Calories

I use myfitnesspal.com and ive also got the app on my phone, I was using it before dukan as it is a great way to keep on track, it doesnt just monitor calories it monitors the percentage intake of each food group.

Im not eating more than 1100 calories most days and im burning 500-800 every other day!

Calorie counting may not be Dukan's 'way' but its interesting to see my intake of sugar is now out of the red and my protein is in it! (also my cholesterol)!

yes MFP does not like high protein diets!

Do you post menus Slim? You never know... and your Dukan "true weight" is 10lbs less than you weigh now? I saw you lost 4lbs last week so no loss this weight is fair enough perhaps. I'm losing at the rate of a snail too now. Have you restarted Dukan several times (sorry I can't recall offhand!)?

Hi Maintainer, my menu is so boring! I never have a single tolerated and stick to the basics of pure protein.

I do have occasionally things like spaghetti bolognese with tomato sauce etc.. on pv days. Because of Curvygirlie I have lately instead of having just baked chicken with egg whites for example for dinner on a pp, I will stir fry chicken with shirataki noodles. So my menu is really cut to the bone of basics.

I have only done Dukan once and have been on it since the first of April! I have come off it twice the first time was in September but I really stuck to it as best I could. The second time was two weeks over Christmas where I came off completely!!

I was frightened to weigh but the last weigh in on 17 Dec (my birthday, another excuse!) was 131.5, my lowest (for just one day!). I went back to cruise after two days of pp on Jan 2 and weighed on Jan 7 , 137.5. So at least a six pound gain but will never know the truth of the hidden five days!

By 14/1 I was back down to 133.3, so a four pound loss. But I am now there at the number I have been for many many months!

My weight during a week for (I am embarrassed to say for how long because most normal people would have done something else!) will fluctuate normally between 132 and 134 lbs. :(

Begsthe question though - what if you cheat on dukan and go off plan but remain to say 1300 cals per day. Would you gain weight (for going off plan) or loose weight (for changing to a low cal diet)

I use mfp - out of habit more than anything - i record my daily intake (and exercise) but don't worry about the calorie intake - or lack of it. Though before chrimbo when i was doing really well with losing weight i would have a day or two a week when i ate more calories and that seemed to help with getting the weight off.

I frequently will stagnate at a certain weight. It can be maddening. In the past when I'd give up, eat whatever, my weight would drop. I'm sure there's a logical reason, but frustrating. I think of them as plateaus my body doesn't want to leave.

I think the key is to change up something. Increase/decrease exercise, amount of food, time between meals. Otherwise my body just slips into a nice little groove and doesn't want to change. I like Dukan's idea to double exercise for4 days and to switch to all pp for the same.

I easily slip into starvation mode. In the past, I would choose not to eat anything until really hungry and then not much. Remembering to eat every 3-4 hours is hard. I'll definitely not count calories, been there, but if stall, increasing food amount and frequency while staying on the plan will be my next choice if Dukan's standard waynto break through isn't enough. It's one of the thingsmi love about this. I don't feel hopeless if things stop working.

Hope you find a way to break through while staying on Dukan.

My life is complicated ..... I would not even dare to complicating it even more by counting calories.
Kudos to the ones that (can) do it.
Me? Counting calories?
It is against my dietary beliefs. ( LOL)

Joydriven, thank you so much. I am going to take your excellent advice. Not sure how I will do it yet but I will definitely be changing things up!

I'm glad something resonated with you. I'd love to hear what ends up working for you. The one good thing about those plateaus I've found is, fortunately, they work both ways. When I'm in one, everything just rolls along. Until a holiday, total stress out, whatever. I'm working toward getting to a plateau I'm satisfied with and being vigilant if a few pounds creep up. I, a long time ago, was at several nice plateaus. We will be again.

Dukan himself has a remedy for a true plateau (over 10 days' without loss when following strictly)... This is something I kept from the French site when being coached.

- for a three day period, have your oatbran in three small galettes (and you eat one morning, lunch and dinner - no wheatbran).

- if you're alternating PP/PV, replace one PV by a PP.
- remove all tolerated foods from your menus.
- eat three times a day proper full meals. No snacking.
- drink 2L water
- restrict veg on PV days
- walk 1H30 per day (hmm!)
- restrict salt
- increase fish consumption in your menus
- drink green tea
- increase your protein

Worth a try?

Back