Cambridge diet - 10 stone to lose

Well I finally had some time to call my cambridge consultant this evening. Had a really long chat with her. I said to her that I want to go back on to sole source seeing as I still have these health problems and nobody is doing anything about it. I told her I felt it was better to lose weight and still have these health issues than potentially stay the same weight or end up back where I started and still have the same issues and that I was not going to let anyone stop me regardless of what anyone says. Fortunately, she agrees with me and so on 1st August (because she is going away on holiday) I am making the long trek to Essex to get weighed and pick up 4 weeks worth of products. I don't want to change consultant because I have a really good relationship with mine and I know she supports me 110 per cent. While I am here, I will see her once every 4 weeks. She wants me to do sole source plus but I am just going to go back on sole source.

I have been so depressed about being off plan and worrying about the weight and not meeting my targets when I wanted to. The petrol will work out an extra ten pounds a week which to me is worth it although it will skint me. So I am coming back soon to my cambridge :)

I really want this so much and I am not about to give up even though it is hard and life keeps trying to throw spanners in the works!!! It is not ideal but it is a way around things for the moment. Maybe I am crazy but I actually miss cambridge. I know it works, I know I can do it, I know I feel healthier on it and I know in the long run it will help with my health. If I miss cambridge now, what will I feel like after my cambridge journey? Lol. :)

Char this is great news .
When you've got the drive to go for it nothing will get in your way and the hospital can't find whats wrong so you feel no more time is to be wasted and you must sort it out . Can you skpe your CDC ? save some petrol and buy cheap scales ? or it helps with seeing her ?
My saying is , lets get on with this and get it done . We know what we have todo so lets do it , i'm taking away milk now as i'm not happy about my weight loss this week , it was 6 for first week .
so from 247 too 241 . I do feel slimmer .
maybe my inches are coming off , hey you know I said about I want to lose it for few reason one was for looking around secondary schools in oct , well got dates and its come ealier for some schools in sept , ho well least give me a while and second is for my holiday to sit in planes seats lol no over hang lol
Right better run , lets keep eachother on track !

Thank you!!! That is exactly my point, if hospital did a proper investigation then I wouldn't go back on it yet. Have to see consultant a minimum of every 4 weeks, it does help me to see her, helps me stay motivated and on track.

Yeah my sister has always said don't do milk, she says she is sure it doesn't keep you in ketosis.

Well good that you found the zone especially now you will be doing the schools in September not october. I wont be the weight I wanted to be when I start college but will still shift some before then!!! Holidays.....not sure what to do about going to Paris, getting scared about going on my own etc so toying with the idea of buying a ticket to see fleetwood mac in UK at end of September and just selling Paris ticket. Worryingly I couldn't find my passport when I came to Basingstoke but I was highly stressed and didn't have much time. Had 2 hours to shower, get dressed, pack, phone a couple of people etc. Told my friends I am going back on cambridge. One disagrees with it at the moment, one said she is really proud of me for getting back on it so bit of a mixed bag but not bothered, I need to do this for me and I don't really care what anyone has to say!!!

Went primark last weekend and treated myself. Got 2 new pairs of shoes, 3 dresses, nice new purse and some short pajamas as only had long ones. Could have been worse, didn't have any summer dresses at all prior to that so not bad. Bought some nail varnishes and new lipgloss in tesco. Might have to reign the treats in for the moment seeing as will have to do alot in petrol to get to consultant!!! 110 miles each way... hopefully wont have to do it for long!!!

Lets keep motivating each other, sounds like a great plan!!!

Did you hear weather is expected to hit 35 next week? Hotter than anywhere in Europe!!!

