Calling all those 'Healthy eating' or 'Changing lifestyle'

Hi. :)

I suppose healthy eating and lifestyle is what I am going for. The idea of a particular diet just doesn't seem something I could manage.

Liam

x x

:) hey everyone , ive seen a lot of you on diff threads but incase you dont know me im kiira :) from north wales.. started in february at 24 stoneish and im 13 stone 7lbs now.

before id sit in bed all day depressed with myself & my daily eatings would be

breakie ... a couple of takeaway bacon & egg baps with prob a milkshake

midmorning , chocolate crisps and other sweet things

lunch frozen pizza

tea- chinese takeaway

nightime - more snacking.. i remember once i sat and ate a whole multipack of walkers crisps (6 bags) in one day =[

NOW i dont eat snacks accept snacka jacks or rivita minis. if i eat choc its reduced fat ones that fit in with my healthy eating plans.

daily food is now.

breakie - bran flakes with sultanas & nat yogurt or skimmed milk.
mid mornin- banana or bag snacka jacks
lunch- chicken salad with wrap or pitta and muller yogurt.
Tea-time- jacket potato quorn and veggies (or fish with veggies) some nights ill have a ww meal with veggies but i check the labels make sure its healthy..

i dont eat bread anymore unless its nimble

so looking at this its no wonder why ive lost the weight ive completly changed my habits and ill never want to return back to that place i was..infact im so scared of going back there

nice to read all your posts and heres to a steady healthy loss xx

So today's menu....

B - Oats so simple with apricots and sultanas
L - half a tuna and cue sandwich with a squirt of very low fat mayo
D - Spaghetti bolognaise and low fat garlic bread

Snacks - french fries, fruit and jelly pot, banana, nature valley bar

Drinks - Water, flavoured water, 1 healthy options hot choc

Been to the gym this morning and did 10 mins walking 15 mins running, 10 mins bike, 10 mins rower, 10 mins sit ups/ press ups, 50 reps each leg on the inner/outer thigh machine :D

Hope your all well ;)

Well done Elizabeth, thats fantastic and keep up the good work!!

Let me know what a typical daily menu is for you...I love to pick up new tips....

Cheers,

Thanks hon, my eating now is completely based around fruit and vegetables, pasta, rice and pulses - I eat freely of all these, and cook my main meal from scratch every day. I have practically no processed or convenience food now.

I usually have no appetite in the morning because I eat my main meal quite late in the evening, so breakfast is invariably a fruit smoothie made with a little fresh fruit juice and whatever is to hand - banana, strawberries, mango, papaya. I sometimes use frozen berries too as they're supposed to be very good for you.

Lunch will either be a portion of homemade soup, or a cous-cous salad, or a big sausage sandwich made with Linda McCartney sausages on wholegrain bread, with lots of salad. I make big pots of lovely homemade soup on days off from work, and freeze them in individual portions which are so handy for when you get in, or to take to work if you have a microwave.

My main meal will usually be something like risotto, wholewheat pasta with homemade pasta sauce, vegetable curries with wholegrain basmati rice, or a huge stir-fry.

I don't weigh or count anything, but as my fat and sugar intake are very low indeed, there isn't really any need. I eat enough to keep me satisfied and use my own judgement about that.

If I have a special occasion where food is involved, I'll have a little of whatever I fancy, and don't worry about it. I just get back to my normal eating the next day.

So today's menu....

L - half a tuna and cue sandwich with a squirt of very low fat mayo
D - Spaghetti bolognaise and low fat garlic bread

Snacks - french fries, fruit and jelly pot, banana, nature valley bar

Drinks - Water, flavoured water, 1 healthy options hot choc

Been to the gym this morning and did 10 mins walking 15 mins running, 10 mins bike, 10 mins rower, 10 mins sit ups/ press ups, 50 reps each leg on the inner/outer thigh machine :

Hope your all well ;)
I 've noticed that a lot of people in Britain eat French Fries. Here in Canada fries are chips, what are french fries to you. Just curious.

hey guys, finished total food replacement on sunday so now im refeeding for 2 wks then on my own.

today ive had/having.

breakfast - liptrim shake
lunch - chicken salad
dinner - turkey & mixed vege.

the refeed is quite a strict plan that introduces carbs slowly so will stick to this for the nxt fortnight.

lost 3lbs yesterday, takes me to 10st 13lbs. still in shock that im in the 10s. lol

xx

Todays menu...:party0051:

B - bowl of shreddies and skimmed milk
L - Ham and pickle sarnie on wholemeal bread
D - WW frozen meal

Snacks - french fries (of course) muller light

Drinks - 1 glass of apple juice, slightly sparkling flavoured water, highlights hot choc (this is what i've been having all along but called it healthy options for some reason?!) doh!

Exercise today was boxercise at the gym for an hour and walking the school run (approx 25 mins round trip)

Can't wait for weigh in next week :cross:

Yeah once a month is much healthier, and seems to work for me. Previously i've got very obsessive with weighing, and if i haddn't lost in a day or so or i'd put any on, i'd get really disheartened and give up!! :rolleyes:

Good luck with getting back to teaching it sounds great, i'm doing hairdressing at college at the moment but I have also thought about maybe becomming a fitness instructor one day, that'd be one way of making sure I stay at goal!! :D

Todays Menu...

L - toasted sausage sarnie with brown sauce
D - 1 cheese and brocoli chicken lattice with baked Beans

Snacks - Banana, fruit and jelly pot, 2 galaxy celabrations

Drinks - slightly sparkling flavoured water

Went swimming this morning and did 60 lengths in 60 mins :p and walking the school run.

I also recieved my pedometre today, so i'm recording the distance I walk each day - and i'll use it when I run too :D

Keep smiling everyone!

hey lisa,

today ive eaten

breakfast - shake
lunch - turkey salad
dinner - jacket potato with chicken in low fat yogurt and side salad.

im allowed fruit 2moro so looking forward to that.

dont think i could wait a whole month to weigh myself, will try and weigh once a week instead of every few days.

r u counting the calories ur eating or just sticking to mainly healthy food?

i wear my pedometer everyday, make sure i get my 10,000 steps in before i go to bed.

x x

Back