Calling all 100%ers

Good morning all - day off for me today, yay!
I'm a little sore and bruised today following an accident in the night (!). I woke up to go to the loo and, as always, didn't turn any lights on. I was crossing the top of the stairs and tripped over my cat (waiting to ambush me in the dark), went flying and landed with a massive (and I mean massive) bang on my left knee. OH came rushing out of the bedroom to find me sprawled across the landing moaning and whining, very attractive (the cat had scarpered of course!). I now have a sore - and attractively carpet burned - knee, as well as a sore hip, arm and ankle. My daughter of course slept through the whole thing and when I told her this morning she looked at my fat red knee and said I'm being a drama queen!
No sympathy for me then.

Anyway, mix to max day for me today'

B beans, w/meal toast (B), egg
L stewing steak, veg, yoghurt
D chicken curry, spicy potatoes (B)

Milk for brews
Fruit for snacks
Syns - vino (enough to take the pain away from my knee!)

Think I'll spend the day doing a little housework (nothing too strenuous, may have to play on the knee injury a bit so OH does it all this weekend!) wrapping pressies, studying, bit of daytime TV (loving Jeremy Kyle and the tracksuit wearing dobbers).

Still no Christmas decs up in my house - a little early for me, I usually go for the weekend before the big day, but lots up in the neighbourhood. That said, I may try a little earlier this year to try and capture a little Christmas spirit, it seems to be eluding me at the moment.

How are all you lovely 100%ers? Hope you're all motiviated for a good weekend and get the losses you deserve at next WI.
X

aiming for a good weekend... however 2 huge challenges- I'm going to spend Saturday and Sunday writing an essay for an open university course I'm doing, when I'm studying i get bored easily and start opeing kitchen cupboards... and yeah you guessed it, look for food! Must buy fruit to snack on and not biscuits!

Then Saturday night I'm meeting up with some old school friends who I've not seen in years, and that'll probably result in a few drinks! I'll have to be really good syn wise next week to counteract this!

You'll be fine hun, just make loads of SW friendly food first e.g. soups, quiche etc, that way you can pick at them when you're hungry.

Good luck for the weekend.... I'm going to be hugely tested too! x

Morning all - flippin' cold here today and a bit more snow fell in the night.

Red day today for me:-

Brunch - sausages, bacon, mush, toms, beans (B)
Dinner - beef ghoulash, veg, potatoes (B)

Milk for brews (A), fruit for snacks.

No syns today as I went for lunch yesterday (tapas) and have no idea what the syns were.
I had some salmon pieces in a chilli sauce (they were fried and in breadcrumbs, I didn't realsie they would be) and some roasted red peppers in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, a slice of french bread. Also had a massive potato wedge (fried) and a spicy meatball and a bit of beef in a chilli sauce.
So if I say all my syns from yesterday and today went on tapas, I think I should be ok!

Not sure what I'm doing today, but we need to get out of the house this afternoon, my daughter has her friend coming round to watch Mamma Mia, so can't bear the thought of the giggling and shrieking that will go on!

Have a good one everyone.
X

Morning all!!!
Well....from Thursday until last night, I wasnt 100%......ooops!
I had a works conference and Christmas Party combined, plus travel to Wales,Harrogate and Hampshire in a day!
Anyway....I am back to 100% again...well until this Saturday when I have another works Christmas bash :(
If I stay the same, I will be happy, but if I've gained, then I know why!
How is everyone this cold and frosty morning??

Kerry-Ann
xx

Only half a pound off for me this week - I really do have a strange pattern of losses, 4 or so weeks at half, a pound or pound and half followed by a big three to four pounds then back to the little ones again. I've learned to accept it now and look at it over the long term to stop me getting disappointed. Half off is still in the right direction.

I made a quorn chilli on Sunday to have with jackets and it was surprisingly good - I'm not generally a fan of quorn, bit of a strange spongy texture, but it'll do (until the new plan when I believe I can have the meat AND the spud - yay!!! Roll on January!)

OH is going on the footie tonight so its just me and daughter and veggie pasta for dinner.

Any losses to report luvvies?

I didnt lose this week, stayed the same this week, but after Thursday to Sunday not sticking to the plan, I am really happy that this has happened.
I have another Christmas bash this weekend too, but its only for the evening and as Im designated driver, I will be on soft drinks all night! Wooo Hooo!!!

Hey Melanie I'm still here. Fell off the wagon big time over the weekend as I went back to Reading to visit my best friends but I'm back on it 100% since today.

Yay - starting to think it was just down to me and Mrs V!
Well done for getting right back on the plan again, damage limitation is the key. Hope you had a lovely break.

I'm still here, just forgot to post [doh!] Still 100% but only a pound off this week. c'est la vie.. .and at least it's off :D

It gets a little disappointing when you know you've stuck to the plan but only get a small loss, but I try to look at it over the long term rather than week by week as I know my losses have an odd pattern to them. It also helps as sometimes a disappointing result can affect motivation, so a loss is a loss and a step nearer to goal, nearer than the week before.
Here's to another 100% week.

I had a lovely time thanks. Didn't realise just how much I would miss apples and other healthy food. In fact just eating everything in sight made me realise again just how crap it makes me feel.

Which is good to remind yourself of from time to time to keep yourself on plan when things get tough. Although the 'treats' taste great at the time, it doesn't last long, you start to feel guilty, then the yucky sluggish bloated feeling kicks in. But oh how quickly we forget.....:8855:

Hey folks.
Glad we still have some 100%ers on board.

Good day SW wise for me so far but I'm really tired and ready for the weekend. Mind you, no doubt it'll be taken up with washing, cleaning, cooking etc (its sooooo hard watching my OH do all the housework I can tell you!!!). Also got loads of pressies to wrap, tree to put up, the list goes on and on - I may not have time to eat!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.
X

Good evening.
Well at WI tonight, I've lost 2.5lbs - making my loss a grand total of 3 stones exactly. I'm so pleased as I really wanted to lose 3 by Christmas. I'm exactly half way to goal.

Interesting - I picked up a copy of the new magazine Jan/Feb issue at class and it has a 7 day plan for the new plan. So I guess that means we can freely discuss it now it's out in the public arena??

Hi Melanie, Im not entirely sure about discussing the new plan yet...Im pretty certain its still hush hush...especially on here!
Well done on reaching your 3 stone target before Christmas!!! I lost 4lbs this morning, so well happy!
How is everyone else doing?

Kerry-Ann
xx

Wow - 4lbs - excellent Mrs V, go you!

Well I'm sad to say I've been ill since Sunday, a really nasty cold and my nose is now huge and red in Rudolph style (very festive). I'm not in work today - on hol this morning and a study half day this afternoon - so I'm going to keep wrapped up warm and hope I fell a little better tomorrow. At least I'll have had my dose of it by Christmas.
Talking of which, are you all prepared, pressies bought, wrapped, decs up etc? I'm just about there more or less I think.
Have a lovely day everyone - last WIs before Christmas coming up - make them good ones.
X

Back