Cambridge diet buddy?

charlieann01 said:
I've been weighing myself as CDC was on holiday! I lost 4 lbs in my second week. Just began my third week on Tuesday and I'm worries I'm not going to lose anything this week?
Little question - it's the time of the month lol and I was wondering if that's making me hold water or something? Xxx

Ah well don't weigh yourself too much too often it will knock you down. Just keep going and it will be ok. TOTM can be a reason yes! But I haven't had mine yet so not sure. Maybe someone else can shed some light on it. Hopefully ur next loss will be 4lb again :) x

Girls help, I'm on my third week and haven't lost a thing!!!! Just done my second workout this week, been drinking my water, the only thing diff is I'm eating a bar a day??? Should I stop eating them??? It's getting me a bit down xxxx

I have heard the bars can make a difference, but normally only if your eating more than one a day, i think! The weight coming off can settle, and i have ladies moaning that at their TOTM they stay the same, gain a pound, or only lose one pound, but then the next week i've heard them losing 9 pounds!!!! Your TOTM can make a huge difference due to water retention that you probably aren't even aware of! I know how hard it is, but sometimes, we have to look at the bigger picture and look at our losses over an extended period, i.e. 4 weeks!!!

Don't get me wrong, I know 4 weeks seems an age!!! I have only just had my third weigh in and my weigh in at week 4 seems months away!!!!

Overall though, your sticking to the diet, so you will lose weight, its just some weeks it may come off quicker than others!!!

I can't remember, how did you do in week 1???

Also, i have heard if your doing SS, doing any exercise can make you body go into starvation mode and stop you losing weight!!! Not sure if it's the same with the higher levels, but may be worth bearing mind hun xxx

Also, you say you started your third week on Tuesday, it is only Thursday now... still lots more time to lose lots of weight before your next weigh in....

xxxxxx

tomnkatesmum said:
I have heard the bars can make a difference, but normally only if your eating more than one a day, i think! The weight coming off can settle, and i have ladies moaning that at their TOTM they stay the same, gain a pound, or only lose one pound, but then the next week i've heard them losing 9 pounds!!!! Your TOTM can make a huge difference due to water retention that you probably aren't even aware of! I know how hard it is, but sometimes, we have to look at the bigger picture and look at our losses over an extended period, i.e. 4 weeks!!!

Don't get me wrong, I know 4 weeks seems an age!!! I have only just had my third weigh in and my weigh in at week 4 seems months away!!!!

Overall though, your sticking to the diet, so you will lose weight, its just some weeks it may come off quicker than others!!!

Also, i have heard if your doing SS, doing any exercise can make you body go into starvation mode and stop you losing weight!!! Not sure if it's the same with the higher levels, but may be worth bearing mind hun xxx

Also, you say you started your third week on Tuesday, it is only Thursday now... still lots more time to lose lots of weight before your next weigh in....

xxxxxx

Would you suggest just sticking to bare
Min during exercise? Just walking? On SS? Got me bit worried...? X

oh crikey, didn't mean to worry you hunny....

i honestly don't know and I am no expert, but I have heard exercise can stop the weight loss as your body feels its being starved!!! Having said that I know Bayboy is exercising and he is going great guns, but then he is a chap, and they work differently to us girlies!!!

My cdc said on Monday that i could exercise by doing anything that made me slightly warm, but that i was NOT to get sweaty or i would end up KO'd on the floor and it could hinder my weight loss!!!!

tomnkatesmum said:

xxxxxx

Aw thank u soooo much!!! I'm hoping next week ill lose more :) I've got to stop weighing myself every day lol getting a bit silly! I lost 7lbs in week 1 which was good. Oh I just prey this slow loss is due to the TOTM!!!!

You've made me feel loads better though :) thank u!! Xxxxxx

No problem babe.. That's what were all here for :)

It can seem depressingly slow at times... I can't wait to weigh in again, but seriously need a good loss... Feel I'm losing my will at the moment! Roll on weigh day!!

Buddies for doet starting 08.10.12

Hi All,

I am starting SS on Monday and was wondering if any1 would like to buddy up or give some tips.

