Cali Sweden's Diary

Cali, how are you doing? Ok, I hope!

Aw Cali I'm not sure how I missed your post. :( So sorry to hear about your dog. :( How are you doing? Hope you're ok.

x

Hello Ladies, I just got back home last night. Which means that I'll start posting regularly again. Though I need to get over the jetlag, so I can be on regular eating schedule again. Not easy to kick in full gear when I'm sleepy or wide awake at the strangest times.

Welcome back Cali!!! Hope your rested soon, jet lag can be a drag. You'll be on track foodwise in no time.

Good morning Molly! It's nice to be back, and get ready to kick back into high gear again. Can't wait for the jetlag to be done and over with, though sadly it might take a good week or two since I was gone for so long. I'm suffering from Jetlag as we speak, I've been up since 4:30am, and only slept for two hours. But I'm not tired now, I'm usually the if I don't get my eight hours of sleep I turn into an ugly monster type.

Being in the land of lots of food and over indulgence hasn't been easy. I know I put on weight while I was gone. But I'm avoiding the scale right now as I know the traveling has made me eat at strange times and I didn't get the best of sleep lately which makes me retain water. Hopefully by the beginning of the week I will be ready to kick into high gear with low GL :)

I'm having horrible jetlag today. I finally fell asleep at 15:00 to about 18:30, then my OH woke me up, so I wouldn't be wide awake a midnight. My eating times were all over the place because of my jetlag. I didn't have the healthiest eating today, though compared to the sins I was eating while on vacation it's a lot closer to low GL.

Hopefully the weather gets warmer here soon, it feels like winter here compared to the past two months of wonderful weather I was able to enjoy.

A couple of wonderful non-scale victories while I was away: I bought smaller size clothes, even 3 pairs of jeans that fit (no more too big size jeans). I even bought a two piece swimsuit, one of those halter top bikini tops(like a tanktop) and bikini shorts. It's not my small bikini, but at least I was able to proudly put on a swimsuit and jump into the pool without feeling uncomfortable about my body. I got a lot of compliments on how great I look and how much weight I lost from last year when my family saw me. My OH and I offically tied the knot, though we've considered ourselves married since we moved into together. The only bad thing is that I had the worst case of pink eye infection in history when we got married, and so there were only a few pictures taken.

Breakfast: Musli with pumpkin seeds and milk.

Lunch: Schnitzel salad.

Snack: 1 cranberry granola bar.

Dinner: 2 slices of rye (with nuts) bread, butter, chicken slices and tomatoes sandwhich.

Oh Cali!! Many happy congratulations on getting married. Are we going to see a picture if you looking über gorgeous on the day?
Well done on all the fab compliments you got while at home. It makes all your hard work worth it.

Lovely to see you back, Cali, and biggest congratulations on your wedding. :) I second Molly's question. ;)

And what great NSVs you've been having too. :D

We didn't have a proper wedding. We're hoping that oneday we can have a ceremony in Hawaii or somewhere exotic. I have really bad luck or timing, since I haven't had an eye infection in many many long years. Two days before my date to get married my right eye decides to do its own thing. My right eyeball swelled up like a ballon, and the surrounding area looked like someone punched me. The last week I was there people gave me the strangest looks because of my eye, like I had Ebola or something. Noone wants to be near someone with an infected eye. I opted not to take many pics or go get professional ones at this time, since my eye didn't clear up until it was time to go home.

So sadly I will not share my pictures of that lovely day with anyone:( Darn you eye infection!!! :copon::rant2:

Second what Plum says. Just glad you are well and happy!!

There won't be a weigh in tomorrow, as my scale is offically past it's expiration date. I forgot my scale here at home was in bad shape until I tried using it recently. Now it reads 0, error, or 300 lbs (I think that is the max on the scale). I know I don't weigh any of those three numbers that it keeps showing.

I tried looking for a scale locally yesterday, but wasn't able to find one. Hopefully this weekend I can drive out to the city to pick one up. So until I find my scale, it will be weight will be a bit of a mystery.

On a good note, I finally slept through a whole night last night :). That's the first time in a week. I pushed myself really hard yesterday to stay up off of 3 hours of sleep. The not so good thing is that I'm catching a cold :( I'm going to take it a little easy today, and hope that this cold will go away.

Hooray for conquering jet lag! It's so difficult but you've done the best thing by forcing yourself to stay up for a whole 'daytime'. If you're a bit sniffly your body might just be reacting to being overtired so hopefully it will pass quickly! Look after yourself. :)

Sorry to hear about your scales. :( I guess you tried it with new batteries? It's always very unhelpful when they just say 'Err' isn't it!

It has new batteries in it. It was acting up a little bit before I left, but now it's completely a goner. One of the legs is broken. Poor scale has been through alot. My OH says that I do abuse the poor scale, as I like to weigh myself at least twice a day. So he says that instead of the scale being 3 years old, it's more like ten years old >_<. Gotta admit I'm a total scale addict.

I'm hoping the staying up all day thing wore my body out a little, and it will get better. I'm going to pass on exercise today so I won't get too fatigued. Yesterday I did a little lighter version of exercise, and I was out running around town, so I really wore myself out.

Today I went to out to the city to find a scale. Luckly, the scale I've been wanting for awhile was finally in stock:). I felt like it was Xmas seeing a pile of the scales in stock:party0049:. Now the scale addiction will begin again:ashamed0005:!

I have tried for the last week not to weigh in the morning - but still do it at night lol do kind of know what it "might" be in the morning! My scales are actually 10 years old and have travelled from the otherside of the world ;) and have been glued back together and still work lol

That's a really strong scale, it needs to be inducted to the scale hall of fame:)
. I superglued the scale before this one that broke. But after moving, it decided that it didn't want to go on anymore. I have a large dog, and when she was a puppy/young dog she'd accidently stampede on the scales. So that's what happened to the first two scales. The last scale lasted a lot longer :)

Mine were a Free gift when we bought loads of DIY stuff - I had about £50 to spend and the only thing I liked that was that price was the scales - heck there is only so much DIY stuff you want or need! Lol

image-3005369710.jpg

Back