Cambridge and preganancy

Alphamare

Ive been reading other threads (and also when got signed on was asked if pregnant or breast feeding etc)

i was just wondering why pregnant woman cant do cambridge?

If its so balanced (minus calories of course) but if you are over weight and pregnant is it better to eat or to try and loose weight? (or is that a diff post entirely? :p

Ive been reading other threads (and also when got signed on was asked if pregnant or breast feeding etc)

i was just wondering why pregnant woman cant do cambridge?

If its so balanced (minus calories of course) but if you are over weight and pregnant is it better to eat or to try and loose weight? (or is that a diff post entirely? :p

Well, pregnant women have got to be pretty careful with what they eat anyhow, and in most cases (in my experience) usually have to take extra vitamins as in folic acid etc and need a balance of everything in their diet including a good healthy portion of carbs to sustain themselves and baby.

So CD prob isnt ideal for someone who is pregnant.
Also pregnant women can be prone to fainting, gestational diabetes etc so i would think thats prob why a vlcd wouldnt be suitable for them. x

Also to add, i was overweight when pregnant with my son, but due to balanced diet and exercise i was able to lose weight from other areas and keep my pregnancy weight to an absolute minimum.

Of course this was my second child. The first one i ate for ireland and put on a **** load of weight .lol

I wouldn't have thought the calories are enough to support a woman whilst pregnant or breast feeding. I think the additional advised calories are around 500 a day, and certainly that wouldn't leave anything for the mum.

I also was overweight with my daughter and in fact was on WW when I fell pregnant (she's 10 now). I stopped dieting but watched what i ate ALL the way through. I only gained weight at 8 months pregnant. I gained a total of 1 stone in the last 4 weeks and when I came home from hospital i weighed the same as I did the day I found out I was pregnant :)

So.. it doesn't have to mean 'the end' of a diet, it's just can't be something like CD. There are many diets the same.

A healthy bouncing baby, and healthy mum are more important at that time.

The calories you're taking in aren't enough to support you (which is why your body starts using its fat stores) and it takes a LOT of calories and energy to build a baby - pregnancy is tiring enough without restricting your calories to such a small amount, i'd imagine anyone who was pregnant and doing Cambridge would be risking their health by continuing

The shakes ect are fine for pregnant ladies to drink along side there normal diet as they contain lots of vitamins ect but the calories are not enough with them alone.

I know you cant Breast feed on the diet as your milk will carry ketones and that is harmfull for the baby (i had just finished bf when i started this diet)

Back