Calling tall girls- 5 ft 10 inch - what's your goal weight?

letmeout

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I can't decide what my goal weight should be. I've been about this weight for a few months now and am officially at goal at club but I'm not sure it really is my goal. Trouble is I've been so fat for so long I don't know what a good weight for my height is. I don't want my face, shoulders or bum to get any thinner but think I could trim a bit of my thighs, tum and the back of my waist. I always thought women should be under 10 stone or they're fat but to be honest I can't imagine losing another two stone.
So, tall ladies, what is your frame size and target weight and why have you chosen it?
I'm 5ft 10, thought I had a large frame but on the online calculator I come out on the small side of medium !!

I'm 5'10 and my interim target is 11st :) that would put me in the middle of the healthy bmi scale and hopefully into size 12 clothes :)

Im 5 ft 10.5 and don't have an actual weight in mind. Id be happy comfortably wearing a 14... I think. Its hard to say until Im there lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins

Hi there, (waving). I am also 5' 10" and been at target now for 18 months. My original target was 10st 10lb, but I wasnt happy there so reduced further to 10st 8lb and that is my target weight. I weighed 10st 6lb today and have been that or thereabouts now as I said for 18 months. I feel happy at this size, and wear size 10 skinny jeans, which I live in. Its difficult to decide really, but you will know when you get there. Everyone is different. All I would say is reiterate what I said before,......... you will know when you get there. Dont put too much pressure on yourself. And enjoy your food and the journey. :)

Hi everyone, I can't decide what my goal weight should be. I've been about this weight for a few months now and am officially at goal at club but I'm not sure it really is my goal. Trouble is I've been so fat for so long I don't know what a good weight for my height is. I don't want my face, shoulders or bum to get any thinner but think I could trim a bit of my thighs, tum and the back of my waist. I always thought women should be under 10 stone or they're fat but to be honest I can't imagine losing another two stone.
So, tall ladies, what is your frame size and target weight and why have you chosen it?
I'm 5ft 10, thought I had a large frame but on the online calculator I come out on the small side of medium !!

I saw 5ft 10, immediatly came to mind for ideal weight, 11 1/2 stone, looked at your stats, and pretty much what you are. Remember body dysmorphia can be a real issue after losing lots of weight, and you have lost a *lot*.

I look in the mirror, and while i know i am not the person i was with nine stone of fat, in my mind i still see a fat person, just not as fat. It's how anorexic people look in the mirror and dont see a malnourished skeleton of a person, but the chubby person their mind perceives them to be.

I saw 5ft 10, immediatly came to mind for ideal weight, 11 1/2 stone, looked at your stats, and pretty much what you are. Remember body dysmorphia can be a real issue after losing lots of weight, and you have lost a *lot*.

I look in the mirror, and while i know i am not the person i was with nine stone of fat, in my mind i still see a fat person, just not as fat. It's how anorexic people look in the mirror and dont see a malnourished skeleton of a person, but the chubby person their mind perceives them to be.

You're very right about the dysmorphia Sometimes I see a skinny woman in the distance when I glimpse my reflection but if I take a good long look at myself I literally seem to get bigger before my own eyes. I wear a size 12 and some people still say I'm too thin (they are used to me being very big of course) and my BMI is under 25 so logically I know I'm not fat ! I do think another half stone off wouldn't hurt though.
Never satisfied eh?

I am 5'9 and struggling a bit with this too. I think that having been massively overweight makes it more difficult to assess what a target should be because it is so far removed from where you started it all seems a bit unreal. Whe I started I wanted to be under 12 stone (so bmi under 25) and a clothes size 16. I am now in size 14s and have dropped under target and considering whether to drop my target to 11st6. I was thrilled when I hit target at 11.13, but now I am under target I don't really want to go back up to it. That could just be the difficulty of being newly at target and trying to get used to it.

If you're more concerned about how you look rather than what you weigh, would exercise help you target those areas that you're worried about without the worry of starting to lose off your face etc?

I am 5'9 and my target is 10st 7lbs. I'm currently 11st 13. Seems like another 1st 6lbs might make me too skinny. Tried loads of my old clothes on last night jumping around the bedroom that I'm back in my 12s. I think I might see how I feel when I get to 11. Everyone's bodies are different. I carry my weight on my belly and thighs though. I think BMI are rubbish too as I have abit of muscle mass and I am a medium build which it doesn't take into account. Just go on how your clothes feel :) xxx

Thanks for the replies everyone. Went to the gym today for an induction and so am going to try to tone up my wobbly bits. Was horrified to see how fat I look in my gym kit though ! I think I'll try and get another half stone off and review it again then. 1

Back