercise should be enough to keep the lymph system from getting sluggish. :)

I will have to sleep longer, so I can get better. But it's really strange since it kicks up at night and mornings. I did think about taking a day off of my exercises, but I did take a day off yesterday. I have to admit I'm actually a bit scared of taking too much time off of my exercises, because maybe I'll just ballon in weight and size again. I know it sounds silly, but I am at the border line of being HUGE again or being normal size.

Back