Cali Sweden's Diary

Happy Thanksgiving Cali! Are you doing anything to celebrate? We're passing this year as it's just too close to us hosting Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving Plum!

We aren't planning anything this year. Well honestly I'm not much for Turkey. I love stuffing and yams and all the side dishes, just not that turkey aftertaste. But if it's a deep fried Turkey then it's a whole different story. My brother got me hooked to deep fried Turkey. He had a huge turkey fryer that could hold a huge turkey in it. Deep fried makes everything taste better >_<

They don't have deep fryers big enough for a small turkey here. Plus would be a total waste, I haven't used my deep fryer for almost a year now. Thinking about tossing it out. I have been interested in getting an actifry. Would be nice to see the Actifry machine made in a turkey size edition.

Mmm deep-fried turkey! I do wonder who the first person to try it was, they were very enterprising I think. ;)

I like the Actifry, it's nice if you like to cook those sorts of foods and use healthy oils. It's not the same as deepfrying of course but it's easier than roasting things in the oven because it stirs them for you. :) I keep meaning to be more adventurous with it but always forget until it's too late!

I would have never ever thought about deep frying a whole turkey. I love cooking with healthy oils. I imagined the actifry is sort of like an oven in the way it makes things crunchy. Let me know if you try any adventurous things with the actifry. Also let me know how it tastes too :)

Happy thanksgiving, Ladies.

Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow morning. The scale has been going up and down all week long, with crazy ups and downs. But totm is coming and feel like a water buffalo. As OH says during these times of the month I should really just ignore the scale.

I've been really trying to keep the cravings in check this time. But oh well, and not that I've been a prefect low GL angel lately. So we'll see what the scale says in the morning.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with strawberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and soy milk.

Snack: 1 choco digestive.

Lunch: 1 slice of rye bread with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate. Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, and a peeled apple. 1 choco digestive.

Dinner: Japanese style stuffed bell peppers, seaweed and onion miso soup, cabbage salad with sesame seed dressing, and barley/oat/basmati rice/sun rice mix.

Sun rice is brand from Australia, it's a medium grain rice. It's the closest thing to Japanese rice I can get here. Back in the states, I used to buy Cal-rose rice (medium grain), and in Japan of course koshi hikari (short grain).

I love my sticky rice:) The great thing about mixing oats and barley with the basmati rice it makes the rice clump together :)

those deep fat friers big enough to fit a whole turkey in must be huge!!

My friend told me she was going to get us an actifry as our wedding present, but then forgot all about it! But they look pretty good.

Sadly to say that this week I expected a not so good week. I've seen the scale jump up and down all week long. It's amazing how water rentention for totm can really affect the scale. Also can't deny the fact that I have been eating some naughty things from my cravings. But I've kept them in really good control. The naughty things I ate weren't so different everyday, and my food portions weren't different than normal. Every morning I stepped on the scale it'd give me one day a +2 lbs (O.O), then next day down 1.5 lbs, next day up another pound, and so on and so forth.

So I was expecting the worst this week on weigh in day. The thing I kept thinking was "Oh dear it's going to be at least a 2 lbs weight gain." I knew from the other week that no matter what the scale tells me I shouldn't starve myself and go hungry. OH kept telling me to avoid the scale this week, but the scale addict in me has to weigh myself everyday.

This morning when I walked up to that dreaded scale of mine on weigh in, I expected to see 160-161 lbs on that scale. To my surprise, it read 158.6 lbs. Yes it is a plus, but it's a much smaller plus than what the scale was showing on some days this week, like yesterday it was 160 lbs. I'll take the small plus over a huge plus anyday. Oddly I'm actually pleased with my weigh in this week now.

Here's the 21st weekly weight update:

+.6 lbs (+.27kg) totm

Total amount since started: -20.2 lbs (-9.18kg)

Good for you minimising the totm gain. .6 is a great result and it plus another but will be gone by next week.
Just keep doing what you're doing as it is working for you.
Good job, Cali!

That's a tiny gain for TOTM, well done! :) You sound like you're on the right path to have a sensible week and I'm sure that water weight will soon be gone.

Woke up late today, so we ate brunch instead of breakfast or lunch. I wasn't really hungry all day and while we were out we picked up pizzas. Thankfully the pizzas here are super thin crust, and it also comes with cabbage salad. I turned down McDonald's so I think I made the better choice while eating out. Okay that's sort of a lie, since I did grab a limited time Toberlone McFlurry. Pretty strange that I don't crave McDs or french fries anymore. OH ordered a Kebab pizza with french fries on top. It's a very common type of pizza here in Sweden. I took a small piece of kebab and fry from his, and the kebab part was really good, the fry part was bleh to me. I'm so glad I got rid of my french fries or potato addiction :).

Today was a really off day on low GL. Though not too stressed since it's a Friday, and totm.

Brunch: Japanese style stuffed bell peppers, seaweed and barley/oat/basmati rice/medium grain rice mix.

Snack: 2 choco digestives.

Snack: Some of Allévo bar.

Dinner: 1/2 thin crust Hawaiian pizza and cabbage salad.

Snack: Toberlone McFlurry, and popcorn.

Hope the weekend has been good for you Cali. A new week tomorrow so any weekend damage can be undone.

Today is a new day and a new start. Didn't have the best or worst GL weekend. Had a pretty busy weekend, so I wasn't able to write. Today will be strict low GL day for me :)

Hope your day was as successful as you hoped. It's great that you have lost the craving for McD food and had a healthier choice. :)

Today was a much better day. I'm not as hungry now either, thank goodness. Too bad there isn't an off button for totm cravings.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and milk.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Lunch: 1 slice of rye bread with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: a cup of rooibos and two small clementines.

Dinner: Shoga yaki (Japanese ginger pork), cabbage salad with sesame dressing, aurbergine and onion miso soup, barley/oat/basmati rice/ medium grain rice mix.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

It's not dinner time for me, but I already know what I will be eating :). Leftovers!!! I love it :).

Foodwise, it's been a really good day. I made some Almond jelly last night for today. I made it for my cousin-inlaw as she's interested in Japanese culture and foods. I had a small one with her.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with strawberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and milk.

Lunch: Shoga yaki (Japanese ginger pork), cabbage salad with sesame dressing, aurbergine and onion miso soup, barley/oat/basmati rice/ medium grain rice mix.

Snack: Annin dofu (Almond jelly).

Snack: one small clementine, and cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds.

Dinner: Shoga yaki (Japanese ginger pork), cabbage salad with sesame dressing, aurbergine and onion miso soup, barley/oat/basmati rice/ medium grain rice mix.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

Back