Cali Sweden's Diary

I thought they shrank when you gained and are now restored to their former glory. Bigger cup but smaller band size.

:D :D :D

When I went to the grocery store today, I noticed that they had a bigger selection of healthier breads. They even had LCHF breads (low carb breads), and gulten free breads. I was really shocked to see them there. I did find a soft bread made from 100% whole grain rye flour. I read the label like crazy making sure it didn't have anything awful in it. I ate it tonight with dinner :).

Breakfast: Oat porridge with flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, black berries, agave syrup and soy milk.

Lunch: 1 slice of rye bread with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: a clementine and some popcorn.

Snack: 2 piece of dark chocolate.

Dinner: Chicken katsu sandwhich (2 rye bread slices) and cucumber kimichi.

Yesterdays menu sounds yummy
Making my mouth water a little and that porridge sounds delicious may have to try that out some time

I'm really tired today, I didn't get much sleep last night. So I decided to write my food log now, since I might go to bed early tonight. I know what I'll have for dinner, so I'm going to fill it in:) Unfortunately, I'm way too sleepy to do yoga today >_<.

I had a guest over today, so we had Japanese green tea and choco digestives. I'm going to count those two as part of my 80/20 rule.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, black berries, agave syrup and milk.

Snack: Japanese green tea and a choco digestive.

Lunch: Grilled ham, cheese, bell pepper and tomato sandwich made with 2 rye bread slices.

Snack: a clementine (earlier), cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, and an apple.

Dinner: BLT sandwich, using rye bread slices and lots of tomatoes and green lettuce.

I wasn't feeling too wonderful the past two days. So I ended up sleeping for about 11 hours today. I woke up feeling much better than yesterday, but still a little bleh:( Most likely I'm fighting a cold, my OH brought home last week.

At least I felt more energetic than the past couple of days, so I was able to do yoga :) Yippie! I really don't like it when I don't do yoga for more than a couple of days. I always feel like I'm somehow going to magically puff up in size if I don't do yoga :p

Brunch: Grilled ham, cheese, bell pepper and tomato sandwich made with 2 rye bread slices.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Snack: Two clementines (earlier), 1 choco digestive.

Dinner: Tuna melt, using rye bread slices and lots of tomatoes and bell pepper.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 35 minutes of yoga.

Glad you're feeling a bit better today. Having a cold is horrible; you're not really ill enough to go to bed, but yet not really well enough to keep going as normal. Hope you're feeling 100% again soon.

I like the sound of your tuna melt. I think that I have some rye bread lurking in my freezer; I may copy that one day this week.

Hope the cold goes away quickly. Food looks good though!

Hi CaliSweden
Which rye bread do you buy as I am confused ....I have been buying the german rye (pumpernickel) but the serving is 30g and this a half one of those long slices ....but is the rye and sunflower acceptable??

I don't have a cold offically yet, but it does feel like I'm catching it or fighting the symptons of the cold this week.

I usually eat really seedy and grainy rye bread, almost like a pumpernickel, or I use crispbread. The grainy and seedy rye breads make great open faced or toasted sandwiches.

Though this week I discovered a new type of rye bread at the local store, which is a soft rye bread, so I've been eating that this week. I'm not sure if they have this bread in the UK, as I live in Sweden and it's a Swedish bread company that makes this new type of bread.

Today was one of my "I don't feel like eating meat" days. I'm not vegetarian, but there are times when the thought of meat just grosses me out, or the taste of it just isn't pleasing. Luckly I had some Alaskan Pollock in the freezer, I know fish is still meat but somehow I am still able to eat fish on these "I don't feel like meat" days.

I coated the fish in wholegrain spelt flour to give it a nice crunchy surface. It came out really yummy, and it was very satisfying. Luckly my OH enjoys speltflour now too:)

Breakfast: Oat porridge with sunflower seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, raspberries, milk and agave syrup.

Lunch: 2 slices of rye bread, one with peanut butter and jam, the other with räkost (Swedish soft cheese shrimp flavored).

Snack: Two clementines (earlier), 1 choco digestive.

Dinner: Spelt flour coated Alaskan Pollock, carrots, onion, garlic, whole grain brown rice pilaf. Of course lots of lemon for my fish :)

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 35 minutes of yoga.

I wasn't so strict this week with my low GL eating, but I did pretty okay. My stomach feels better than during the holidays where I was eating way too much high GL foods. I don't get bloated stomachs or acid burns, so that's always a plus with low GL foods :)

I still have 2.8 lbs left to lose from my holiday weight gain. Slowly but surely I'll get there.

Here's the 28th weekly weight update:

-1.0 lbs (-.45kg)

Total amount since started: -18.2 lbs (-8.27kg)

Well done on the loss!!!
I know what you mean about it just making you feel better! I used to get awful stomach crap and regular heart burn but I don't get it anymore it's such a good feeling
And the energy this type of food gives you is amazing I get everything done and more most days now and I never sit in front of the Telly because I find it boring now!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Almost forgot the recipe for the cookies
100g dried apricots
100g of ground almonds
100g of caster sugar
50g of plain flour
2 egg whites at room temp

Preheat oven to 170c and line a baking tray with non stick paper (2 trays of you have 2)
Place apricots, almonds, sugar and flour in a bowl and mix well
Whisk egg whites until frothy and add to apricot mixture an mix until combined
With slightly wet hand shape table spoon fills into balls then place in tray and pat down
Bake for around 15 mins ( I turned mine over and cooked the underneath for 5 more mins just to get a crispy outside and soft inside)
It should make 12-16 cookies and each are about 90 calories

Well done Cali. You are definitely back in the groove. I agree how our systems feel so much better when we eat the right foods.

Well done on the loss!!!
I know what you mean about it just making you feel better! I used to get awful stomach crap and regular heart burn but I don't get it anymore it's such a good feeling
And the energy this type of food gives you is amazing I get everything done and more most days now and I never sit in front of the Telly because I find it boring now!

One of the first things I noticed about being on low GL when I first started was the amount of energy I had. It's great that you are noticing the new amount of energy you have from low GL too :)

Thank you for the recipe! I'll have to try it out one of these days :)

I feel pretty good today from this week's weightloss:). I had a few too many choco digestives today, but it is Friday and my food weekend. So 80/20 rule :)

Tonight's dinner was oven baked duck breast fillet. OH has been wanting to eat it for awhile now, so tonight we made dinner together. OH wanted potatoes with dinner, but luckly I had 3 baked sweet potatoes leftover in the freezer from making my Christmas sweet potato pie, and decided to make into mashed sweet potatoes. I looked up the GI of sweet potatoes and it was low at 51.

Brunch: Spelt flour coated Alaskan Pollock, carrots, onion, garlic, whole grain brown rice pilaf. Of course lots of lemon for my fish :)

Snack: Two clementines, 3 choco digestives. (Spread throughout the afternoon).

Dinner: ½Duck breast fillet, mashed sweet potatoes, and green beans.

Snack: 1 clementine and 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

Your food sounds delish!

I am quite jealous of you with your yoga. It's something that I have always wanted to try, but I am so unflexible. Maybe next year when my wee boy starts school, I will have enough spare time to get to a class.

Back