Cambridge diet - 10 stone to lose

I thought my phone had been playing up all day, got the laptop out and that wouldn't work either. I then realised it must be my wi-fi, turned wi-fi off on my phone and now phone is working!

Cambridge is working out about between £45-£50 at the moment, but I did buy mix a mousse and water flavourings as well as bars. I think the water flavourings and mix a mousse are about £7 each and I know bars are a little bit more as well. How much is ll these days?

I had to cook dinner for someone last night, chips, sausage rolls, garlic bread and they had cheese omelettes. Would have been so easy to have just eaten it all myself as well, I was being encouraged to eat but managed to stay strong, consequences are I am struggling a bit today - that whole internal battle. It is hard after people start telling you to eat.

My left hip and right knee in particular really hurt so much. When it hurts really bad it probably looks really funny to watch me trying to walk but it is agony. Once it was so bad I had to sit in a wheelchair around the shops. I'm 30. Yes my mums side of the family were crippled with arthritis young, but I am sure I would have alot less problems. My back often feels like it is about to split in 2 and my feet absolutely kill after only a few mins of standing up. I struggle to breathe after a 5 min walk (smoking contributes to that), I get boiling hot after doing the most simplest of things, like getting dressed. I have had chest pains and been in hospital with them. I should not be like this at 30, I should be in my prime. There are other things as well, but that is enough! It depresses me so much, I try to just block it all out. I want to be living and enjoying my life to the full! Despite all that at the moment I still want to eat and feel absolutely disgusted with myself for that. :-(

I so totally get that this is 'the last chance'. Do it or die.

Might have to put myself to bed early tonight to stop myself from thinking and being tempted lol.

How are you getting on?

Thanks for that link!

Afternoon Char , yes I get a few of these problems , but its was in my 40s I got them , I was not over weight when she told me that I had arthritis in my left knee , but now I've gained a lot of weight since 09 its become sore , I had a sneaky peak on my scales i'm 8 down ... long may to carry on lol
Hey you did so well to staying away from food , going to bed early is good ... it can be so hard at times they say 21 days to break a habbit .
In a rush now back on later , btw my LL is 71 a wk ish a lot of lolly lol
so with Cambridge how much for bars ? and shakes ?

You are doing so well!!!!! Go girl! X

Hi Char , I guess we are going to face temptation and have to be strong to carry on . yes with smoking you can sort that out later . doing both is just too much . its coming up almost 3 weeks for you now , these vlcd are amazing no matter which one your on they all deliver the same results .
Are you noticing things getting easier with health ?
Well i'm out today , they said the weather wont be as good today .... and rain over next few days .... better weather really helps on this diet .
What you got planned for today Char ?

Hi, sorry it has taken me a while to reply! I have got into a bad habit of staying up all night and sleeping all day, I have had problems ever since I can remember with sleeping. Think I might try to stay up all night and all day to try to get to sleep at night again but that doesn't always work with me! Although I hate it probably will take lots of black coffee with lots of tablet sweetener!

I am not sure how much shakes and bars are individually, but I think the bars might be 2.05 and the shakes might be 1.85? I will try to find out. I know that the tetra packs are slightly more as well.

VLCD's are definitely amazing, I was trying on some clothes earlier, had loads that didn't fit at all and now I can get into some of them :) Also I had some boots that although they fit me, I couldn't pull the legs all the way up, and now I can!!! I don't normally have a problem with my legs fitting into things, I carry most of the weight on my stomach, look pregnant with twins! Have to laugh or I will cry. My pajama tops used to fit but rode up all the time, I was constantly pulling them down again, now they are staying down!

When I was out on Saturday night my friend convinced me to go to a club with her and I still had about 7 or 8 guys come try to chat me up, which just goes to show although I think I look terrible and my confidence is through the floor, obviously other people can't think I look that terrible! Gave me a confidence boost for a little while! I know this sounds really petty but one of the things I can't wait for is to bump into a couple of my ex's when I have lost all the weight and see their reaction, not that my weight was why we split. The best revenge is to live your life well!

I feel like this diet is going to give me a life and confidence. Moments like fitting into clothes that you had grown out of, make you feel amazing! Can't wait to feel even more amazing as I shrink!

