Cambridge Chaos

WoodyBoot

Could some of you nice cambridge dieters come to my rescue and advise me on how to make up the shakes so that I don't end up drinking a lumpfest?

:break_diet: :break_diet:

I have only been on the diet a day but am already struggling with the shakes. I have found the tetra briks ok but am worried that I will never get used to the chemical taste.

I have got a mixer like The magic bullet (only cheaper version) from woolies.mixes cold shakes a treat, I use a kenwood frothie for my soups cos it mixes and heats them at the same time to just right temperature and no lumps.

Best to get a smoothie mixer from Argos - it does warm as well as cold drinks therefore being able to mix soups
I believe its at £19.99 at moment - I saw icemouse refer to it...

Soups you might be able to disguise with dried herbs....and black pepper...

What i did was that i got one of them hand held blender things from Argos. It was on sale for about £4, lol.

I make my shakes in a measuring jug so i know i have the exact amount of water, and then iadd the shake powder and blend away. You can add crushed ice to make it abit thicker if you want.

But make sure that the jug is long rather than wide because if the water doesn't cover the bottom of the blender where the blade is then you will get lumpy milkshake everywhere. I experienced this a few time when i first started CD, lol.

Hope i have helped in some way :) xx

I have just had my 3rd weigh in today and can honestly say I like the taste. My fave is banana shake with lots of crushed ice, just tried chocolate shake today and thats yum too.
I am quite partial to a peanut crunch bar aswell.
x x

I think I must be making them up wrong - someone suggested blending them with crushed ice - does this work?

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a hand blender that you mix in a tall jug, as for the chemical taste i found i got used to it and it seemed to go away after about a week.

julesrush

I have been on CD for about 10 weeks now. I had a few problems with the soups when i started. I couldnt stand the taste, they tasted like sand and they made me sick so i had to swap them for milkshakes. Then with the milkshakes my taste buds kept changing and i would like some milkshakes at first and then i hated them the next week. They only one i really like and can stomach is choc mint.

Everybody has different tastes, but i think you will get used to the taste of the products, plus you have alot of time to experiemnt with all the fllavours and see which ones you like and those you dont.

They have a nice selection of choc bars that you can have after week 2, so thats something to look forard too :) xx

I got used to the taste of the shakes after a few days but my stomach doesnt agree with the tetra's, after i had the bannana tetra i threw up (soz too much info) Since then i vowed never to touch another. But shows how diff peoples taste buds are as some people, cant stand the shakes n live off the tetra's.

I USE A KENWOOD FROTHIE MAKER..TASTES GREAT.

lINDA.

i got my blender from argos, just under £4, and as for the chemical taste i used an extra couple of fl oz's water, watered it down a bit more so was more bearable :D

i got my blender from argos, just under £4, and as for the chemical taste i used an extra couple of fl oz's water, watered it down a bit more so was more bearable :D

I bet we have the same one :D hehe. I didnt want to spend much on mine because i knew i would only be using it for CD and i dont know if i will have any use for it after. But i do want to by a juicer/smoothie maker machine thing when i have finished CD, so i can be all healthy and enjoy yummy smoothies, lol. :D

I always use a kenwood frothie maker which is on special offer at Argos for £19.99..... it mixes and heats the shakes perfectly.... also mixes them cold too.... alot of people use it to mix soups too but I actually quite like the soup with a few lumps in.... yeah I know.... weirdo....lol:eek:

I bet we have the same one :D hehe. I didnt want to spend much on mine because i knew i would only be using it for CD and i dont know if i will have any use for it after. But i do want to by a juicer/smoothie maker machine thing when i have finished CD, so i can be all healthy and enjoy yummy smoothies, lol. :D

lmao i bought 2 cos hubby needed 1 at work as well thats why i went for cheap option, ive also got the kenwood smoothie pro thing, thats really good, wished id have got the frothy hot or cold one tho :D

I've been on CD for 1 week and got first WI tonight....

Getting myself into a routine has helped....

I am in office all day and the cakes have been coming thick and fast - BUT I HAVE RESISTED - wow for me that is ...I danrent take a crumb....

NIL BY MOUTH...(nbm) COULD ALSO MEAN NO BOWELL MOVEMENT ...SORRY TOO MUCH INFO!!!

lmao i bought 2 cos hubby needed 1 at work as well thats why i went for cheap option, ive also got the kenwood smoothie pro thing, thats really good, wished id have got the frothy hot or cold one tho :D

I went for the cheap one because i'm kinda skint aswell, lol :rolleyes:

I went for a very cheap option for my shakes. I bought a regular sports water bottle about 99p I think with sports cap.(had wide opening though when you unscrew top) I can't be bothered with the washing up that comes with the electric gizmos. I just fill up with water, tip in the shake powder screw on the top and SHAKE!!
The advantage I find is you can shake after every couple of mouthfuls. Ensures the shake is smooth and frothy.

I went for a very cheap option for my shakes. I bought a regular sports water bottle about 99p I think with sports cap.(had wide opening though when you unscrew top) I can't be bothered with the washing up that comes with the electric gizmos. I just fill up with water, tip in the shake powder screw on the top and SHAKE!!
The advantage I find is you can shake after every couple of mouthfuls. Ensures the shake is smooth and frothy.

very cool idea :cool:. so you dont taste any lumpiness?? :confused: This could come in handy when i am out during the day and i have nowhere where i could plug in my blender.

I always put ice in my blender (£10 Tesco) and use a little less water, it make them all thick and yum!
Been on CD 7 weeks and loving it.
Ceri

Back