Calories

robinhood

Gold Member
Does anyone ever estimate their daily calorie intake?

I know this is supposed to be low fat/carbs but that surely doesn't leave much room for the necessary calories?

I've added up the calories on the packet stuff (yogurt/fromage blanc/ham/crab sticks) and it's not very much at all. Surely there has to be a minimum amount of calories eaten to ensure weight loss? I'm going to have to try and eat more steak!

I got told to eat more I think you could stuff yourself silly to hit over the calorific values but the book says that the body uses up more calories to burn the foods your eating so thats why you should eat more than you think you need to if you get my drift so eat a bit more im actually not as hungry as i thought i would be but im eating a bit more today

i track all my cals carbs etc on my fitness pal. some days i only have about 800 others about 1300

i track all my cals carbs etc on my fitness pal. some days i only have about 800 others about 1300

Thanks for that:). I will do the same from now on (yesterday I had a little less than 1000 calories - is that enough? I thought we needed around 2000 calories to function 'normally' so losing a thousand each day seems a hell of a lot, not to mention the odd 800 a day that - apparently - I'm exercising off).

how you exercising that much off? I dont know how many we should have really???

I think because protein and fat fill you up more, then you wouldnt eat as many , as you would if you were combining lots of fat and sugar. The protein keeps your blood sugar levels steady so you dont get the sugar slump then want to eat more.
I have no idea how many calories I am eating, I'm not going down that route again, I've tried counting/weighing/pointing/syning etc and now I just want my diet to be food I love that keeps me healthy so I can keep on it and not get fed up lol.

how you exercising that much off? I dont know how many we should have really???

I have a daily cycling session while watching Poirot:eek:. I have the boxset which will keep me going for a while (am very sad, I know - I love Poirot) and it says how many calories are burned (usually about 600) on the exercise bike, then I have a half hour walk with the kids.

wow thats impressive babe xxx

for the curious amongst you, this could help with calculating calories - though as has been said before this is not a calorie counting diet - simply eat the allowed foods until you are no longer hungry and I don't see why you should suffer any ill effects... with regards to the 2000 calories thing...

2000 is a very average number - it is NOT the same for everyone and varies between the sexes and heights and also how much activity you do!....I for example would put weight ON if I ate 2000 cals per day...

"Calories for Fat Loss

Science tells us that 1 pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories, so a daily calorie deficit of 500 should result in 1 pound per week fat loss. In reality things don't quite work that efficiently!"

It's worth keeping that in mind - so even if you are "supposed" to have a 2000cal per day intake... you would have to drop to 1000 cals to equal 2lb loss per week... I think we're all seeing better losses than that - and not hungry :)....

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

try the calculator if you're really curious xx

I have a daily cycling session while watching Poirot:eek:. I have the boxset which will keep me going for a while (am very sad, I know - I love Poirot) and it says how many calories are burned (usually about 600) on the exercise bike, then I have a half hour walk with the kids.
I HATE Poirot! I had booked his car as our wedding car paid the deposit then 2mths before the big day i got a letter and my deposit back saying sorry it will be filming that day! Everywhere else was booked up with such little notice but i got very lucky with 3 cars for the price of 1. A man i literally bumped into in a garage had just that day brought the cars and was going to start up a wedding car business. Lucky but Mark didnt get the original car he wanted.

for the curious amongst you, this could help with calculating calories - though as has been said before this is not a calorie counting diet - simply eat the allowed foods until you are no longer hungry and I don't see why you should suffer any ill effects... with regards to the 2000 calories thing...

2000 is a very average number - it is NOT the same for everyone and varies between the sexes and heights and also how much activity you do!....I for example would put weight ON if I ate 2000 cals per day...

"Calories for Fat Loss

Science tells us that 1 pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories, so a daily calorie deficit of 500 should result in 1 pound per week fat loss. In reality things don't quite work that efficiently!"

It's worth keeping that in mind - so even if you are "supposed" to have a 2000cal per day intake... you would have to drop to 1000 cals to equal 2lb loss per week... I think we're all seeing better losses than that - and not hungry :)....

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

try the calculator if you're really curious xx
Thank you so much for that info but especially for the link, what a lot of help there is available there.

One of the criticisms I have with this diet is that it's too low calorie... great for losing weight in phases 1 and 2... but then, in phase 3, you do need to increase your calories (slowly, else you'll regain weight) to a normal level before the end of your consolidation period.

Else, in Stabilisation, it's very difficult...

Been there, got the book!

Vicky - what's fitness pal and can I have it?

I'm often telling people to EAT MORE... (lean red meat is good for hiking up the calories and doesn't affect weight loss...)

Last edited:
Thanks for that! I got to about 1,600 for today, without total accuracy as I've not weighed things.

Its a great site (im lvllt on there if you want to add me as a friend) and i track my exercise too. and the best thing is when you have done all your food and exercise you click on complete this entry and it says what you should weigh in 5 weeks lol

Back