Cambridge - beef??

LinzMA

I had a really small amount of beef - is this likely to affect ketosis?

Thanks
Linz

I have had steak as a SS+ meal and it hasn't knocked me out! My mate who did CWP has too and was advised by her CWPC that it was fine!

This relates to a question that I asked - I don't understand why protein (types) are limited on CWP. On LL Steak is absolutely fine, in the correct quantity!! Doesn't make any sense to me - there are lots of differences in pretty much the same plan (LLLite is one and the same).

If you compare it to Atkins, that's a ketosis-based diet & it's all about the meat there isn't it!

I had less than 200g of it, but no loss showing :-( Maybe that is why they say in theory none?

Thanks for replying guys..

Linz x

Hun, losses won't necessarily show daily - it's all about water, muscle AND fat... Don't get too hung up on it, the maths are right and it will all catch up. Interested to know though - why did you eat it?! That isn't a criticism, just wondering really...

Hun, losses won't necessarily show daily - it's all about water, muscle AND fat... Don't get too hung up on it, the maths are right and it will all catch up.

You're right there Sauce, I tend to stay the same for a few days then lose a bit and repeat.

Hi Sauce

I ate it because:

(a) I was carving a roasted beef joint for the boys & I <3 roast beef (but that's no excuse, cause I <3 most foods... Duh me!!)

(b) I was thinking of the Cambridge/Atkins-ketosis similarities

(c) because I had a weak moment..

:-s

X

Awww. Ull get there hun. I'm not feeling great myself, obsessed with crisps atm :'( dunno how to deal with it. Hope ur ok xx

I just keep taking myself off to bed for a snooze (bugger all housework is getting done!!) or keep glugging the water... Who knew the different brands of water seem to have different tastes!!

How long have you been on it?

Stay strong!

X

A good few wks now, maybe 7 or 8? U lose track don't u...! I am tryin and been great to this point. Been stuck at ten for ages, think that's what makin me waver - not sure. I think 10st is where my body must panic and take hold lol, it did the same on ll so I stopped, even though I hadn't done enough... ur right about water too. Bizzare isn't it! Tesco are doin 2 of 2l for 70p! I get them to refill for work. At home I drink filtered. I'm hoping I can see this thru. Perhaps another wk or two and I'll push thru it. Thanks for answering chick, how are u doing?? Xx

What weight did you start at?

I did CWP about 4 years ago for 3 months, lost about 2.5 stones, but a combination of feeling amazing & my birthday meant I stopped immediately & too soon..

I don't have the discipline to do WW or SW. It was my son's 16th birthday on Thursday & we went out to supper - even then I couldn't resist.. Struggling a little even now because of that but for the first time since then I saw 2lbs sliver off this morning... Hurrah..

Just think, on any other diet we'd be 'happy' with 2lbs in a week, but I know we can get more off!

This next WI (Wed) will be my 3rd this time. Slightly depressingly, I think I will be doing this until Christmas... But 2012 will be the start of a new beginning :)

X

A good few wks now, maybe 7 or 8? U lose track don't u...! I am tryin and been great to this point. Been stuck at ten for ages, think that's what makin me waver - not sure. I think 10st is where my body must panic and take hold lol, it did the same on ll so I stopped, even though I hadn't done enough... ur right about water too. Bizzare isn't it! Tesco are doin 2 of 2l for 70p! I get them to refill for work. At home I drink filtered. I'm hoping I can see this thru. Perhaps another wk or two and I'll push thru it. Thanks for answering chick, how are u doing?? Xx

very similar stats to me. Im on day 5 now going good so far, I hope I have losses like you in the first few weeks, Got a works do on the 16th July and would love to lose 10lb + by then!

You've done so well im sure your body will start co-operating again soon!

Last edited:
What weight did you start at?

I did CWP about 4 years ago for 3 months, lost about 2.5 stones, but a combination of feeling amazing & my birthday meant I stopped immediately & too soon..

I don't have the discipline to do WW or SW. It was my son's 16th birthday on Thursday & we went out to supper - even then I couldn't resist.. Struggling a little even now because of that but for the first time since then I saw 2lbs sliver off this morning... Hurrah..

Just think, on any other diet we'd be 'happy' with 2lbs in a week, but I know we can get more off!

This next WI (Wed) will be my 3rd this time. Slightly depressingly, I think I will be doing this until Christmas... But 2012 will be the start of a new beginning :)

X

Started at 11-7, way way too heavy for a shorty like me :D it's weird how it happens, although I know all the sciencey bits u know? Looking at my sig, this is my 7th wk (feels like 70th!) so maybe if i keep pushin on i'l be fine - in fact, i know i will. i'm on self-destruct i suppose!! I know what u mean with the losses, everything is relative and i MUST stop comparing myself to those 20 or 30lbs heavier to start off with!! I hope you do well hun, i have 2 days off end of this mth - hoping its enough to keep my arse and head in check!! x

You'll do great lil_legs.. And just remember to keep going after your first WI.. the temptation to reward yourself after that great 1st weeks loss is huge..

Sauce.. We're going to do it!! Today I'm going to drink my water, do a tiny bit of exercise & be 100%... sometimes I have 4 packs, but I don't know if it's right to mix SS & SS+..?

X

very similar stats to me. Im on day 5 now going good so far, I hope I have losses like you in the first few weeks, Got a works do on the 16th July and would love to lose 10lb + by then!

You've done so well im sure your body will start co-operating again soon!

Hi Lil, thanku chick - it's nice to have a bit of praise :D nobody has really noticed yet which I find absolutely bizzare!! But they will when I lose this last stone or so - lol!! I hope it does too, and I wish u well and hope you can reach ur goal xx

You'll do great lil_legs.. And just remember to keep going after your first WI.. the temptation to reward yourself after that great 1st weeks loss is huge..

Sauce.. We're going to do it!! Today I'm going to drink my water, do a tiny bit of exercise & be 100%... sometimes I have 4 packs, but I don't know if it's right to mix SS & SS+..?

X

Thanks, Im seeing the 16th as my day to allow myself a little treat, a nice meal (could a pizza though as it is all i am thinking about!) and a night out with the girls, strictly vodka and diet coke though! Then straight back onto the diet on the sunday until the next planned break!

Hi Lil, thanku chick - it's nice to have a bit of praise :D nobody has really noticed yet which I find absolutely bizzare!! But they will when I lose this last stone or so - lol!! I hope it does too, and I wish u well and hope you can reach ur goal xx

How tall are you if you dont mind me asking? im 5 ft 1.5!

I just noticed your in swansea.. im near neath :)

X

According to my cdc, its fine babe. Also, logically it's better than being staaaarvin and eating something silly!! The difference in ss/+ is neglible so don't fret. And yes, we will do it - thanku everyone who has commented on this thread, its lovely for us all to have support xx

How tall are you if you dont mind me asking? im 5 ft 1.5!

I just noticed your in swansea.. im near neath :)

Haha i'm exactly the same height - the 0.5 DOES matter!!! x :D

Back