Cali Sweden's Diary

Boohoo! I meant to put barley in with my chicken casserole today and completely forgot. It would have tasted so much nicer with it too.
Food looked great as usual.

Barley in soup is yummy:)

Last week I learned a very important lesson. I knew better but the old myth about you only loose weight if you starve yourself sort of messed me up with my overcompensating. Also you hear it from friends and family that you'll only loose weight if you starve yourself, which is total BS when it comes to low GL foods. Yes we consume less calories but we aren't hungry, and shouldn't go hungry because then your body's blood sugar level is unstable which causes you to not loose weight. Not only did starving myself not work last week, it gave me a gain. So talk about totally undoing what I've been working hard to do which is loose weight. Also it makes me want to kick myself in the rear end for being so hungry just for a gain. What a total waste of a week it was for me last week. I've learned something very important from low GL and yoga, and that is to keep looking forward and focus on the positive things. So bye bye last week, hello this week and next week (^.^).

With low GL foods, I don't have to starve myself to loose weight. If there's a day or two that I eat really high GL foods, the next day I should just keep on truckin' like all the normal low GL days. There's also the lovely 80/20 rule which actually works. If 80% of the time you eat low GL and well, then there's 20% you can have a little fun with. The whole thing about low GL; nothing is banned or evil, it's all about moderation.

As you can see from my food logs, that this week I've had crisps and chocolate covered wheatpuffs almost daily. Sure I ate them, yes they were good and I don't feel guilty at all, but I ate them in moderation. Instead of having say 4 handfuls or something, I only had 1 handful. It's enough to enjoy the taste and texture and get it out my system. The cold weather brings out the bear in me, I've decided to not resist the cravings that winter brings. Instead I will work with it, and give myself a pat on the back for not pigging out on all the winter fattening yummies. One handful or slice is much better than the good ol' eat what you want. A sip or three sips of Julmust (almost like a Christmas rootbeer), is much better than a whole glass of it.

This week I didn't starve myself. For example: Last night I wasn't able to eat all my food on my dinner plate. I was full and didn't want to eat anymore. I didn't go to bed starving either. I did get a little hungry and took a piece of dark chocolate last night. But the great news was the results of the scale this morning.

Here's the 20th weekly weight update:

-1.4 lbs (-.636kg)

Total amount since started: -20.8 lbs (-9.45kg)

Oh I simply adore your attitude!!! Bottle it and sell it!! You're a fine ambassador for GL. Woohooo to your fab loss this week too!!
I couldn't agree more with everything you said!

It's thanks to you wonderful ladies and your support that I was able to see my fault last week, and truely understand what low GL is. Also there is no panic button, just eat low GL foods next day and it will fix itself :)

Julmust is wonderful I love it. Some people don't like it. But I tend to like Rootbeer, Dr Pepper and Sarsaparilla :) They also have a påskmust (Easter must), it tastes exactly the same to me, the only difference is that it comes out around Easter. Julmust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Super fantastic on your weight loss, Cali. You are doing great. :)

Talk about enjoying my Friday food weekend, maybe a little too much. But it's ok because I'm not feeling guilty about it. OH made breakfast this morning, so I wasn't too picky on what was cooked up for me. For lunch OH picked up a schnitzel salad on the way home for me.

Then tonight OH asked his friend to bring sushi with him. His friend lives near our favorite sushi place :). It's been at least over 3 months since we last had sushi, so we've been talking about maybe getting sushi oneday soon. I guess today was that oneday soon.

I did make myself some homemade hot cocoa. I used agave syrup to make the cocoa sweet. I added 4 pieces of mini marshmellows to my hot cocoa, and it became way too sweet for me. I had to water it down a lot with milk, in order to drink it. Was only able to drink about half the mug, and that was with taking a sip here or there for awhile. The rest of it went down the drain as I was just not into it anymore. Very weird how doing low GL has made me not really enjoy my hot cocoa. Maybe next time I will only make 1/4 a mug worth, I think that will be more than plenty for me. Also if I use marshmellows I won't add any agave syrup to sweeten the cocoa. Very strange because before low GL, I used to have a pile of mini marshmellows on top of my hot cocoa, and it never tasted too sweet.

Felt a bit wornout and sluggish today, but it's because totm will be visiting me. I took a multivitamin just to make sure I wasn't going to get dizzy later on. Didn't really feel like doing yoga or pretty much anything else besides lay on the couch today. Though I did make myself do my exercise. I told myself "Sure you don't want to do it today, but you have to. Give it a shot and get it done with. Or else your bum's going to return to it's preyoga size." Thankfully I did do my exercise, but during my exercise I felt really wornout, stiff and during the middle of yoga I got dizzy. Thankfully I did exercise because it'll help burn today's naughties away :)

Breakfast: 2 slices of (wholewheat, seeds extra fiber) toast, 2 slices of bacon, a fried egg, and half a kaki.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate, and a handful of crisps.