Hi Char
Weather on Monday looks hot ! , thinking about my daughter in her classroom as its the hottest one the teacher said as we was there on Thursday to watch them do something ... its horrid to sit in that , she finishes Tuesday at 2 . lots of mums are working so I have to bring one home with me .
Been thinking I can't cope to well with no milk in drinks so going to have to keep going , OH said he thinks if I stop he thinks I will break the diet . so limit them down .
so this friend not kneen on you doing CD ? why is that ? wow a lot of miles to the CDC but its worth it plus gives you something todo , when in spet you going to collage, I know its horrid when we think of losing time and wont be where we want to be weight wise .
yes lets spur eachother on , come good times and bad .
paris , what ticket is it ?
so how have you felt health wise since you've had to stop CD ? I mean you was getting pain , now your eating has it stopped or are things the same char ?
yes schools start looking at them sept and oct .so hoping for another 20 pound off by sept . I didn't get a good weight loss but I noticed I felt smaller in clothes , so im ok with that .
when you starting back char on CD ?
did your sis get back on exante ?
well weather really don't look good today huh .....
lets hope things get sorted for you char with home and everything .
how was yesterday ?

Hi Char,

I joined this forum about a week ago and have read through your entire diary. You are so strong willed and full of determination! I'm sure everyone here would agree.. WE KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

Keep going girl! I do believe people where given tough lives because they are strong enough to beat them! Good luck on your journey, I will be following along with everyone else xxxx

Hi char

Hope ur in the mend chick :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Hi, everyone,

Sorry it has been a while, just been a mad couple of weeks. Came back to Essex yesterday for a few days to sort some things out, supposed to go back in Saturday but not so sure now. Pains have calmed down greatly and I finally came off about a week ago!! Thank goodness for that, still supposed to see gynecology outpatients, potentially have op. Saw cambridge consultant today, had a really good chat with her, got my 4 weeks worth of products, intention is to go back on sole source either tomorrow or sunday as have been invited to bbq on Saturday and it is one thing I haven't eaten and really fancy. Always been a sucker for bbq!! Anyway, seeing as I have been eating for about a month, I felt so sure I had put some weight on, was winding myself up thinking it could be a stone or something as haven't been great and haven't been too bad either but obviously the way I had to break it so suddenly. Was petrified of stepping on those scales!!! Initially when I looked I thought it said 18.3 which meant I had put on 8lbs. Looked again and realised it said 17.3 because my consultant said you lost 6lbs! I was jumping up and down, clapping, nearly screaming because I was so happy. Don't know how I lost 6lbs, said to my consultant I thought I had put on weight and she said she thought I would have as well. So very proud of myself right now, must be a good 4 weeks I have been eating so that is still 1.5lbs a week!! :) when I go back on ss because of going into ketosis and losing more in your first week, if I do 8lbs like I did before on my first week then that will take me down to 16.9, lightest I have been for literally 7 years to the month. That will take me to not too far off what I would have been if I hadn't had to come off it, I estimate off the top of my head only about 6lbs more than where I planned to be so quite happy with that despite everything!!! Happy bunny!!!

Confidence in terms of weight has definitely gone up loads since I started and I get men checking me out when I am out and about, so can't look bad!! I didn't have the confidence before to wear dresses, now feel comfortable enough to wear dresses above the knee, and never had the confidence to wear short pajamas in front of people, sat in my neighbours this morning in my short pajamas and he was making comments and had bt man who came to fix my internet having a good look. Feels really good!!!

Enrolled for my college course yesterday because I still really want to do it. I am supposed to start first week in September I believe but will get letter confirming date and time. Being home is making me want to come home, I have had enough of letting some idiot (to put it mildly) taking everything away from me still after all this time. Refuges are like hell. Thinking I could just rent a garage although I shouldn't have to and it costs money just until I can afford my cctv and home alarm system. Otherwise it will affect my diet in terms of how often I get support and weighed face to face, will stop me going to college, keeping me away from the people I care about, costing me a fortune in petrol and bills on both places plus running the car. Why should I have to go away and change my whole life when I have done nothing wrong? Want to seek legal action and compensation from my housing association. He was the first person who I happened to bump into as I got to the close vicinity of my home. He was sending his little work friend to walk up and down constantly outside my flat, while he constantly drove up and down the main road (I am just off main road up some side road). He isn't even supposed to be driving or coming anywhere near my half of the main road, yet he still is. Even my neighbour said he hadn't seen anything of him while I was away. Don't know what to do anymore, I am pretty placid and it takes so much to push me but part of me feels like I could snap. I really felt like going out there and losing my rag with him yesterday.

