Cali Sweden's Diary

Thank you skerry. I really like my rice mix. I found that it was impossible for me to give up eating rice as I eat a lot of Asian foods. So I found a way to adjust it to a low GL way:)

Ohh the daffodils sound nice. Here it's become really cold last week and this week. Winter weather has really arrived, even though it was late this year.

My knee isn't that good yet, but it was good enough to at least do yoga:) So I'm really happy about that. A little nervous about weigh in tomorrow, since the scale jumped up this morning. I don't know how, but it did. So we'll see what happens in the morning.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with blackberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate and a clementine.

Lunch: Grilled ham and cheese sandwich with tomatoes and bellpeppers, and tomato salad on the side.

Snack: clementine.

Dinner: Korvstroganoff (lots of bellpeppers, tomatoes, onions and garlic) with oat/barley/buckwheat/rice mix.

Exercise: Pushups, several boat pose, and 35 minutes of yoga.

Darn me, well it's just as I thought or as OH keeps saying that totm is on it's way. In the past two days I gained over 1 lb. I haven't been eating over my usual portions, and I haven't been snacking on naughty things. But when the body starts retaining water for totm, there isn't much to do.

So sadly to say that this week I have a gain. I'm not going to cheat and use my low weight from the other day. I feel cheated everytime totm comes near, but I'm sure a lot of other women feels the same way too.

Here's the 30th weekly weight update:

+1.0 lbs (+.45kg)

Total amount since started: -18.0 lbs (-8.18kg)

It's been one very busy busy weekend for me. I'm a bit worn out today, but I still have to finish up cleaning house, just taking a small break. Food hasn't been the nicest, but I haven't been home. Yesterday from 7am I was on the go, we helped a friend move all day. Did I mention the temp was -4 to -6 yesterday, by the ocean. So it was a lot of lifting, carrying up and down stairs. We did that until about 20:00, of course with a couple of breaks to eat.

I don't think I can do yoga for a couple of days. I'm a lucky owner of a huge knot in my shoulder from yesterday, and my knee that was messed up from earlier in the week, hurts even more. I am happy to say that I feel really good for how much physical work we did yesterday in the cold. But I was layered in lots of leggings and things to stay extra warm. I am much stronger than I thought, I was prepared to have to rest and not continue on incase my body decided to be bad, but it didn't. I was really happy about that :).

Hopefully my shoulder will be much better so I can do yoga. I am still having trouble moving my right arm without pain. The knot is a bit smaller, so knock on wood, that tomorrow it'll be gone :)

Breakfast: Oat porridge with straw berries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Snack: 1 thin rice cracker with Japanese green tea.

Lunch: Japanese currywith oat/barley/buckwheat/rice mix.

Snack: clementine, 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Dinner: Japanese currywith oat/barley/buckwheat/rice mix.

Sounds lovely
Very Japanese today delicious
Hope your shoulder is feeling well soon!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you Laurenista! Yes, it's a Japanese type of day today. My in-law comes over for Japanese lessons, and I try to introduce her to Japanese foods as well:).

I'm using one of those handheld massage thing on my shoulder. Hoping it will help loosen up the knot >_<.

My shoulder is better today, but still stiff. I've been using the massager on it, and it's helping. Really hope it'll be better tomorrow. I don't enjoy not doing yoga for this long. >_<

Breakfast: Oat porridge with strawberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Lunch: Grilled cheese, ham and tomato sandwich, made of rye bread.

Dinner: Japanese currywith oat/barley/buckwheat/rice mix.

My shoulder felt better today so I did my exercise. I didn't get to do the whole routine, but some is better than none:). My shoulder does feel much stiffer now.

I decided to make soup today. It's getting colder here, and I thought that soup would be very comforting. Also it helps keeps me warm:).

Breakfast: Oat porridge with strawberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Snack: Apple and ham.

Lunch: Veggie and sausage soup with a slice of rye bread.

Dinner: Veggie and sausage soup with two slices of rye bread.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 21 minutes of yoga.

I woke up really sore today, so I didn't do my exercise. My scale seems to be broken, one of the legs is wobbly and moves. Looks like I'll have to go find a new scale, hopefully I can do that this weekend.

Not sure how tomorrow's weigh in will be. Also not sure if I can really trust what the scale says. If you move it around it jumps in weight like 25 lbs. So we'll see how things will look in the morning.

Brunch: Veggie and sausage soup with two slices of rye bread.

Snack: A slice of rye bread with peanut butter and jam.

Dinner: Veggie and sausage soup with one slice of rye bread.

I need a new scale. So I'm a bit iffy on what it reads. I make sure jump on the scale several times to see what it reads. I went to look for a scale today, though the one I wanted was sold out. It's one that does the fat and muscle reading, and saves your info. I almost bought the other one that was there, and my OH reminded me that I wouldn't be happy with it, since I already have my mind set on the nice one.

I've decided to wait a couple of weeks, and hopefully by then they will have the scale I want back in stock. My scale isn't perfect, but I can wait for the scale I want:)

Here's the 31st weekly weight update:

-0.4 lbs (-.18kg) Totm

Total amount since started: -18.4 lbs (-8.36kg)

Tonight's food was really yummy. I was actually hoping to make spinach curry, but I didn't have any spinach. What I thought was a bag of frozen spinach was a bag of frozen kale. My OH thought kale curry sounded horrible, but in the end it turned out really yummy:) Doesn't hurt to try and experiment with what's in the house:)

Brunch: Oat porridge with apples, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Snack: clementine.

Snack: 2 clementines, 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Dinner: Chicken tandori, kale curry with a boiled egg, basmati rice/barley/oat mix.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

Kale curry sounds interesting; it's always good to improvise.

That's a good amount of weight that you have lost since starting.

Thank you Skerry:) I'm still tryign to lose my Xmas gain. Slowly but surely I'll get there:)

The kale curry was really yummy. It tastes pretty similar to spinach curry:)

It was a leftover kind of day today:) I can't complain about that. I have to admit that the curry was really yummy.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with strawberries and raspberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Lunch: Chicken tandori, kale curry with a boiled egg, basmati rice/barley/oat mix.

Snack: 2 clementines, 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Snack: 1 slice of rye bread with reindeer soft cheese.

Dinner: Chicken tandori, kale curry with a boiled egg, basmati rice/barley/oat mix.

Goodness me - reindeer cheese! What's it like? I imagine it would be more like a sheeps or goats cheese?

(yay leftovers!)

It's actually a soft Swedish cheese that comes in a tube or a tub. It comes with all sorts of flavors, my favorites are smoked reindeer, bacon, and shrimp. It has actually pieces of meat in it. Really yummy, though not too sure if it's low cal.

I bought some fruits yesterday, I thought it's better to eat fruits than some naughty things. I'm trying to be better this week. So I passed up buying a semla, which looked really good, and got grapes instead.

Brunch: Grilled ham, cheese, tomato, and mushroom sandwich; made from 2 rye slices.

Snack: clementine and grapes.

Dinner: Grilled ham, cheese, tomato, and mushroom sandwich; made from 2 rye slices. With a handful of grapes.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

Back