Calling all Geordie lasses

They wah me fayvrit crisps an aal, Vicky. Betta than theez crappy Warkers ones ye get nooadayz.

ROFL DD I love it.
My blokie texts me or emails in Geordie too.
Instead of I know ,its, ea naa :)
and wor lass :D I love it!

Ahahahhahhahahahahahaha this thread is hilarious!!!!!! - wey like aa says to me mam the utha neet ye canne whack a birra plodgin in the clarts like :)

Vicky - I wish I was married to a Geordie, I'd love to be called "wor lass"! I still miss my dad calling me "the bairn". :)

Splenderella - Wey man, it's stottin it doon at the minit. Tha'll be plentee o clarts fa ye te plodge in, hinny!

I'm not on Dukan but this thread just made me laugh my head off!!! My OH is from the north east and I still sometimes struggle to understand him. And vice versa! Earlier I was trying to say 'poor' to him and I had to repeat myself 5 times then ended up saying 'poo-er' instead and he instantly understood me!!!

lol lol lol - a Geordie goes to tea with the Queen who says 'a meringue?' Geordie replies 'nar hinny ye wa reet the forst time like' ;)

pmsl i love it :)

I don't get it!

I don't get it!

A translation from Geordie to Posh, especially for Jo and RB:

"A meringue?" in Posh sounds very much like the Geordie question "Am ah wrang?", meaning "Am I wrong?"

To which the correct answer in Geordie is "'nar hinny ye wa reet the forst time like'. Translates into Posh as: "No, dear, you were correct the first time, as it were."

:D

A question for all Geordies, please. How do you pronounce "master" and "plaster"?

I've always pronounced the "a" as in "cat", but was recently shocked that the rest of my family (and we are so incredibly NOT posh!) pronouce the "a" as "arrr" so it sounds like "marster".

At first, I thought that they were having me on, but I really think they mean it.

Am ah wrang or am ah reet?

Whey hinny aa pronoonce master and plaster with an arrrr but nowt else like disaster is an 'a' and b'stard with an 'a' for example :) but me bairn sez it wi an 'a' soh duz that mek uz posha than me bairn? Mwah

Apologies to the faint hearted but to continue with the Dukan connotation thing I dunno if you ever saw Titty Titty Bang Bang but the line 'duck 'n' chips' just came to mind and I may have had just 'a little bit of seepage' ahahahahahahah!

Whey hinny aa pronoonce master and plaster with an arrrr but nowt else like disaster is an 'a' and b'stard with an 'a' for example :) but me bairn sez it wi an 'a' soh duz that mek uz posha than me bairn? Mwah

That meks yoo as posh as me famlee! Sounds lyk a canny bairn, tho.

DD - spotted your interest in Adam Ant on another thread - hes on in toon the morra neet at the O2 Clurb - tickets 22 pund fiftee.

morning girls x

Morning lasses are yus alreet? Im reet canny like cos am spending my weekend with some belting people. Hope yus all have a good one like :)

Back