How are you all doing, ms, hope you are still 100%, lets keep doing this!!! It works and feels great seeing and feelibg the results. Paris ticket for a rubbish seat right at the back but only one I could get!!

Forever, thank you for message and thinking of me!!

Thank you all so much for sticking with me, I AM COMING BACK VERY SOON!!! Thanks for all your support, it means so much :) x

Oh and thank you whiskers, for reading and supporting!! Welcome!!! I can be very stubborn and strong willed when I dig my heels in!!! Strong and weak point of mine but in the past I have had alot of people say they wish they had my determination and stubbornness. I will go my own way and walk alone on life's path if it is something I want, care about or believe in. Same as if I care about someone I will fight the world for them, on my own if I have to!!!

How are you getting on? Hope you are doing well and succeeding!!

Hey, welcome back Char , so you going to have Barbie then start sunday ?
I have just got ccv camera , as ppl have tried few times getting into my French doors, you can see where screwdriver has gone in .
so no sign of this stalker ? its hard to know what todo,have to get a stungun lol
good to seeing your post, and great you lost 6 must really make you feel yes i'm coming back to finish what I started .
I have got myself back on plan too , had a bad headache yesterday and felt so low , as its holidays and nothing todo , not seen anyone , no kids playing out for my daughter to play with she will be ten this month ... next door but1, well mum said she will go to park yesterday waited in , no knock, so thought right i'll go up there as not sitting in again , to find the dad just coming out the gate of the park, with the two girls as I go in , nothing said ... as the two girls are not allowed to play out , there 8 , 6 , lack of kids round here . so my daughters got a boy from her class coming today . lets hope it picks up next wk .
I am 16 stone 13 pounds today , I was almost 18 stone , its great to see i'm going into each stone bracket .
I have gave myself this half term too really deal with my demons , been watching youtube vids of vlcd , so that helps too .
As you know char I have said reasons why I want to lose weight , think theres a few schools in sept to look at and some in oct , so I have ive got 6 weeks before first one.
and also spain in October 27th , its going to be better not carring all this weight with me , so we are about same weight , not much in it . lets keep eachother going char .
I need more exante have done for while , have to ask partner for him to get me some , think money tight , but no work about ... makes me laugh that their not shutting the doors to people coming here to work .
Lets do this char be here waiting lol

Hey,
Feels good to be getting on. Will hopefully make a reasonable dent into 16's by end of 1st week :). That will feel like a massive achievement with it being the lightest I have been in 7 years.

Not nice of next door but 1 to not knock. I hate people doing things like that. Don't say something like that if you aren't going to do it, simple!!!

Stun gun, sounds like a great plan...lol! Or maybe taser? Lol.

Yes, start sunday after the barbie! Glad you are still on plan :) by Christmas (which I hate) I, or rather we, should be pretty close to target. Slim and sexy for 2014, sounds great. I know it has been so hot but I really wish that we have some weather like that next year when I am maintaining my target weight. Am interested to see whether I would enjoy it, or just be able to cope with it. I am coping so much better with all this weight off.

Are you getting excited for Spain yet?

While writing this it has gone from being too warm and sunny to rain and thunder but still too warm.

