Discover Calorie Crusader's Diary

Every little pound adds up and when you get to your goal you really don't care how long it has taken! And to not have put on since Christmas at all is amazing!

Well done on yer 1lb loss great stuff have a lovely day out today hunny x

Thanks Fuzz x

Every little pound adds up and when you get to your goal you really don't care how long it has taken! And to not have put on since Christmas at all is amazing!

You're right it's all those little pounds that add up! It's taken me until now to realise that not putting on since xmas is a good achievement, a little bit of encouragement to spur me on! :D

I hope you have had a good day out with your Dad and Gran. Its been lovely weather here, sunny and warm. I hope you have been blessed with nice weather too. Jo x

Hi Jo, our weather wasn't too bad, lovely this morning but a little cloudy this afternoon. Still I can't complain :)

Well unfortunately my day out turned out to be a little stressful to say the least. When my dad came to pick me up this morn he was a little unsettled in the car, we put this down to the fact that he is always uncomfy when sitting because he's lost so much weight. However when we got to my grans he was doubled up in pain! He thought he had indigestion. However it didn't get any better and he just wanted to go home again. We had an awful 40min drive back home in the car where I had to just watch my dad in real pain (really stressful!!) He was so determined he wasn't going to hospital. When we got him home we phoned the hospice for some advice. Anyway long story short we think we've got to the bottom of it. He was told by the doctor to cut down one of his tablets, but he really shouldn't have because it seems that today has been the result. I left him at tea time feeling a bit more settled and in his bed.

Went out for a 3 mile walk earlier just to get rid of all the anxiety of today. Feel much better now, thankfully! Fingers crossed tomorrow will be a better day for my dad because he's been feeling great this last few weeks!!

Anyhoo, hope everyone's had a better day than me and enjoyed the sunshine xx

Thanks Jo! He really has had a tought time over the last few years and the thing is he NEVER complains despite everything he has to deal with. To see him complain today was horrible, not being able to help in anyway is an awful feeling. Anyway I'm not dwelling on it...he's much more settled and hopefully small adjustment in his medicine will sort this wee hiccup out!

The walking definately helped! I'm doing a 10 mile walk at the end of april (for the hospice) so really need to get out as much as possible between now and then. Tonight was a good start! x

Aww what a shame im sorry your day out didnt go ahead but pleased your dad is back and comfortable again thats the main thing...

hope he feels much better tomorrow and the meds are sorted out for him..well done on yer 3 mile walk chuck xx

Aww what a shame im sorry your day out didnt go ahead but pleased your dad is back and comfortable again thats the main thing...

hope he feels much better tomorrow and the meds are sorted out for him..well done on yer 3 mile walk chuck xx

thanks Fuzzy, I'm sure he'll be back on track tomorrow. He was a lot happier when I left earlier which made me feel a lot happier.

Hope your neck is easing off xx

Hope you're Dad is on the mend luv. How awful having to watch him in so much pain! I'd be in tears. But I hope he's better. 3 mile walk eh? When are those runners going back on your feet? Lol.

Hope you've had a super weekend and been a good girl?

Hugs to you and well wishes to your poor Pop. xx :D

Hope you're Dad is on the mend luv. How awful having to watch him in so much pain! I'd be in tears. But I hope he's better. 3 mile walk eh? When are those runners going back on your feet? Lol.

Hope you've had a super weekend and been a good girl?

Hugs to you and well wishes to your poor Pop. xx :D

Hiya Chick

My dad much better today, ta! He's back to normal, seems like yesterday was a little blip with medication, all calm today (thank god!!) It made me realise actually how hard it is for his wife (he's remarried!) who has to live with the stress of it all 24/7! Anyhoo not dwelling on Sat..things are back to being good :D

OH and I went out a wee run in the car to a place called Culross in Fife today. Was a lovely wee spot and it was gorgeous and sunny. However...we did go for a pub lunch. Sooo the damage is that I had a tortilla wrap with feta cheese, red onion and mayonnaise with chips and salad :eek: I know v.bad me! I really dread to think what the damage is. However the only other thing ive eaten today was a little special K this morn and a wee bit of ww toast with ham earlier! I'll definately be hitting the gym tomorrow! And here's me bumming to about not putting on since xmas, god dreading WI on Friday, will need to be ultra good from now on!

About the running shoes...erm...dunno just can't get motivated to get out running again :( Im at the gym loads and do run some there but I'm really enjoying the gym and classes just now and walking at night will do me for now! I might get the old trainers dusted down a few weeks before hols just to tone up a bit..we'll see! x

Your lunch sounds lovely and nothing much to worry about. I think if you count it up, you'll still be in your points. That's the the thing about Pro Points though, you feel you've overdone it when infact you haven't. I'm sure Discover is much the same. Och, it's the weekend....that's what it's for! Haha.

Just watched Dancing on Ice Final - gutted! :d'oh:

You should join Jog Scotland - they're fab!! I love it! Ok, not so much in the winter but they're really motivational. Google it - there are hundreds of groups around the country. xx :bliss:

I pleased to read you have had a better day and that your dad is now ok again. Lunch sounded good, I am sure you will claw back some points over the next few days. I doubt you were much over you daily allowance anyhow.