If I manage to stay up all night and all day then I must get my old car washed and hoovered ready to sell as the tax runs out at the end of the month! Need to buy some clothes dye for washing machine to dye a maxi dress that I was given bnwt but hate the pattern and colours of it. I am just going to dye it black. My first maxi dress! Couldn't find one that fitted that I liked last summer lol. Next summer will be so different lol.

Hope the weather is good today, what are your plans for the day? What day do you weigh on? Well done on your loss as well.

Congratulations on your progress so far, and your resolve in sticking with it!

Having had some success with VLCDs before, I know it can be done with just a bit of perseverence and a focus on the end product - good luck with it! :)

Thank you! Isn't it amazing how much our lives revolve around food? I watch soaps and I never noticed before how much food was in them! Lol!

Morning char
Hey great about the chat ups in the nightclub, yes boosts you up .
Another great thing your clothes are baggy , its working yeah!!!!
Well weigh in is on a Monday , i lost 10 first week . but i know i can't stay on LL due to money . but i thought it would give me a boost , shame about the women running the group , as she knows little as i'm finding out , but hey soon i'll find another VLCD as theres so many about now . it does not matter which one we on they all give same results . they say exante is the one with more calories in but still gives same results .
its sticking on the plan to the Letter now . we both have a chunk to get off cant look at the big pic ....
Hey how did you cope not drinking at the nightclub was it hard ? i guess with the male attension you never gave it a thought hehe .
so how you feeling for today ?
are you finding the diet easy ? i've had few blips , i hope i wont crack i have this problem alot , i need to go back and read the thread i posted to you , good ideas to stop me thinking bad thoughts , well raining here , good weather for two days , ho well lol
i'm sure i'll be keeping you company on this along with many others too

Hey, didn't really bother me not drinking in the club, in the main I drink rarely anyway. Will probably find drinking much cheaper at the end of this hopefully as at the moment I can never get drunk and I can really put it away lol.

I have tried to do exante a few times, it really does work if you can stick to it but I have always found it impossible to stick to diets at home on my own. My sister is doing exante this time, she lost about 10 stone on cambridge. Exante products taste really nice though and the bars are much bigger than cambridge ones.

Weather is really miserable here too, I am still surgically attached to my dressing gown most of the time! I have one of those long, soft, fluffy hooded ones, not very attractive but lovely and warm lol. Have to go out later and do a couple of things in this miserable weather :-(

Yes, we must stick to this like glue! Nice to have regular company on here, it really helps!

Wow your sister has done well on cambridge, yes helps to have a good CDC , with exante i like them all but yes theres no one to weigh you . With the bars i do like cambridge and exante .... not much choice on exante .
lol so you don't get drunk no cant remember when i last had a good drink up ...
its nice to hav ethat feeling of merry but it does not last and while on VLCd is a no no lol .
yes i also need to go out break the day up .
where are you in essex ?

I am in Chelmsford. I don't intend to stay in Chelmsford though. I have lived in most of Essex though and quite alot of other places, north and south. Not through choice but it was just how life panned out. Where are you?

I really need to get my old car washed and hoovered but debating whether it is a good idea today, but need to sell it before the end of the month when the tax runs out, dilemmas lol!

I am in Chelmsford. I don't intend to stay in Chelmsford though. I have lived in most of Essex though and quite alot of other places, north and south. Not through choice but it was just how life panned out. Where are you?

I really need to get my old car washed and hoovered but debating whether it is a good idea today, but need to sell it before the end of the month when the tax runs out, dilemmas lol!

I'm in Herfordshire , my oh if an Essex boy lol maybe do the inside if not raning , then when its drier then wash it .
they are showing Diet chef on TV now lol hoo don't like the look of that .
where can you see yourself living ?
I always say taht i won't stay in here ... but its stuck in a rut .

I don't know where I will end up! When I am in Essex I want out and when I get out I miss it and want to come back lol! There is nowhere else like Essex!!! I was trying to move to Brentwood but things kept going wrong! Keep thinking about Romford area as well but I don't know. Alot of people move from Romford to Chelmsford. Just want to find somewhere where I am happy and settle down.