Hope you get more exante!!

its was rain early and thunder, now looking bleak
yes them next door should of said something , well I will see if she says anything to me about it if not , they can get on with it .
they are private renting ....
taser lol you are funny ... shame cant buy them , you know what will happen if we do use it , they will end up dead from it and we do time lol
Not thought too much on spain , i'm just thinking on these summer hols and thinking lets hope it picks up .... not many kids live round here .
so the very few , no nowhere to be seen. and the girls next door but one well now allowed out , we have a green outside our house too .
I bet your feeling much better char losing this weight so far , keep going , if u need op you can come off plan..... and you know its more weight off too for the op
I did not cope to well with this weather yesterday .
yes , carrying extra weight is not good in hot weather .... my daughter sweats .... trying to get her to do some running at park .
How have you been char ? I know its all going on there , things have to get back to normal soon !
yes we will be in this mad diet for a while lol
along the way we can spur eachother on , and anyone who wants to pop along too for the bumpy ride

Been highly stressed, and emotional. When I say I'm fine I really do mean f****d up, insecure, neurotic and emotional lol. Been depressed as well but bit better now.

Yeah we would do time for taser, did you know men that commit so called 'crimes of passion' normally get much less of a sentence than women who commit the same crimes. Same as men who kill partners and exes get much less time than women who do it. Useless information but true and very unfair.

Yeah, let them get on with it, people like that aren't worth it.

With my recent experiences I do feel like if I have to have op and come off plan again, I am now much more confident that I could still make progress, although not as much as on plan.

I am so petrified of storms, one of the very few things I need/want a man around for to comfort me.

Hopefully your daughter will be encouraged to exercise more or whatever seeing your success. As I have said before one of the many reasons I want to do this diet is if I have a baby I want to be a healthy weight, partly because pregnancy runs smoother, don't want my little one to get bullied and I feel like there is more chance of them being a healthy weight themselves if I am, also i never want to tell my child I am too tired to run around/play with them.

Will make my mechanics course easier as well, can't physically fit big body parts into small places lol. Much more tiring and painful sitting, crouching, kneeling etc. Although I have always found kneeling so painful, seriously considering getting knee pads to try and make it more comfortable.

Might even start posting pics on here soon, we will see.

This journey feels like being strapped into a roller coaster for the ride, bumpy, scary and a few knocks while clinging on for dear life lol. Anyone can get on it with us, the more the merrier, and safety in numbers and all that lol.

Your voices getting easier to get rid off now when they try to pipe up?

Morning char
I'm up early today 5:30 , tummy was in pain , unsettled sleep as always .
So men get less time ? blimey .... its very scarey to think that your being storked and theres not a lot they can do . shame you cant pay someone to put the frightners on him , yes char another reason to have a man in your life now .
yes my daughter will get her out running today , im looking at what foods to give her too . fruit chicken veg , really looking into a plan .
ho I love a good storm , not good when you don't like them .
on the food hospital they were saying about women who are big in pregnancy , start to devolope type2 diabetes , and also saying the baby can stop growing , theres so many down sides ... best to be a good weight .
yes with your course , getting under cars kneeling all hard things when knees are sore . char you will do this , you know the benefits along the bumpy ride , hey getting to a good weight you may not need this op .
you know ive had two awful days but last night I thought I can really deal with this , and today woke up feeling voices, I don't have any . i'm looking on ordering more exante , I want offers .....
its good watching youtube vids on vlcd people doing the diet , cant do to many yanky ones , as they go on and on lol
char enjoy your babrie and dust yourself down for sunday !

Hi char

Hope ur in the mend chick :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Hey its the 3rd august , how did weigh in go ? yes I know what you mean about the scales , can really play with your head , let us know how you got on ?

I don't know what it is like to sleep well, always had problems getting to sleep, wake up so many times, have terrible nightmares from all the abuse and trauma I have gone through!!

Hope tummy is feeling better now.

Believe me if I knew dodgy people by now I would have sent someone round to scare him. Just trying to seek some legal advice again about injunction or anything although I was told before I wouldn't be able to get one. Should get a call back today so fingers crossed!! Not that injunction stops them when they are that determined but still a step in the right direction.

How old is your daughter? I know that slimming world wont directly let kids follow plan until they are 15 but they do have some book in place to help and it is free for 10-15 year olds, might help?

Might need op anyway to try and rule some things out about why I had problems for so long.

Should really clean up flat today, good scrub top to bottom before bbq. Just the thought of scrubbing and cleaning in hot weather puts me off, lol, but know it would make me feel a bit better when it is done.