I weigh 150lb and need to get down to 112 that's 38lb abou nearly 4 in stones

Thanks

I heard my name :) yes I'm a bloke and exercising, but us men with a lot to loose do appear to loose well. I'm sure at some point our bodies hit a wall and it might take a couple of weeks to get through it. Yours might just have come early. Serious respect to you though, I can imagine its proper tough going through this pain and not loosing. Just keep drinking and you will pick up again :)

Good luck..

tomnkatesmum said:
No problem babe.. That's what were all here for :)

It can seem depressingly slow at times... I can't wait to weigh in again, but seriously need a good loss... Feel I'm losing my will at the moment! Roll on weigh day!!

It does seem slow but what to do :( I caved in today argh had a piece of cooked chicken with some tuna :O day before my WI lol not good. Ah well u will always have slip ups - not like I ate carb filled food lol x

But isn't that just like an ss+ day? You are allowed Tina and chicken on ss+ so hopefully out won't make too much difference.... what time is your WI tomorrow? How has the rest of the well been for ya?

Well that's not bad at all!!! It could have been chocolate lol. I'm feeling the strain this week too :-( but I'm hoping for a big loss next week to make up for all this pain of not having chocolate lol xxx

I'm missing chocolate too... Was chatting today about food... All I seem to be able to think about at the moment is food... Is everyone else the same?

I even smelt a chocolate wrapper today! Don't worry it was my daughters... I haven't got so bad that I'm going through the bins...yet ! But ooh, that wrapper smelt SO good!

Am I the only crazy person?

I sniff stuff all the time, and then drink some WATER! Went to IKEA tonight and did a big shop, sat and watched my wife eat meatballs and chips.... yummy! Smelt lush

Yup I'm the same, dreaming about eating chocolate fingers lol it's tough because its everywhere u look !! I took my little boy to the coast the other day and could smell fish and chips (my fav) and it was horrible just walking past :-( all I keep thinking is think of the compliments at Xmas when I'm a size 10 xxx

I've been weighing myself as CDC was on holiday! I lost 4 lbs in my second week. Just began my third week on Tuesday and I'm worries I'm not going to lose anything this week?
Little question - it's the time of the month lol and I was wondering if that's making me hold water or something? Xxx

have done cd and exante before am doing s&s now.
if you google waiting for the whoosh, you'll see its well known that during weight loss the fat cells lose their fat stores but they can also then fill with water (especially if its yr TOTM).

i stopped weighing after my 3 week cos I was sticking religiously to the plan lost 10 first week, 4 the next, but then put on. Realising I was feeling despondent and unsure of carrying on I just stopped weighing. Have been on a vlcd for just over 2 months and not weighed throughout. Anyway, if yr sticking to plan there is no way you can't lose weight so ignor the scales and carry on :)

Good advice angie :) chuck ur weighing scales out the door lol.. My WI today at 12.30 eek fingers crossed.. How Is everyone doing today? Any plans? Btw I think I have bcme the sniffing master haha don't worry sniffing food Is natural for us vlcd ppl ;) xx

Yeah thank u!!! I'm going to just wait for my weigh ins. Maybe my measurements are smaller? Hope so. Got to wait till Thursday night tho :-( xx

Ok so I had a dissapointed WLoss this week of only 2.5lb :O but a loss is a loss lol ahh my CDC said that I may be one of those who loses gd one week and slow another :S great..! Lol I am not going to cheat next week which I did this week lol bad me..!! Anyway may go out for a walk today - how is everyone else? Xx

2.5lb off is still good and its going in the right direction.. I know how you feel though, I think we all hope for half a stone of a week! At least! :)
Your doing well hun, just keep at it...

Just got back from a long walk with the kiddies, my parents and brothers dog! I am shattered, I held the dog for some of the walk, and hell she pulls! What a work out!! Lol! Now sitting down with my feet up and watching star wars which is on the Telly... Thinking about a nice mushroom soup, couple of pints of water then an early night... Wow, my life rocks at the mo!

Back