Lunch: Schnitzel salad with half a slice of rye bread with butter.

Dinner: 8 pieces of sushi.

Snack: about a ½ a mug of hot cocoa with 4 pieces of mini marshmellows, handful of crisps, and 3 pieces of sushi.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

Today we went out shopping in the city. I needed a new lapwarmer thing, as my old beanbag one burned in the microwave the other day. I noticed it was starting to smell like burned popcorn, and the other day it really burned. The poor beanbag thing was used to death by me, I loved it as it kept me warm and kept the pain away.

We weren't able to find a beanbag warmer thing, but I did get a small electrical heating pad :). The heating pad works wonderfully, but I did grow attached to that lil beanbag warmer thing.

While we were in town, I was able to convince OH to let me get some new Christmas decorations :). I picked up some cute gnome candle holders, and OH found some led light stars. It's one week early here to put up Xmas decorations in the house, but I did put up the candle holders I bought today :). While we were out we stopped by MAX to eat. OH ordered the same thing as me, I think it's really cute that he's trying to eat the healthier choices.

Breakfast: Oatmeal pancakes with an apple.

Snack: Handful of crisps.

Lunch: MAX delifresh chicken burger, one falafel, and very iced down cola. Only drank half after like two hours.

Snack: 2 falafels.

Dinner: Pork chilli from the freezer.

Overall I had a much better GL day. We dinner a little early tonight, so I did end up having a snack. I made homemade hot cocoa, this time I made less, and only added a little bit of agave syrup. OH baked some berries with walnuts and dark chocolate. I ate a little of that with a small amount of ice cream. So even though I had dessert they were low-medium GL and not sugary.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with strawberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Lunch: Borscht soup from the freezer, with 1 slice of rye bread with butter.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Dinner: Pork, bell pepper and mushroom in tomato sauce with wholegrain spelt and durum pasta.

Snack: ½ a mug of homemade hot cocoa with a little agave syrup. Baked blackberries, raspberries and walnuts in dark chocolate with two small spoonful of ice cream.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches and 30 minutes of yoga.

The dessert was yummy to me, but I don't think OH liked my more GL friendly hot cocoa, as it was more on the bitter end. Though I enjoyed it alot:)

I enjoyed the berry bake thing, though he thought maybe milk chocolate would have been better since the berries were sour. I didn't notice the berries being too sour, but I eat them everymorning :)

O

I almost didn't do yoga today, but I decided that I needed to burn off those crisps I had this morning:rolleyes:. The rest of the food was good today, so complaints from this end today :).

Breakfast: Oat porridge with strawberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Snack: A handful of crisps.

Lunch: 1 piece of rye bread with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate. A peeled apple and yogurt with pumpkin seeds and agave syrup.

Dinner: Pork, bell pepper and mushroom in tomato sauce with wholegrain spelt and durum pasta.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches and 30 minutes of yoga.

Well done on a good day.

I'm exhausted today. It's been a really busy day from early this morning until just now. The bed sounds so nice now.

OH has been begging to eat Tonkatsu (Japanese pork cutlets) for some days now. Finally had all the ingredients to make them today. It wasn't low GL but they're so delicious. The only bad thing about living out here is that I have to make everything completely from scratch so it takes hours. But it comes out really yummy.

Snack: Japanese green tea, and 1 choco digestive.

Lunch: 1 piece of rye bread with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate. Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds.

Dinner: Pork tonkatsu, seaweed and onion miso soup, cabbage salad with sesame seed dressing, and barley/oat/basmati rice/sun rice mix.

Wow, your food sounds just mouthwatering. I can almost taste it! Luck for your OH to get such fab treats!

Had a pretty good day food wise. Also the fact that I didn't have to cook is always a major plus :)

Snack: 1 choco digestive.

Lunch: Pork tonkatsu, seaweed and onion miso soup, cabbage salad with sesame seed dressing, and barley/oat/basmati rice/sun rice mix.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate. Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, and a peeled apple.

Dinner: Pork tonkatsu, seaweed and onion miso soup, cabbage salad with sesame seed dressing, and barley/oat/basmati rice/sun rice mix.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

Wow, your food sounds just mouthwatering. I can almost taste it! Luck for your OH to get such fab treats!

My OH deserves to be spoiled ever now and then :)

Back