Not looking forward to trying to get back into ketosis, once you're in it obviously it is fine, it is just getting to that point!! The headaches, hunger, oh and going toilet all the time lol. Still have missed cambridge and it is worth it and I know now that the grass is not greener when on cambridge and wanting to eat. Just all mind playing tricks on us. None of it tasted half as good as the thought of it did in my head lol!!

With my current weight I am near enough a third of the way through, will feel better when I can say 2 thirds through lol.

Bit cooler today than it was, but still going to do hair and make up and wear dress to see my friend at bbq!

hi char

so we set to go ? i'm dropping i'm 235 and totm yesterday started . With time it gets easier doing vlcd , as you know before . i'm cooking them roast lamb but i'm not tempted . as I say I have spain in 12 weeks and need to keep pushing to get smaller .
My daughter is 9 almost ten on 19th of this month . yes thought about a plan like that for her but it won't be easier with her as she rebells .
sleeping when the mind is active is not good , they say go to bed and think of nothing , have tried that , best to read a book which I can't do as the light on with OH lol
so all cleaning done and Barbie great .... see im glad I have nothing like this coming up as this is a fail for me .
so have you got your Cambridge stuff , I noticed they have changed the site , so I could not go on there , to see the pics . I usaly look at them to spur me on .
right i'm going to sort their dinner grab my shake , bath .... then to my order for exante .
How you feeling ? I have had ice cold water only .

Hey, I wish I had gone back on cambridge on friday. All the bbq food had already gone, I only got a chicken wing, sausage and a burger as well as a little bit of home made coleslaw and bit of puddings.

Ended up in chicagos, ran into this guy I was seeing for a month in January, had already heard my friend had run into him the night before and he was asking after me. Anyway, felt good to see someone while looking and feeling good. He wants me back, I'm not really sure I want to go back there, I did leave him in the first place. He left to go find his friend and get his keys off him but went round his to talk after club closed! Saw another guy from ages ago who I exchanged numbers with and then ignored because my friend did something bad to him and then I felt bad. Anyway we talked as well, and he wants to start again and get to know each other. Not sure about either of them but I will talk to them both for now, maybe that is bad, but I have told them both about each other lol.

After talking with the guy I used to be seeing I slept at his for a couple of hours, then finally got home about 1pm and crashed again, only just woke up!!! Will probably be up all night now but I am still starting back on Cambridge RIGHT NOW! Lol. He said he wants to take me out next weekend for a meal, told him about cambridge and that I can only come out for a bottle of water or coke zero.

Dreading the struggle of getting back into ketosis, but here goes. I will just try to rest alot over the next few days.

I can't get in bed and think of nothing, that is the problem!!! Reading keeps me awake if it is a good book lol. Friend came round yesterday morning and once he is in your home you can't get him out, lol. Couldn't get rid of him until 5.30pm!!! Means I still didn't get any cleaning done because then I had to get ready lol.

So only water and coke zero again, hope I can stay strong again on cambridge but obviously want to be 100% on it again like before!! Fingers crossed!!

Did you order more exante? Will be nice to have someone else in that zone with me!! Glad you weren't cooking roast lamb in front of me today, lol

Oh, yes I got 4 weeks worth of cambridge stuff on Thursday, my poor purse was just left with dust and moth balls!! Lol. Supposed to be going back to basingstoke tomorrow... don't want to, don't really have the petrol until a couple of days time. Think I definitely want to come home seeing as the the thought of going back makes we want to keep putting it off and upsets me!

