Cambridge diet - 10 stone to lose

Did you know when you found the right person? They say some people know straight away.

Yes, in a way. Every other relationship involved some kind of compromise. You know, we were different in what we wanted or thought or felt about something - anything. Even small things can make or break a relationship.

With my OH I felt like I'd known him forever. From the first conversation we had, it just seemed to be easy to talk to him. He got me, I got him and we just clicked. But I think it was because we just found it really easy to talk to each other. The first night we got together, we spent most of it talking philosophy and ethics and without realising it ironed out all the important issues - so now we've not really ever had a major disagreement about anything. That first night confirmed that we think the same about everything that matters.

He's seen me through doing my MA and my PhD, held my hand and kept me sane through all the trials of turning into a hermit and writing from home.

Life is bloody amazing. The right person is out there.

I met my Mrs at a friend's wedding. We were together 5 years before I proposed (on the beach in the Caribbean, got brownie points for that one!) and in that time the friend who's wedding we were at got divorced, married again and had 2 kids! I've been with her for 13 years altogether, and wouldn't be without her even when she's being a bloody woman! (LOL! I know that this is not the right thread to make that comment!) Got a 6 1/2 yr old daughter too.

Funny thing is, it all just sort of crept up on me.

You wonderful romantic man, you. What a lucky woman. No wonder she's put up with you making comments like that :)

That said, is everyone drinking their water? I'm slow today, just finished my first 2 litres. Of to get more now. x

Wow, masters and a phD - must have taken a lot of dedication, time and money!! If you can achieve that then you can definitely lose this weight!!

I fell asleep earlier, I am soo tired and cold today, it is 18 degrees so shouldn't be cold! Just put my long, fluffy, fleecy hooded dressing gown on to keep warm.

Just had my second bottle of water and shake, now opened my cherry coke zero. Feel stuffed after my water and shake, that horrible eaten too much bloated feeling!!!

One more bottle and porridge left to go. Couldn't be bothered to have my porridge this morning. I still think that I might stick to my porridge for breakfast after cambridge.

Wow, masters and a phD - must have taken a lot of dedication, time and money!! If you can achieve that then you can definitely lose this weight!!

I fell asleep earlier, I am soo tired and cold today, it is 18 degrees so shouldn't be cold! Just put my long, fluffy, fleecy hooded dressing gown on to keep warm.

Just had my second bottle of water and shake, now opened my cherry coke zero. Feel stuffed after my water and shake, that horrible eaten too much bloated feeling!!!

One more bottle and porridge left to go. Couldn't be bothered to have my porridge this morning. I still think that I might stick to my porridge for breakfast after cambridge.

Dedication and time for sure. I worked before the MA and saved up for the year. Then went back to work and saved to pay for the PhD, then taught [Graduate teaching] at uni to pay for the PhD. It did mean lots of belt tightening and being frugal though. Thank goodness OH has a steady job so he could support and help with the finances.

I feel cold all the time too. I've got on a long sleeved t-shirt, a cami type t-shirt, a thick pinny type long frock and my woollen cardi on. So you're not alone. I don't normally wear so much in winter when at home :)

I'm enjoying the porridge too. Must get more once I use up more of the shakes and things that I have.

Well done, you should be very proud of yourself for doing that!! And so should your husband!!! It obviously meant very much to you to go through all of that. I'm in awe.

I am dreading the winter if I am still on sole source or sole source plus!! I really am praying for a mild winter!! When I was younger I never felt the cold, I could go out in snow in just a short skirt, top, no tights or cardi or coat!! I was always the one that wanted the windows open and was still hot in the middle of winter, the older I get the colder I get!! Definitely need a nice man to keep me warm lol!!!

