calorie intake.....GASP!!!!

After reading BrightonRosies interesting post I decided to tot up my cals for today...I was astounded to find I had consumed 2320 calories! And....that's without using any syns today!!

I'm at target so i'm not trying to lose but still surely this will result in a gain????

I eat A LOT of fruit - eg: today I have had 2 plums, 2 bananas, 3 pears, 1 apple, 1 orange, 1/2 mango and a bunch of grapes.

That alone must be a horrendous amount of sugar and total about 800 calories!!

I think I am guilty of "free food abuse"

I am going to calorie count 1 day a week and make sure I'm not doing damage when I think i'm being good!! :rolleyes:

well how long have you been at target (congratulations btw:D)? And was this day unusual for you? Because if it isn't and you have maintained for a while I wouldn't panic. Your calories burnt also factor into it - if you are active then you may be burning that amount of calories - or more!

Having said that it is an eye opener for those of us still on our weight loss journey. I'm still loosing steadily (if slowly) but I will look at mine calorie intake when that stops

REM, with your BMI and weight, I really wouldn't worry about it. It's only an issue if you are wanting to lose and not. I ahve amnaged to stick to a net calorie of 1200 this week so far. On days where I don't exercise, I ahve eaten 1200, give or take around 100. I had bettr lose this week, or I will be so piddled off I don't think I could describe it.

Lydna

Back