I do plan to go out on new years eve and drink!!! By then if I am not at my target I should be very close! Either way should be eating some sort of food by then and I am sure at that point one night off wont hurt. Will get an amazing dress and shoes, will feel like a million dollars hopefully! 2014 will be my year!!!!

where ever you lay your hat thats your home ? lol
My OH is Dagenham . well herts now .
wow when we think new years eve seems so far off on this VLCd lol but your strong and i'm sure you will be wearing a nice dress . Thats it when over weight xmas is a hard time when you don't feel dressed up . its about time i had a nice dress and had clothes i wanted to wear not what fitted .
Char how was yesterday ? I'm soon going to be switching to another VLCD , see LL to much ... see i like the savoury meals on slim save but not the shakes their horrid ....
I think Cambridge could do with more choices .
IN the summer , thats if we get any i like sweet shakes , but this weather i want meals soups . Whats you key to staying in control on this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I managed to get through yesterday without drinking black coffee. Just found out yesterday that asda do this coke zero cherry coke. Only asda has it around here. Just got some to try it but they only did it in a pack of 8 cans so hope I like it!

My shopping looked so funny at tesco. Just coke zero, squash and toiletries. Managed to find 2 no added sugar squashes without citric acid in, one apple and strawberry and one was mango and something. Tesco high juice. Hope I like them too, much cheaper than the water flavouring! Was looking for some t-shirts, preferably long sleeved ones but no luck so went to asda. Only one long sleeved one but got 7 t shirts and new smaller pajamas, needed some new ones anyway, my old ones had holes in! Just going to live in these t shirts until the end apart from what I have in my wardrobe, because obviously you can get away with wearing big t shirts. I don't see the point of buying new clothes every month, when every month I will grow out of them.

Not sure I have a key to this, just that I really feel if I don't do it this time I never ever will. This diary somehow helps because in a strange way I feel like I will be letting other people down as well if I give in. I keep telling myself why I am doing this, remind myself that the food I am missing will all still be there when I am eating if I still want it, that if I have got this far (3 weeks tomorrow) then I can get all the way through, that nothing worth doing in life was ever easy and that if my sister could do it then I can as she was bigger and binged on alot more food in ine go than I ever have. I am taking pictures once a month as well, partly to help with motivation and partly hopefully to inspire other people.

Was parked outside greggs earlier, I started thinking about their sausage rolls and hot chocolate lol. Walking round tesco was a little bit hard, especially at the bakery, I love bread!!! I just didn't look or stop and only went to the aisles that I needed. Normally I do my shopping online, must go back to that to help avoid temptation lol! If I could just sleep and be fed products through an IV until the end I would!!! Still at least when I am finished I can look back and be proud of myself and know that I did it despite everything! I do have a friend who although proud of me completely disagrees with vlcds. He said if you can completely give up food then why couldn't you just stick to sensible eating, I don't know except in some ways it is easier not putting any food in my mouth than only little bits of things.

Dagenham....many people would say oh dear, it doesn't have a good reputation, everyone says never go there unless you have to lol! Herts is definitely a step up! Lol!

What is your key to this? I am sure you will find a vlcd that suits your budget and taste, there are loads out there now. I saw shake that weight is about 80 a month, told my sister because she is having money issues at the moment. Money issues was why I kept trying exante, but things aren't as tight for me now so cambridge is ok for me now. Even cambridge isn't really that expensive for what it actually is. Have you heard about the hcg one? Weather is still really miserable here :(

