Cambridge 1st day!

Just think by day 4 or 5 the hunger pangs will go and it will feel a whole lot easier. Good luck.

Hi Bevvy80! I'm on day 9 today and the feeling definitely passes AND I was rewarded with a 8lb weight loss at my weigh in two days ago so please believe me -no one is lying when they say it is worth it!! When I was in the earlier days (I think day 4 was my 'bad' one-see can't even remember now!) I read the diaries on here and looked at the photos pretty much 24 hours of the day and these ladies inspired me and convinced me to continue! I am now really aiming to do the same for future newbies and have already taken my before pic ready to upload when I'm brave enough!

Chrissey said about nails, bath etc and I still do all that - it's great because you are being distracted and making ourselves feel better at the same time! Also, my clothes are already a lot looser on me so I have decided that once I have got to 4 weeks, I am going to get out my two suitcases of smaller clothes that have been packed away for yonks and start sorting them out and trying on for motivation! I can't imagine that they'd fit after only a month on plan but it will certainly spur me on!

I am on SS 100% and have avoided all coke BUT I think coke zero is ok, if you have it sparingly! Please wait for someone else to confirm whether that is the case because I'd hate to give out the wrong information. My OH is doing SS+ and he is continuing to have diet coke everyday (he has cut down and given up coffee altogether but can't give up the diet coke!!). He has probably 4 litres of water a day and perhaps three cans of coke. I read on here that coke zero is better than diet coke, so I'm going to order some of that in instead. He lost 9lbs this week, but I think he'd have lost more if he hadn't had the coke!

Sorry nomigippy, I really didn't mean to totally disregard your post -I didn't see it until after I'd written mine! Doh! Ok, so coke zero is a no no Bevvy80.

Our CDC wasn't that keen on OH having coke but she said that it wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't -apparently some people react differently if they have diet coke but some people don't. Diet coke has something in it which can kick you out of ketosis, whereas coke zero doesn't -hence why I thought that would be better! I think our CDC thought she'd rather he have diet coke and stick to the plan than completely come off the rails on the first day!

Right - time to wean him off the coke!

Haha ok! Coke zero is my treat once a day lol

Im doing ok saying that its not even midday, its the weekend im dreading family are coming and im cooking and friday nights are normally my wine night booooooooooo

Anyway i dont feel as hungry as yesterday and am shocked by myself that im actually just getting on with it! Mind you the oh did tell me this morning im moody in the evenings lately so i then told him so would he be if he had not eaten since monday evening and im still cooking him and my daughter meals each night! And looking after a 6 month old lol. Anyway this site is heaven for me at the moment lots of support. I had awful taste in my mouth yesterday?????? Also i think my monthly is due as feel even more shattered than normal! 1st weigh in monday so just hope my willpower stays with me over this weekend .

Xxx

The taste jn your mouth bevy is the ketones being excreted. They come out on your saliva and urine! It is one of the more unpleasant side effects but drink plenty of water and I also invested in a tongue scraper which I do couple of times a day along with brushing!

well done, keep going. I would say that day 4/5 was tough but after that ive been fine. Lots of water is the key, i really didnt like plain water at all, but am drinking around 3 litres a day and i would say that really really really helps.

The roof of my mouth is really sore and its killing me. Its tough finding things that i can use to clear it :)

Keep going and you will be fine! :)

Hi, I am on my 4th day. Lost 3 stone with Cambridge in 2008, put it all back on, lost 3 stone with lighter life in 2010, put it all back on. Now trying Cambridge again, its so difficult to keep motivated. I don't seem to have a problem losing it, but boy do I struggle to keep it off.

This is my worry! All this hell to lose the weight but how o kep it offwhen i get to goal. Esp as my bday and xmas will be after ive one 12 weeks! X

I have one pepsi max most days but as I know you're not supposed to have one as its got the evil citric acid which i why I don't dare tell my CDC as I know she'll tell me off for it! Nikie you're so right people do react differently! My friend swears the smell off caffiene can make her stall or worse knock her out of ketosis! She did used to be one of the biggest caffiene junkies I knew so she tries with everything to just avoid the stuff rather than dice with her WI's :) I think I'm just lucky/ too fat (im about half way shifting my fat mountain now!) for it to have any effect on me lol!

Bevvy try not to worry too much about possibly gaining the weight back that's what the steps are there for although now I've been on SSforbao long I can't even imagine not having a Cambridge products in my life especially as now all our metabolisms are altered due to it! I'm planning on an Atkins/ low carb diet fusion when I'm goal as I know I'll never probably be able to have a 'normal' diet after <---- the only thing good the years of constant yo yo dieting has told me! :)

bevvy80 said:
Ok lovely! Dont dare breath on anyone lol
Ta x

Lol even after all this time on Cambridge I still wake up sometimes and think eew that can't be my breath but it is!!

Hi Bevvy

my cd said 1 can of coke zero a day if u need it is fine...hell that's one of the things keeping me going of an afternoon!!!

Jen x

Back