Totally agree. It could get very boring very quickly if all you had was chocolate shake or just the soup or something. Really enjoyed the porridge this morning. The pasta is a bit too salty for me, but really satisfying and warming. I have been feeling the cold today. Have on a cami, a long sleeved top and a woolly cardigan.

my feet were cold yesterday (Monday) , today warm here , right had to come off plan as see GP today and she has put me on a fasting for bloods so I have 5 mins then eat and go 12 hours , also knee xray too , hope I can get both done tomorrow .
Char i'll have to catch up with you and all the crew tomorrow as im going to have to grab food and get to bed early start .... this thread getting busy , yeahhhhhhhhhhhh , night peeps

Hate fasting bloods!!! Normally I can go all day without eating but as soon as I have to fast all I want to do is eat!!! Psychological I guess!! Hope all your tests are ok!!

right had to come off plan as see GP today and she has put me on a fasting for bloods so I have 5 mins then eat and go 12 hours , also knee xray too , hope I can get both done tomorrow .

Good luck with your tests. Fasting bloods are a pain.

Hi all
well its been a busy day , got bloods done and xray . Now i can get on with VLCD , just had a porridge , it was a LL one as i still have some left .
But it's exante i have 3 boxes of , its the bars i'm short on , with 2 left ... hoooo .
Char , once you hit your weight your happy with things will fall into place , your life will be like ridind a rollercoater ride , my single days i loved and glad i had them , but saying that i know that i wanted more , i wanted safe , i did get safe .... lifes a rolloercoaster you've just gotta ride it lol the song .
Blimey 21st to 12 st in 6 months this is megga a wow , i'm ready for some of that too lol .
yes winter can be so hard , you shake and hands feet so cold i did it once and i came off of VLCD . i have a fan heater now so maybe you could use one of them , if you think by winter you will be another 4 stone off ....
forever fat n bubbly , cambridge is good if you've got a good CDC , yes tetras are good , i love them frozen , while camping is hard i know .... , aww sounds lovely proposing on Eiffel Tower, old romantic , i want one hehe , mine oh needs to learn some of that .
Hobbio , how cool is that, lets put it this way, it would not be boring honey moon hehe
Kitty , go for that thrill ride :) yes lets all be 100 % cheese , do you have some daily ? he proposed via msn hehe what did you reply .
Hows is everyone ? i really want to have a great day , thble ey are talking about dawn french about her weight loss , Lisa mazwell has a childsbody , unsure what they are saying as i'm typing here , i'm getting odd bits , ho liquid diet is being talked about now by Janet street porter sayting that they feel miserble while on it , then they lose 3 stone and put it all back on again , see they take few cases people and think eveyone is the same ....
thats why on this diet i tell no one , not even myself lol

Yay back on the vlcd!!! Yeah maybe I will get a fan heater in the winter, anything to help lol!!!

All the negativity is horrible surrounding vlcd's. Obviously if you just go back to eating what you used to then you will put all the weight back on, same as any diet. However there is a lot of evidence that says that dieting screws your metabalism up so basically you can't eat the normal amount of calories that is recommended, I believe it is something like 20% less if I remember correctly.

Was just talking to my sister about food and what I want to eat right now. Counting down the weeks to my food break now, 5 weeks tomorrow then I get to eat a bit of chicken. 170g doesn't seem much but I guess it will feel alot after 12 weeks of not eating anything!! I hope so!! In some ways time has gone so slow, in other ways fast. Still thinking about getting that big tasty and freezing it...lol. Definitely going to take myself out for an amazing steak at miller and carter when I reach target.

Does anyone else have those dreams that they have eaten a load of food and then wake up panicking for a couple of minutes thinking they actually did??

Hi char , i have had dreams like that and other strange dreams , we are just more aware of them while on VLCD Sometimes you wake and think did that just happen or was that ... its a split second thought .... what was you talking to your sister about food ? which one was you thinking about . char i have never ever got past my 3rd wk on vlcd , i'm hoping for an easy ride ...
yes as you say time on VLCD can be flying by one min next so long ... and you never know what the day will bring ...
So 20% i guess yes if you stay on a diet for over a set time .
i must order exante bars today , hows you ? god yes your meal on wk 12 , wow , your only 5 wks away , geeee :)

We were just talking about the food we want to eat. She fell off the exante wagon but started again today.

Yeah I am ok, just stressed out with my leaky washer dryer and mate not paying me money she owes me for when I had her son the other weekend and paid for everything.

