Cambridge Buddy August 2012

Hey there. I am on day 9 n been great so far but struggling today. When u starting again and how much did u loose first twice

Hi, I started the Cambridge yesterday, so would love to buddy up... Only day 2 and finding it hard to drink so much water.

Hello MandyMood - new to this site so bear with me.

First time on Cambrideg a couple of years ago - lost 9 stone - thought it was soooooooooooo easy. Alas piled 7 stones back on.
Restarted last year - took several restarts to get into it - found it really hard to stick to. When i finally got in the zone lost 6 stone - but blew it all at Christmas and though i kept trying to get back into it failed misserabley and put 4 stone back on - how stupid is that!

Started again last Monday - this is day 6 - not finding it easy - but kept to sole source so far - am keeping my fingers crossed.

Hope your having a better day now

Hiya Karrinnae - working through my replies - would love to buddy up - could well do with the support. I know all the theory but finding restarting a nightmare. Am also new to this site so finding my feet on how to work it.

Wishing yoiu lots of luck Klw - beleive me the water makes all the difference - so please persever. Luckily i love water now after suceeding first time round with Cambridge. Even after i stopped dieting found and still do it hard to stomach any other cold drinks.

Thanks for that third time, I'm doing ok.. Just seem to be finding things hard today so making myself busy.. Can't even face the shakes today, have only ate one soup.. I'm trying my hardest to drink them.. Not sure what else I can do... Any advice from you would be great!

Advise to KLW

Hello and good evening to you,

Dont think i am the ideal person to be giving advise on sticking to it at the momement. But what i will say is.....

1. You must drink all the shakes no matter what - the shakes are designed to give you all the vitamins and minerals your body needs. Skipping them may be less calarories but your body will just go into starvation mode. The shakes help put you into ketosis and trust me you will lose fat.
2. I beleive that day 3, day 4 and day 8 are the worst days - just bear in mind that you can do it and just think how good you will feel when the fat starts to dissapear. Once you get past the first days and are in Ketosis its unbelievable how healthy you begin to feel.
3. Take your mind off the way your feeling - read a book - go for a walk - have a bath - whatever works for you... If all else fails go to bed - remeber its only temporary and you'll feel much better soon.
4. Drink that water - that makes all the difference really.
5. Personaaly i dont have too many soups - not overally keen on the taste compared to hot chocolate or strawberry. Have you veried the shakes your having to find your particular favs?

I will keep my fingers crossed that you start feeling better soon

Take care

Oh thankyou so much for your advice.. It does help having someone to chat too.. Have been trying the shakes just find them so sweet and hard to stomach... But I will try too keep going.. Hope your doing well ....

Hi there - never tried it myself - but if you you find the shakes a bit unpallatable - try halfing the shakes (still keeping to the number of shakes you need for your height ofcourse just having them more frequently.

I really like a couple of the shakes so i guess thats a bonus - but i do always make them with more water than the packet says as i find them too rich otherwise. That works for me - more to drink but not as strong!

Hi feeling better today had a ruff morning but much better.. Have had a little chicken this afternoon. It's the water thing that's hard a friend of mind is drinking coke zero is this allowed?

KLW - Glad to hear your feeling better.
Previousley have been told unofficially Coke zero is ok (not diet coke though) - but careful you don't drink too much of it as you will end up just bloated. I guess you could try the two Cambridge water flavourings (orange and berry i think they are or theres the vegatable tasting one) but i found them way too sweet for my liking. You can have black coffee if you like that? (again not my cuppa though)

My first weigh in tomoz so am keeping my fingers crossed - just worked out how to add a ticker tracker so it would be nice to see it move towards my goal.

Last edited:
I no you just don't no what to do for the best... I'd love a glass of coke instead of the water..
How are you getting on?

Well let me know third time lucky how you get on tomorrow, I no its a catch 22 with this coke zero.. Feel like your cheating a little when having it.

Will let you know re tomoz - if mentally you feel like your cheating when having the coke zero, even if in actual fact your not!, Just to think it may be your undoing. The mind is a powerful thing - so if your going to try it you need to stop feeling as if it's a cheat.

Hi third time. Sorry for the delay in replying. Had a hard weekend especialliy as it was my birthday on Saturday and I was at a party sipping water and avoiding the buffet but its Monday and I am still on track. I have been hungry today but not sure why as I wasnt at the tail end of last week but just trying to work through it. Actually looking back I dont think I was drinking enough water. My next challenge will be when I am away from home for 2 nights and living out of a hotel ....... thats gonna be a challenge however I am getting weighed the night before I go so hopefully that will spur me on. How are you doing now. Well done for the weight losses you have had prevuiously btw :)

Week 1 - 13lbs :D

Back