calorie counters who fast too?

happy&healthy

I'm planning on fasting 2 days a week (500 caps each day) mainly for the health benefits, just wondering how many calories I should have on the other days? I was aiming for 1,200 a day, so do I take the 1400 left over from my fasting days and divide them between the other 5, leaving me with roughly 1500 a day for 5 days a week? Also, do you eat back your exercise calories?

Yup, I've been 5:2'ing alongside CC since 1st July and I allow myself 1200 calories per day but spread over the week, just like you've got in your mind. 1200 x 7 = 8400. Take off the 2 x 500 for the fast days = 7400 and divide by the remaining 5 normal eating days and you get 1480. I log everything I eat onto MFP and all my exercise, but regardless of how active I've been I still stick to the 1480 - I figure that anything extra I've burnt off goes towards my weight loss rather than my tummy!!! Works a treat for me - I've lost 22lbs since the beginning of July doing this and I like the potential health benefits of fasting too :)

Because I'm bigger, if I fasted I would never survive on 1200. I would work out my TDEE, minus 20% then spread over the days according to fasting rules. x

Thank you for your replies, I think I might try a daily fast like you Tracy, maybe 16/8 and 1400 cals.

Yup, I've been 5:2'ing alongside CC since 1st July and I allow myself 1200 calories per day but spread over the week, just like you've got in your mind. 1200 x 7 = 8400. Take off the 2 x 500 for the fast days = 7400 and divide by the remaining 5 normal eating days and you get 1480. I log everything I eat onto MFP and all my exercise, but regardless of how active I've been I still stick to the 1480 - I figure that anything extra I've burnt off goes towards my weight loss rather than my tummy!!! Works a treat for me - I've lost 22lbs since the beginning of July doing this and I like the potential health benefits of fasting too :)

I'm really interested in this method!! On your 2 500cal days what do u tend to eat??
And what days do u do the fasting??

I CC and fast, but I fast for 14 hours each night. Also do it for the health benefits, but also to speed up the weight loss. I went onto My Fitness Pal and it worked out how many cals I should eat to lose weight going by my weight/height age ect. I would eat that amount wether I was fasting or not. If it was me personally doing 5:2 I wouldn't eat back the cals you lose.

:)

Back