Evening char
Ho so food almost run out at Barbie .... not been to any ....but then I don't want the temptation either ....
good to go out must say if you can stay strong .
So few blokes in your life .... that's it their like buses 2 come along at once . well can always have them as friends and you never know your options are always open
My exante will be here tomorrow , bars 50 of them lol and spag bowl , fast delivery , but can't wait as had no exante bars in few weeks .
How much was your 4 weeks Cambridge ? So you have to go back to Basingstoke tomorrow, must be nightmare , have to think of you being safe .
Yes no point in going to bed wide awake , I love going to bed so tired then fall asleep which is not often that happens .
How you getting on with Cambridge ? so will you go see your CDC next week ?
Yes , its hard with the headaches on this , I seem ok now but had few . I have made my mind up after October i'm done with VLCD . bUT MY DIETING DAYS ARE NOT OVER, I will find a new plan . its just this will get a bulk off in time for the things coming up . Well that's what my heads saying now lol .
Think Cambridge need to work on more meals , they don't bring much out to chew on . I know you can have more than one lemon bar aday , I didn't do Cambridge due to my form being signed by GP as bmi being over 40 .... so I had to think where now , I think they should do away with that . I had a really good CDC too , but I won't line my GP pockets with money she gets enough in her wages ..... its wrong they do it in normal hours then charge , they already get money .
Don't like slim save , the shakes are too thick make me vomit . exante needs to have pick your own for so much money . love exante bars , choc orange best . also like pasta too , but too much of anything can make you sick as these bumper packs cost less but become boring ..... ok moan over lol

Hey,

4 weeks cambridge was 172.20 for 3 products a day. I used to get bumper packs from exante and then try and drink my least favourite flavours first lol.

Yeah, think I will just go to basingstoke to get my things and come home. Told my sister this evening, thought we might fall out again over it but she said she understands so that is 1 less stress!!

Yes, will see what happens with these 2 guys, my friend thinks it's funny I have 2 men fighting over me. As long as I am honest with both of them then its ok. Just about to have a lemon bar, my first product as I try to eek them out as long as possible until I am in ketosis. Will probably smoke more until back into ketosis but whatever gets me through it. I looked at my projected weight loss and I am 9lbs behind not 2 weeks, so assuming I lose 8lbs this week and then do 4lbs a week again I am about 2 weeks behind original target so I can live with that, I think it is pretty good going despite everything actually!! :)

I had to do bumper packs with exante as couldn't afford the expense of pick your own but was frustrating, at least with cambridge you aren't penalised for only having the flavours you want! I am having 1 lemon bar, 1 choc tetra and 1 peanut bar. That was my order for the 4 weeks. I did arrange to see my consultant this week on the basis of probably coming home but said if not I would let her know. Still had to buy 4 weeks in case I didn't come home and also she obviously had to order all my 4 weeks worth in for me so felt it would be taking the mickey to then not take it all at once!!

My friend was joking about I could play these 2 guys off each other to get everything out of them but I'm not like that!!

Can't wait to pick clothes up that don't fit at the moment and fit into them, it really does give you such a great feeling going from not being able to even do them up to when they are too loose. Such a buzz lol. I do have alot of smaller clothes that I had bought/been given in the past with the intention of losing weight, like I said before I should be fine until I get to a 12 or 14 then will have to start getting some but might just go to charity shops as no point in spending loads just to find in a month they are too big and need some more. Crazy person that I am at the moment I am still excited at being back on cambridge, remind me of that when I am complaining about having a stinking headache that lasts all day or wanting to eat something, but hoping now I know the grass is not greener I wont really suffer with wanting to eat something! Or at the very least know that it is just mind playing tricks on me!!

You know when I was eating food my tastes had changed, like I tried to drink a kopparberg bottle of pear cider that I used to love and just found it to sickly sweet, not that I should have been drinking anyway but lets not talk about that lol. Didn't eat half as much bread as I used to, in fact I barely ate any!! So that is good too!! :) I really hope ketosis comes quickly and painlessly lol! Hopefully because it hasn't been that long my body may 'remember' and slip into it seemlessly?! Or just wishful thinking?!

People used to say to me why not just use cambridge as a starting point to lose a couple of stone and then switch but now I have seen the fast results and also experienced feeling so healthy on it I don't plan to do that!! It is almost addictive in some ways and I can see how people can end up with eating disorders.

Back