Hi doll,

No dreams about food thank goodness. Lots of dreams where I look good though - positive reinforcement. Can't wait to look like that. Wish magic was real so that a wave of the wand would see us all slim and healthy.

Been 100% + 4 bite sized pieces of chicken. Also drunk 4 litres of water and gone for an hour and half long walk. Bed time now.

Lost 4lbs this week, knew I should have gone to the toilet first lol!!!

Lucky you kitty, not having the dreams about food and kust ones aboit how good you look. I could do with some of them lol.

Went to currys earlier thinking maybe the hoses are why my washer dryer is leaking, they don't do hot water ones anymore so could only get a new cold one. B and q didn't either but I think homebase might so thats a job tomorrow.

Went to Tesco after, stocked up on coke zero and treated myself to a blu ray player, a blu ray dvd and 2 cds. Didn't plan to, it just happened....130 later and I got out of the shop!!!

Well done Char, that's a fab result ;-) 4 off is better than 4 on!!!

Ouch for the Currys trip!

Have a good day :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales! Go by shape.

Morning All !
Hope everyones in the zone . first char 4 off thats great . taking you to a total of ?
So your sister is back on exante now , what happened ?
See char you can now watch films to pass the time , say thats a treat to yourself for your hard work , everytime you lose a stone you'll treat yourself
Hey usaly if you go to markets stalls selling this stuff you might get a hose , we have one in our town , or look on net
I'm really thinking hard today i must be 100% the only thing is i can't stand black coffee , i need milk . its going to be the only way i stay on vlcd ... anyone else like this /.

Morning All !
Hope everyones in the zone . first char 4 off thats great . taking you to a total of ?
So your sister is back on exante now , what happened ?
See char you can now watch films to pass the time , say thats a treat to yourself for your hard work , everytime you lose a stone you'll treat yourself
Hey usaly if you go to markets stalls selling this stuff you might get a hose , we have one in our town , or look on net
I'm really thinking hard today i must be 100% the only thing is i can't stand black coffee , i need milk . its going to be the only way i stay on vlcd ... anyone else like this /.

Well done Char on the 4 lbs off.

MsJMC, I've gone and bought really expensive coffee. So now when I have some I can have some super fabulous espresso. So far I'm loving that.

How is everyone today? I started the day a bit wrong with 1/2 an egg and some bacon [a smidgen] but since then I've been 100%. Not had lunch yet and don't feel like it so I guess still in ketosis. Even managed 10 minutes on the exercise bike a while ago. Might do some more soon too. Yey for ketosis and being in the zone :)

Thanks everyone. My sister fell off the wagon for a few weeks, but the other day got back on it. The grand total is now 17.10 back in my jeans and able to breathe, haven't been able to wear them for about a year so yay for that.

Yes, treat myself every month, next month I might get surround sound system, but thwn again the car neess taxing next month so we will see. I know the hose would be cheaper on the internet but don't have the time to wait for it to come, I don't know if my market has a stall where it does things like that, might have a quick look before I go to homebase. There is a little shop I am going to try as well, might do a longer length one.

Few things I need to do - if I liked coffee I would treat myself to a nice coffee machine but I don't. Did always want one of those senseo things just for the hot chocolate lol, but obviously can't drink hot chocolate at the moment. :( I got into a bad habit last winter of making hot chocolate with squirty cream and maltesers, and I know it is bad but I always put sugar in hot chocolate as well. If you are going to be bad, might as well do it properly. Miss hot chocolate so much. :(

Just found out yesterday the college I applied for term starts 2nd September, bit annoyed as normally colleges start middle end of September so wont lose as much weight as I hoped. Scarily it is only 9 weeks to starting college on Monday, where has the year gone? Getting darker again in the evenings already :( hate winter and lack of daylight hours.

Going to shut up as it sounds like I am having a long moan lol!!

Well done Char. Shocking about 9 weeks till college. What you going to study? You'll be slimmer by then girl! I start new job in September. Would live to lose hundreds of weight for then!! X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales! Go by shape.

Back