Well done on your walking. I am sure you will do well on your 10 mile walk in April, especially if you get a few miles in now for practice.

I hope you have a good week. Jo x

Thanks Jo, I'm hoping the 10 mile walk will be okay and not too much of a struggle. I'm sure it won't but the fact its at midnight makes it seem a little harder, fingers crossed it'll be fine!x

Your lunch sounds lovely and nothing much to worry about. I think if you count it up, you'll still be in your points. That's the the thing about Pro Points though, you feel you've overdone it when infact you haven't. I'm sure Discover is much the same. Och, it's the weekend....that's what it's for! Haha.

Just watched Dancing on Ice Final - gutted! :d'oh:

You should join Jog Scotland - they're fab!! I love it! Ok, not so much in the winter but they're really motivational. Google it - there are hundreds of groups around the country. xx :bliss:

Don't watch dancing on ice, did start but felt it took sooo long for the programme to end, it was making me bored!!

Yeh I might look into a jog scotland, maybe nearer my holidays. I ran 15 minutes on the treadmill at the gym tonight and it near killed me!! Although I always did hate the treadmill!! x

Quick post tonight....I'm off to have a long soak in the bath (bliss!!)

Good day today food wise and managed to motivate myself to go to the gym after work today, so a big tick there!!

Hectic week in work this week. Our cancelled xmas concerts are this week (it's the highlight of the year!!) so it'll be all systems go. My little class are part of The Sound of Music. It's actually really good and all my kids are doing really well..bless them. However will be late nights this week and no doubt tantrums...oh the joys! Roll on Friday, we finish up for the Easter holidays for 2 weeks then. 4 more sleeps to go :D x

Thanks Jo, I'm hoping the 10 mile walk will be okay and not too much of a struggle. I'm sure it won't but the fact its at midnight makes it seem a little harder, fingers crossed it'll be fine!x

Don't watch dancing on ice, did start but felt it took sooo long for the programme to end, it was making me bored!!

Yeh I might look into a jog scotland, maybe nearer my holidays. I ran 15 minutes on the treadmill at the gym tonight and it near killed me!! Although I always did hate the treadmill!! x

Well done on the gym though. 15 mins on the treadmill is great going (but boring). Haha. I've a sore hip. Think I've overdone the running! Eek!

Awww Christmas Plays....the little ones shouting/singing - makes me cry!! Bless!

Easter holidays soon...long lies! Whoop whoop! Haha.
xx

Hiya chuck..
Well done on the gym ive decided to restart an EA active challenge starting on 1st April..ha ha gotta lurve a new month for the remotivational aspect!!

Im sure your wi will be great that lunch out wont have done hardly any damage with all the exercise youve done...woop woop to the early holibobs for you x

Thank you gals!! I'm getting right back into the gym this week! Was at Spin class yesterday and booked in for another one tomorrow! Also going to Zumba on Saturday...really looking forward to it!

Food been okay this week too and I've been trying to drink much more water this week, so we'll see!!

Well we had our first night of our school concert tonight...it went really well (phew!!) round one done, 2moro's concert to go then I can relax over the hols!

Hope everyone is having a good week :D x

What's your Weigh In day Joanne? x

What's your Weigh In day Joanne? x

Hiya hon, WI day is tomorrow for me...eek! Not quite sure to be honest about this week. I'm never actually sure. I guess a STS wouldn't be the worst result I did eat out a lot last weekend x

Well done you on booking in for all that exercise. I think drinking plenty of water does help, I drink quite alot.

I am pleased to read your school concert 1st night went well. I am sure tonight will go well too, then like you say its time for a bit of a relax from work. Have a good evening. Jo x

Thanks Jo, I'm trying hard with the water this week. I just never seem to have time (which sounds ridiculous!) suppose I'll need to keep at it until it becomes part of my routine! x

Well day 2 of school concerts was another roaring success! Only one more day to go tomorrow, phew!!

I've got a few real hectic days ahead... going a works night out tomorrow night with work to celebrate the hols. I'm just going to drive because I've got soo much to do! On saturday I need to get up early and make some cup cakes. My mum and brothers coming over lunch time on sat and we are going out for something to eat (doing mothers day early, she's going on hol on sun!) Then on Sunday OH mum and dad coming over for dinner for mothers day. Here's what I was thinking for menu:
Starter: Haggis Creggans
Main Course: Pork and chorizo goulash (in my new slow cooker!) with new potatoes and veg

not decided on dessert yet??

So I'm getting up at silly o'clock tomorrow morning to go to tesco before work to get everything I'm going to need, will be shattered by tomorrow night!

Good luck for your weigh in Joanne.

Food sounds lovely and anything with Haggis in is lush! My fave!! :D

Have a great weekend sweet cheeks. xx

I'm having a v.energetic week sunshine don't know what's up with me, prob the fact I'm off work for a fortnight now woo hoo!

Ur good luck worked sherry, lost 2lbs Yeyh!! V.pleased with myself today :) :)

Running off to night out tonight will catch up on diaries 2moro x

Back