Calorie carry over...

laurenmay

Gold Member
I've read a lot of different views and opinions online regarding this, and was just wondering if anyone here does it and what your opinions are?

I'm on a 1500 daily calorie allowance for now, but was wondering if some days I was unable to hit the 1500 target, then could I carry the calories over to say a Saturday to enable me to have a small treat?

The weekly calorie intake would remain the same.

I do this. I tend to think of my calorie allowence in weeks rather than days. The reason being that 2 days a week I only eat about 500 cals as I sleep during those days (work night shifts). That means that on other days my calorie intake can be much higher. MFP lets you see what your weekly cals are. I've lost weght consistently doing this.

How do I view my weekly calories on MFP? I've heard a few people mention this but when I've looked I'm unsure how to do it?

I use an iPhone. At the top right of the home screen is a 'weekly' button. Tap this and it shows your week's calories. Hope that helps xx

I found it :) thanks! I might just stick to my daily allowances for now, and maybe after a couple of weeks if I've lost steadily then I'll look at carrying calories over to the weekend.. xx

Back