calories vs syns confusion ???

To-she

ok can someone please clarify something for me your only suppose to have 2,500 kcals a day but on slimming world you can eat much food as you want and not count a single calorie how is this. like take yesterday for example i had no syns until my daughter went to bed then I had 10syns but you would wanna see the amount of food i ate for my meals then snacks in between but all was free or superfree. surly I ate over 2,500 kcals:rolleyes:

ok can someone please clarify something for me your only suppose to have 2,500 kcals a day but on slimming world you can eat much food as you want and not count a single calorie how is this. like take yesterday for example i had no syns until my daughter went to bed then I had 10syns but you would wanna see the amount of food i ate for my meals then snacks in between but all was free or superfree. surly I ate over 2,500 kcals:rolleyes:

This is quite a common question and I think one everyone on SW gets confused with sometimes. You need to ignore calories with SW, don't eat if you're not hungry but you'll drive yourself nuts trying to add it up as you go.

Remember that the super free and free food tends to be lower in calories, you might feel like you've eaten a million calories worth of fruit and veg, but you probably haven't.

I think with any diet portion control is the thing to bear in mind, you can technically east as much as you like, but eating when you feel full or eating too much will always result in weight gains or plateaus. Eat as much as you NEED and allow yourself some treats, ask yourself if you need it or if you're eating bigger portions because there's still food left.

If you really get that curious, add your daily cals up and compare it, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised, I did this for my first 2 weeks on SW and my cals were fine!

I have thought also I would be high on calories. Last time I dieted was a calorie diet and I was eating about 1400 a day.

I have actually added up what I've been eating and its only coming out around 1300 calories a day, I thought it would be much more that this!

I'm finding it much more relaxing that a calorie diet as I was always stressing about what I could eat, now I don't have to :)

Back