Yes that black coffee can send you crazy , i drink alot of coffee , and black is not nice . hey funny you saying that about cherry coke zero i was reading a thread this morning she was asking if its ok the cherry one , they said it was and it gave me an idea to get some . i'm very cold today .
shake that weight , yes unsure what its like .
With it being so cold i will order meals more than shakes and i love bars .... LL do nice ones so does cambridge but there going to be out of the Q for me soon as you can't order them on line .
slim save are small bars .
Like that , if you don't do it this time you never will .... very true . its so hard but its harder too stay like this .
For me whats the key , well theres many as to why , one i don't want to be the big mum at thw school because i never was until my daughter reached year 3 it started packing on , shes in year 5 now , so its looking round the schools come oct and i'd like a good chunk off by then . also my inner and outerself . if i keep making excues i'll never get there .
your trolly lol ... maybe you will get in the zone and go shopping and it won't effect you the food by your results to keep you going .
I worked in a bakers and lost weight got too 10 stone , it was the boss telling me i'll never do it , made me do it .
greggs , our greggs now has changed all them nice cakes have gone its got hardly anything in it . but we have a greggs moments , which is ok , was bakers oven , changes not for the better .
weather here not good .
Dagenham , yes he said its a S hole now .... i used to spend alot of time up there , i always thought people in my town a little offish .... have a guess where i'm from , lewis hamilton its his home town , girl on britians got talent called gabza was on last night its her town too .... lol
Hey 3 weeks tomoz wow , let me know your weigh in

Last edited by a moderator:
I never asked anyone about the cherry coke zero, just checked the ingredients and saw there was no citric acid in it so knew it would be alright!!!

Funnily enough one of the many reasons for doing this is I want ro be a healthy weight when I have children, not just because I don't want them to get bullied for it but also I never want to have to tell my child that I cant run/play around with them because of not having the energy due to my size. I want to be able to keep up with them, not just watch them while I am stuck in a chair!

I know exante are starting to do meals now if that helps, and porridge as well!!! Not fair, they didn't when I was doing it lol!! I keep getting it in my head that I want to mix a choc and banana shake and that in my head it tastes nice, although it will probably taste disgusting!!

My sister told me her old cambridge consultant told her the cambridge meals are absolutely disgusting and not to try them so she didn't!!

Tried all my new tops on, bought them all in a size 18 but wasn't sure if they would fit but they do, some better than others. Weird seeing as they are all asda tops so should all fit the same! I got the pajamas in a 16-18 again, thinking I was just being hopeful but they do fit me!! Not as in really tight, they actually fit me!!! Yay! Made me feel good and smile! :) clothes wise depending on where they came from 18-20 on bottom.

I did cheat and use google and according to google Lewis Hamilton is from Stevenage. I should have known that as I did read his autobiography but couldn't remember. I am a bit car crazy, when I split up with an ex, the money I had saved for us moving in together, I went and blew it on a car and on car stuff in Halfords. Normally it is what a man would do lol!

I worked in mcdonalds and lost weight, truth is when I worked there I got so sick of it, eating it, seeing it and smelling it every day put me right off at the time!!

Now I am back home I am snuggled back in my dressing gown! Really tired, might have a little nap as still didn't sleep well last night. Someone text me just as I had fallen asleep and then i was tossing and turning all night and got up eventually about 5.30am. However, if I have a nap I will probably not sleep tonight again. Hate having sleeping problems, it really messes with my life.

Can hardly believe I have managed to stick with this for 3 weeks tomorrow!!! Never thought I would have! :)

Oh and bakers oven was so much better lol!! Did you know there is a pound cafe in poor parts of the country where you can get 4 breakfast items for a pound. So unfair, I want a pound cafe here!!!!

Well today is 3 weeks!!!! Wow!!! I probably shouldn't have done this but I decided to do some date projections for goals. Officially I weigh in today at 7.15pm, but according to my scales I think I have lost 4lbs this week, same as last week. Still totm for me, very frustrating.

So I have based my projections on losing 4lbs a week. That means I have 27 weeks left before I get to my current target of 10 stone. Looking through my Cambridge book I have to come off of sole source 7 weeks before. That means I have 20 weeks left of not eating.

Halfway through, (10 weeks left of not eating) will be 18th July 2013
I should be 12 stone when I start eating again, 17th October 2013
I should reach 11 stone (top of healthy weight bracket) 14th November 2013
I should reach my target of 10 stone on December 5th 2013

Plenty of time before Christmas and New Years Eve!!!

In total, if I reach those targets on time, my journey from start to finish will have taken me 31 weeks!!! Wow!, it takes longer than that to have a baby, lol!!!

Somehow it makes me feel better knowing how long I have left of not eating. Have marked all these dates in my diary lol. Just hope it works out that way!

Char the apple high juice is citric acid free too :) I have the apple and raspberry one and its bootiful lol x

Back